Interested in doing the BHM course in Kerala? Looking for BHM Colleges in Kerala? This article comprises the list of BHM Colleges in Kerala, basic admission process, eligibility criteria and fee structure. Read the complete information below.
BHM Colleges In Kerala List 2019
We have provided the table along with the link through which candidates can visit the official website of particular BHM colleges in Kerala college.
|College Name||Get Detailed Fee|
|UEI Global, Trivandrum||Click Here|
|Oriental School of Hotel Management, Wayanad||Click Here|
|Lourdes Matha Institute Of Hotel Management And Catering Technology, Thiruvananthapuram||Click Here|
|ST. Joseph’s Institute Of Hotel Management & Catering Technology Palai, Kottayam||Click Here|
BHM Colleges In Kerala Admission
- The admission in BHM colleges in Kerala is done on the basis of merit in qualifying examination.
- Candidates can apply in the month of May to June.
- Some colleges also conduct their own entrance examination to select cream candidates.
- 12th passed out from a recognized board.
- Students from any discipline can apply.
BHM Course In Kerala
BHM course is 3 to 4 years study program which trains students to work in hotel administration, hospital, airline, cruise line and MNC’s like food service, food preparation, marketing etc. The course prepares the students to meet the industrial requirement of this stream so that they can appear as great leaders and managers. The course develops skills related to food and beverages, front office operations and housekeeping operations. There are four core subjects in hotel management are:
- Food and Beverage Production
- Food and Beverage Service
- Front Office
- Non-Core subjects like Indian Constitutions, Hospitality Communication, Environment and Public Health etc
Some institute also provides value-added certificate programs to add maximum benefits to the degree.
BHM Colleges In Kerala Fees Structure
The fees of BHM colleges in Kerala vary on the basis of whether the college is private or government. Also, the fee depends on the ranking of the college. The basic tuition fee in government colleges is 1 lakh (total) while tuition fee of private institute if 2 to 5 lakh (total). Admission is taken through management quota the fees go up to 10 lakh. There is an extra fee for hostel, transportation and security fee which is non-refundable.
BHM Colleges In Kerala Placement
Kerala is the center of tourism and is of many hotel and spa industry. After doing BHM from colleges in Kerala candidates can get many job opportunities to work on different designations like:
- Front Office Manager
- Food and Beverages Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Flight Attendant /Steward
- Housekeeping Manager
Some Top Recruiters Are:
- Marriott Hotels India Pvt. Ltd
- Accor Hotels and Resorts
- The Oberoi Group
- Indian Hotels Company Ltd
- Starwood Hotels and Resorts Ltd.
- Intercontinental Hotel Group
Graduates will get a starting salary up to 20k to 35k per month.
BHM Colleges In Kerala Syllabus
BHM Colleges in Kerala follow the curriculum given below. It includes the following subjects.
- Food Production Foundation
- Food and Beverage Service
- Food Safety and Hygiene
- General English
- Application to Computers
- Hotel Accounting
- Hotel House Keeping
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Food Production Operation
- House Keeping Operations
- Front Office Operations
- Hotel Costing and Management Accounting
- Financial management
- Travel and Tourism Management
- Principles of Management
- Managerial Economics