Hi readers! we bring this new article for you on Biomedical Engineering Scope. By this, Course You will get to learn about biomedical electronics, quantitive and analytical skills. Other things include the study of medical data including imaging and enhancement techniques.
Biomedical Engineering Scope In India
Biomedical engineering is high in demand. This is because technology and medicine are coming together. Another reason is the growing health awareness in India. This leads it to as a most opted career after 12th. Biomedical engineers are now collaborating with doctors and researchers to upgrade medical system, equipment, and devices that can solve clinic and health issues.
According to the reports, there will be many demands for biomedical engineers and it is predicted to rise from 2019 to 2024. Today, people are facing problems related to knees, heart, hips, etc. Due to this people are going for replacement procedures. New tests are conducted to develop technology and to control infectious diseases. The engineers involved in designing and upgrading devices like pacemakers, defibrillators, artificial kidneys, blood oxygenators, prosthetic hearts, etc.
With such learnt technology, an engineer can earn up to 3 lakh P/A even 1 to 2 lakh per month. There are many job profiles in which you can work after doing the course. Some job profiles are as follows :
- Manufacturing Engineer
- software Engineer
- Quality Engineer
Biomedical Course Details?
It is a course that includes the study of tissue engineering, a molecular level biology/physiology and mathematics. This stream is the application of the principles and problem-solving techniques of medicines and other biological aspects. It focuses on the human health and possibilities of curing certain diseases. All these are done through technology Offcourse! and that you will learn during your course.
Now you need to understand it is a vast stream. It is not just limited to only one subject. You can pic any specialization of your choice. While selecting your specialization to make sure you have an interest. Look for job possibilities in that area and apply accordingly. Some common Biomedical engineering fields are:
- Bioinstrumentation – It deals with developing an designing of materials that helps in diagnosing and treating diseases.
- Biomaterials – Biomaterials professionals design and develop materials that are used in the human body for certain diseases.
- Biomechanics –Biomedical engineers who are specialized in biomechanics require dealing with body movements. It is a science which makes body products that help in organ functioning. Artificial heart valves and joint replacements are the best examples in biomechanics.
- Clinical Engineering –Clinical engineers work with physicians, nurses and other medical experts for implementation and operation of the clinical technologies. They take care of the medical products in hospitals and healthcare machines.
- Cellular, Tissue and Genetic Engineering – This type of engineering works in-depth to find out the solution of bigger medical problems. The engineers work on cellular activities to understand the progression of diseases. It finds out a way to cure diseases in high tech manner.
- Medical Imaging – The medical imaging deals with designing and developing devices that help in examining the human inside the body. This helps in quick diagnosing a problem related to the ceratin organ.
Subjects in Biomedical Engineering
Once you get admission for biomedical engineering, then you have to study a few subjects. Subjects are divided into semesters. In this section, we have listed some general subjects that you will be studying. Through the list, you can take the academic idea pf what you will be learning.
- Biofluid Mechanics
- Biomedical Image Processing
- ‘Biomedical Nanotechnology
- Computational neuroscience
- Medical bioinformatics and telemedicine
- Methods for medical diagnostic
- Principles of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Equipment
- Tissue Engineering
Top Institutes of Biomedical Engineering
After knowing a little about the sector, it is time to know about some top institutes that are offering this course. The list is as follows:
|College Name||Fees (Approx.)||Get Detail Fees|
|Uttaranchal (PG) College of Technology & Biomedical Sciences, Dehradun||60000-70000||Click Here|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi||30000-100000||Click Here|
|Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal||150000-320000||Click Here|
|Shobhit University, Meerut||70000-150000||Click Here|
|Netaji Subash Engineering College, Kolkata||85000-100000||Click Here|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai||20000-40000||Click Here|
|Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore||100000-200000||Click Here|
|Integral University, Lucknow||100000-110000||Click Here|
|Amity University, Gurgaon||200000-250000||Click Here|
|Bundelkhand University, Jhansi||50000-80000||Click Here|
Skills required to Pursue
As you know that this is a rare combination of healthcare and technology that deals with the engineering process to create some new technology. As you are looking for biomedical engineering then you must carry skills like careful measurement, analytical skills, a sharp eye for designs and finishing. Some good communication skills and the ability to make a patient understand regarding machine functioning.
- For UG – You must be 12th passed our form a recognized board having PCMB subjects.
- For PG– if you are planning masters then you should have a bachelors degree or equivalent in biomedical or medical electronics or electronics and communication or electronics and telecommunications or instrumentation engineering.