Cyber Security is one of the highly lucrative career options for individuals in India. With the increase in digitization, now every big IT companies like TCS, WIPRO, Infosys, and Cognizant etc. are looking for a number of Cybersecurity experts and professionals. Today every individual is aware of cybersecurity, still, for clarification, it is necessary to know the exact meaning of this word. By this blog, we provide detailed information about Cyber Security courses in India and list of top colleges offering this course.
What is Cyber Security
Cyber Security is the protection of valuable data and other essential information from the outside world or attackers like hackers. It has now turned into a big thing for a government as well as private organizations. Today National Security and business deals also depend on cybersecurity.
What is Cyber Security Course?
In the current scenario getting a degree in the desired course is not full prove option of best career. Students need to understand changing market scenario in the desired sector they have chosen. Cyber Security in India is still one of the most job-producing sectors. There is an acute shortage of cybersecurity expert in the World. Increasing dependency on the internet for almost all the things is creating a threatening environment for the world.
As the name indicates Cybersecurity is basically a protection of programs, networks & data from the unauthorized access. As the digital transaction & communication growing there is an immediate requirement for cybersecurity experts. There is no doubt that the students who are going to choose Cyber Security course, will have excellent chance to get best job opportunities in Govt & Private Sector. Students with 10+2 with science stream can choose degree, diploma & certificate courses, to get excellent job prospects in coming years.
List of Cyber Security Course in India 2018
Cyber Security course specifically designed to impart in-depth knowledge and methodology that should be put in practice to ensure data, network & program security. Cyber Security courses in India are getting a lot of attention from the students nowadays. Students who aspire to want to make a career in Cyber Security should have the science background. Now there are multiple courses available after 12th science stream, which can be joined along with B tech & BCA.
Students who look forward doing B tech in CSE then you can choose the integrated course with cybersecurity. You can also choose cybersecurity course while doing the BCA course after 12th. Apart from degree course, Cyber Security can also be done by choosing the diploma courses. Diploma course duration is 15-18 months. In order to help our readers in getting complete information about the course in India.
Here we provide the complete list of cyber security courses in India 2018.
- Bachelor of Science in IT Management and Cyber Security
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security
- BCA (Hons.) in Cyber Security
- Certified Cyber Expert and Investigator
- B.Tech (Hons.) in Computer Science and Engineering with Specialization in Cyber Security in Collaboration with Quick Heal
- B.E. in Information Security in Collaboration with IBM
- B.Tech in CSE with specialization in Cyber Security and Forensics in association with IBM
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering with Specialization in Information Security Certified Cyber Expert and Investigator
- Professional Diploma in Cyber Investigations and Laws
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (Network and Cyber Security)
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering with Specialization in Cyber Security
- CISA (Certified Information System Auditor)
- CISM (Certified Information Security Management)
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professionals)
- CCSP (Cisco Certified Security Professional)
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
Cyber Security Course Eligibility
To become a qualified Cyber Expert, you have to first clear the following mentioned basic qualifications:
- Must your 10+2 with good marks in any discipline including Computer Science as a compulsory subject.
- Graduation: Although, you can graduate from any stream Software Engineers will always give preference over others. You can also go with a degree in Cyber Security.
- Certification: It is also recommended to do various certification programs in Cyber Security.
List Of Cyber Security Colleges in India 2018
Following is the list of some known Colleges/Universities, who are conducting Cyber Security courses in India:
- Chandigarh University
- Hindustan University Chennai
- Graphic Era University, Dehradun
- The Northcap University, Gurgaon
- ITM, Raipur
- Pristine Info Solutions, Mumbai
- M.S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences
- SJES College of Management Studies, Bangalore
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Faridabad
- RIMT University, Punjab
Scope of Cyber Security in India
In recent years, it has been seen that the demand for Cyber Experts has suddenly increased. The main job of Cyber Security professionals is to protect data and systems that are connected to the internet. Hackers or cybercriminals attack systems with various lethal viruses which might delete your complete system or steal some important information from it. Cyber expert thinks like a hacker and finds out the shortcomings in the system before it is affected by hackers.
Cyber Security Jobs In India
Once you are successfully qualified in Cyber Security, you can start your career with a number of interesting profiles. Some of them are:
Executive Manager (Information Security)
In this profile, your job to manage and correlate wide security guidelines of the company with security operations.
Mid-Level Manager (Information Security)
This is an upper-level position where you have to manage the security programs of the organization. You are responsible for data security, business continuity, disaster recovery, policy maintenance etc.
Chief Manager (Information Security)
This is the senior most level in Cyber Security. Your responsibility is to design and development of Cyber Security policy of the organization, information security governance, and regulatory compliance.
As a Cyber Security Advisor, your role is to give expert advisory services of Information security to organizations. Besides this, you have to design the cyber policy, risk assessment as per the global standard.
Skills required to become a Cyber Security Expert
There are some key skills required to become a Cyber Security Expert, which are as follows:
- Excellent IT skills along with sound knowledge of software, hardware, and networking.
- Attentive to listen.
- Ability to solve logical and reasoning queries
- Love to face challenges.Deep understanding of the cyber world.
- Quick learner
Monthly Income of Cyber Security Expert
- The average salary of freshers in Cyber Security field ranges between Rs 3 to 5 lakh, which will further increase with experience.
- Those, who have Cyber Security degree with at least 5 years of experience can earn from Rs 10 to 15 lakh per annum.
- Certification Holders in Cyber Security can expect Rs 12 lakh per annum from abroad.
- The median salary for Information Security Analyst in India is Rs 15 lakh annually.