CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design) 2019 is a National Level qualifying examination for the students, who are willing to take admissions to M.Des. (Master of Design) programs/courses at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Delhi, IITDM Jabalpur, IIT Kanpur, IIT Hyderabad and IISc Bangalore. Besides this, it is also organized for Ph.D. programs in Design for the academic year 2019.
The prime motive of organizing CEED is to check the visual perception, logical reasoning, drawing skills, communication level and creativity.
Official notification of CEED 2019 exam has been out and this time as per the rotational policy, it will be conducted by IIT Bombay on 20 January 2019.
In this post, we will provide all the details regarding CEED 2019 exam including CEED 2019 exam eligibility, CEED 2019 exam date, CEED 2019 syllabus, CEED 2019 exam pattern, CEED 2019 Admission form and CEED 2019 exam centers.
CEED 2019 Exam Eligibility: CEED 2019 exam eligibility criteria are as follows:
- There is no particular age limit defined for the students to apply for CEED 2019.
- Candidates should have passed a degree/diploma/post graduate degree or appearing in the final year of such programs by July 2019.
- Or candidates should have finished the GD Arts diploma course/program (10+5) level by the end of July 2017.
CEED 2019 Important Dates:
- Online Registration starts with normal fee – 9 October to10 November 2017
- Online Registration with late fee –11 November to 17 November 2017
- Admit Card downloading process starts – 25 December 2017 onwards
- Final date for error corrections in Admit Card –5 January 2019
- CEED 2019 exam date–20 January 2019
- Answer Key for Part A releases –27 January 2019
- Final date for sending comments about draft of Answer Key for Part A –31 January 2019
- Final Answer Key for Part A releases – 4 February 2019
- Result Declaration – 5 March 2019
- Availability of Score Cards –5 March 2019
CEED 2019 Application Form: In order to fill CEED 2019 Application Form, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, you have to register for CEED 2019 from the office of the exam.
- Create your registration ID by providing your essential details like name, mobile number, email ID, date of birth.
- After providing the details, you will receive an email/SMS on your registered email ID regarding your application number and password.
- Once registration completes, then again you have to visit the official website of the exam and open a form by entering the application number and password.
- Fill the necessary details like Parents name, Correspondence Address, Birth Category, Nationality, Gender, Alternate email ID, alternate mobile number.
- Select the examination center by choosing three preferences.
- Provide details regarding your educational qualifications.
- Now upload important documents that includes your recent color photograph, scanned copy of your signature, qualifying examination certificate, proof of date of birth, category certificate, if required, and disability certificate.
- Now pay CEED 2019 exam fee through online mode.
- For all women candidates – Rs 1100 + GST
- For SC/ST/PWD – Rs 1100 + GST
- For all other candidates – Rs 2200 +GST
- CEED 2019 Application fees is non-refundable and re-transferable.
- The application fee is to be paid through online mode via Debit/Credit Card and net banking.
- The last date of normal registration fee submission is 10 November,2017.
- However, candidates could submit the Application fee post last date with late fee of 500 +GST.
- As per the notification, list of CEED 2019 exam will be conducted in the following cities:
- Delhi, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Guwahati, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata Jaipur, Mumbai, Lucknow, Patna, Nagpur, Raipur, Pune, Thrissur, Thiruvananthapuram, Vishakhapatnam.
- Candidates should mandatory choose 3 cities as the preference at the time of registration process.
- After the completion of registration, any changes in the cities will not be entertained.
Here we provide the details regarding CEED 2019 exam pattern:
- The time duration of CEED 2019 exam is 3 hours.
- Test paper of CEED 2019 comprises of 80 questions.
- Total marks of CEED 2019 question paper is 300 marks.
- CEED 2019 is a computer-based test and it is divided into 3 sectionsNumerical Answer Type Questions, Multiple Select Questions, Multiple Choice Questions.
- Numerical Answer Type Questions: In this section, for every correct answer, candidates will get 4 marks. No marks will be deducted for the wrong answer.
- Multiple Select Questions: In this section, you have to choose one out of 4 options as your answer. For every correct answer, candidates will be awarded 4 marks and no marks will be deducted for the wrong answer. Zero marks will be given to the questions which are not attempted.
- Multiple Choice Questions: In this section, each question comprises of 4 options out of which candidates have to choose a correct answer. For every correct answer, candidates will be given 3 marks, while one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.Zero marks will be given for the questions which are not attempted.
CEED 2019 syllabus is divided into six topics which are mentioned below:
- Visualization and spatial ability: Pictorial and dramatic questions, manipulation of 2D and 3D objects and their relationships, mechanical and scientific concepts.
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning: Ability to interpret given information logically and choose the correct solutions. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
- Language and Creativity:Reading comprehension, sentence structure, use of tenses, articles, verb patterns, articles, active and passive constructions, and vocabulary skills.
- Design Thinking and Problem Solving:Ability to understand the context, users and the constraints and select the most appropriate solution for a given design problem.
- Environmental and Social Awareness:General knowledge and awareness related to population, climate, vegetation, water, pollution, natural resources, weather etc. Awareness of social, designing terminologies and cultural connection with design. History of sculpture, art and literature.
- Observation and Design Sensitivity: Ability to observe concealed properties in day to day life and think critically about them. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.