B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering offers firm career opportunities. This field is growing every day and coming up with new inventions. This stream offers various specializations that deal with the production of hydrocarbons. This course includes a detailed understanding of the physical properties of oil, gas and water. It also includes the study of extracting crude oils. If you are also looking forward to taking admission in this course then this article will help you in choosing B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering Colleges in Dehradun. We have given details about engineering colleges in Dehradun that offers B.Tech in petroleum, their admission process and placement criteria. Read our complete blog and get detail information.
List of Top B.Tech In Petroleum Engineering Colleges 2019
|College Name||Get Detailed Fee||Affiliation||Address|
|Uttaranchal University (UU), Dehradun||Click Here||University Grants Commission||Arcadia Grant, PO-Chandanwari, Premnagar, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India- 248007|
|Quantum University, Dehradun||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)||22km Mile Stone, Mandawar, Roorkee- D.Dun Highway (NH-73), Roorkee – 247 167, Uttarakhand) INDIA|
|Graphic Era University (GEU), Dehradun||Click Here||University Grants Commission||566/6, Bell Road, Clement Town, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India- 248002|
|University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun||Click Here||University Grants Commission||P.O. Bidholi Via-Prem Nagar, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India- 248007|
|DIT University, Dehradun||Click Here||University Grants Commission||Mussoorie-Diversion Road, Village Makkawala, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India- 248009|
|School of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)||P.O. Bidholi Via-Prem Nagar, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India- 248007|
|Quantum School of Technology (QST), Dehradun||Click Here||Uttarakhand Technical University||Mandawar (22 Km milestone) Roorkee – Dehradun Highway (NH 73) Roorkee, Uttarakhand|
|School of Engineering, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies||Click Here||University Grants Commission||Bidholi, Via Prem Nagar, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248007|
|Roorkee College of Engineering||Click Here||Shri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University||5th Km. Roorkee-Haridwar Canal Road, Bajuheri Roorkee-247667|
|Glocal University Dehradun, Dehradun||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)||Parsvnath Eleganza Mall(Amity Complex),
Unit No- FF-A-3,
103, Rajpur Road
Uttarakhand – 248001
What Is B.Tech In Petroleum Engineering?
Petroleum Engineering is all about the technique extracting, processing and production of different types of Crude Oil. It further includes details related to refining and producing a pure form of petrol. The processing is not only limited to petrol but also of other products like plastic granules, gas, tar etc. The processing takes place by advanced devices so the course also includes details to deal with this sophisticated machinery. Students looking forward to this course in Uttarakhand state they can go through the list of B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering Colleges in Dehradun mentioned with links in this article.
B.Tech In Petroleum Engineering Colleges In Dehradun Admission Process
- Admission process of B.Tech in petroleum engineering colleges Dehradun begins in the month of June till July.
- Applicants must have secured minimum of 50 % to 60 % marks in the qualifying examination.
- Generally, the admission is done by three methods:
- Direct admission i.e. on the merit in the qualifying examination.
- Direct admission of diploma holders.
- JEE main 2019/UPES entrance examination.
- It depends on the university/college to grant direct admission (on the basis of qualifying examination) or admission based on the entrance examination.
Steps Involve For Admission B.Tech In Petroleum Engineering Course
- UPES or JEE main valid score followed by counselling.
- On the basis of merit up to 80 % in the qualifying examination.
- Counselling process.
Note – Candidates can apply by visiting a particular college website. They can find all the information along with courses details and specification. It is advised to register before the deadline of the application form. The registration fee once paid will not be refunded.
* B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering Colleges in Dehradun which conducts their own entrance examination, their admit card will be available online on the official website or some college sends hall ticket at candidate’s address.
B.Tech In Petroleum Engineering Colleges In Dehradun Fees Structure
The fees structure of B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering Colleges in Dehradun depends on the specialization one is opting. The fee of government and private college is different as per facilities provided by the institution. Petroleum Engineering B.tech course fees start from INR 3 lakh and go till 4 lakh (vary college to college). Whereas M.Tech course fee starts from INR 7 lakh and goes till 10 lakh P/A (very college to college).Many colleges offer loan and scholarship facilities that are mentioned in the college prospectus or at the time of admission.
About The Course
B.Tech in petroleum engineering includes various methods of extracting crude in the form of mining, drilling etc. The students who have opted for B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering will learn all the innovative methods of extracting hydrocarbon i.e. natural gas or crude oil. B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering Colleges in Dehradun offers two major specializations under petroleum engineering:
- Petroleum Up Stream Engineering – Deals in the study of exploration and production of oil and gas
- Petroleum downstream Engineering – Deals with the extraction of crude oil, natural gas. It also includes the study of production and cost estimating, budgeting etc.
Others than these the course include reservoir engineering, drilling engineering and production engineering. It is always advised to pick up the best Petroleum Engineering Colleges to study as good colleges always help in making a film career. To overcome the confusion of the students, we have lined up a list of B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering Colleges in Dehradun. One can go through the list and select accordingly.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission B.Tech In Petroleum Engineering Colleges in Dehradun
- Must PCM as the subjects.
- Must have secured minimum 60 % marks in 10th and 12th.
- Must have scored minimum 60 % marks in PCM subjects and 55 % for SC/ST.
- Applicants must have English as one of a subject.
- Applicants must have valid score JEE Main or other entrance exam conducted by the university.
- Must have scored a maximum 80 % marks in 10+2 for qualifying merit.
- Admission for PG course like M.Tech is on the basis of valid score of GATE followed by the interview.
- There also will be counselling round in which all the documents will be checked for admission.
Placement In B.Tech In Petroleum Engineering Colleges In Dehradun
According to our stats, the placement of B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering Colleges in Dehradun ranges from INR 4.5 lakh to INR 15 lakh P/A. This field is high in demand and offers the best placement opportunities. Some top recruiters that conduct placement test in B.Tech Petroleum colleges are :
- Bharat Petroleum Co-operation Ltd (BPL)
- Hindustan Oil Exploration Company Ltd
- Essar Oil
- Gujarat Gas Co Ltd
Job Opportunities For B.Tech in Petroleum Engineers
After doing B.Tech in petroleum person can apply in any of the government or private refineries as an Engineer. A petroleum refinery like Reliance Refinery, Essar, Cochin Refinery looks for talented engineers and gives a decent job opportunity. One can also work in a consulting business which deals in oil, natural gas and petroleum resources. Since there is loads of scope in crude oil, one can also set their roots in Research and Development.
What are the posts after B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering?
After doing the course one can take any of the following designations:
- Petroleum Engineering
- Product Testing Engineering
- Exploration Engineering
- Marketing Head
- Refinery Manager
- Production Manager
- Transport and Storage Specialist
Additional Courses In B.Tech In Petroleum Engineering
Engineering is not limited to one B.Tech degree. The recruiters are looking for extra knowledge and capabilities which can be added by doing additional courses in Petroleum. A person can add value to his/her CV by pursuing courses like:
- Piping Engineering Course
- MBA in Industrial /management /production/logistic and much more.
The course in piping engineering is a short-term course of six months to one year. These courses can be done after doing B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering or after gaining experience in this field.
Petroleum Engineering Colleges, Dehradun provides the best platform to pursue B.Tech in the petroleum field. The colleges here not only give the holistic development but the tremendous job opportunities on a decent pay scale.