Dehradun is a growing city in terms of education. It has world-class schools and colleges that are a live example of excellence in education. In the past few years, the city has developed a lot in providing medical education. Many medical colleges have come up that are offering many professional medical courses. Not only is this, but the medical colleges of Dehradun also are fully equipped and gives decent learning exposure. So if you are seeking Dehradun Medical Colleges for MBBS Medical Degree has never been easy and if you are planning for a medical course then you have to be hardworking. In this article of ours, we have mentioned each and every aspect of medical course from best MBBS College in Dehradun to what is MBBS course all about and what are the jobs perspective after doing MBBS.
List of MBBS Colleges In Dehradun 2018-19
To take admission, students can easily go through the list of MBBS College in Dehradun. The list of medical college as follows:
|Serial No.||College Name||Affiliation||Contact No||Courses & Fees Detail|
|1.||University Grants Commission (UGC)||8194009631||Click Here|
|2.||HNB Garhwal University||0135-2522110||Click Here|
|3.||Swami Rama Himalayan University||8194009632||Click Here|
|4.||HNB Uttarakhand Medical Education University, Dehradun||0135-2726020||Click Here|
|5.||University Grants Commission (UGC)||0135-2723321||Click Here|
|6.||Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University, Dehradun||0135-2771925||Click Here|
|7.||University Grants Commission (UGC)||135-2685138||Click Here|
|8.||Uttaranchal Ayurvedic College||HNB Garhwal University||08476004765||Click Here|
|9.||Uttarakhand Technical University & HNB Garhwal University, Srinagar||08126266666||Click Here|
|10.||HNB Garhwal University, Srinagar||0135-2720894||Click Here|
|11.||HNB Garhwal University and Uttarakhand Technical University||0135-2774061, 9719460485||Click Here|
|12.||HNB Garhwal Central University, Srinagar, Garhwal (Uttarakhand)||09927800045||Click Here|
|13.||HNB Garhwal University and Sri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University||08193936666||Click Here|
|14.||Uttarakhand Technical University and HNB Garhwal University, Srinagar||0135- 2685753||Click Here|
|15.||Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University||0135-2657673||Click Here|
|16.||Swami Rama Himalayan University, Dehradun||0135-2471135||Click Here|
|17.||HNB Garhwal University, Pauri Garhwal and Hemwati Nandan Medical Education University||0135-2522307, 2522308||Click Here|
|18.||UIHMT College of Biomedical Science and Technology, Dehradun||Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University, Dehradun||09012490007||Click Here|
|19.||Hemwati Nandan Garhwal University, Pauri Garhwal||0135-2522110||Click Here|
|20.||Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University||University Grants Commission (UGC)||0135-2723321||Click Here|
|21.||Beehive College of Advance Studies, Dehradun||Uttarakhand Technical University & Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University||08126266666||Click Here|
|22.||Doon (PG) Paramedical College & Hospital, Dehradun||Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Srinagar||9837008360||Click Here|
|23.||UGC Recognized||0135 – 2743300||Click Here|
The above list will contain private as well as government MBBS colleges approved by Medical Council of India (MCI). The major factors which play an important role in providing the rating to colleges are academic excellence, college affiliation, approval, facilities, faculty ratio and student’s review for colleges.
Dehradun Medical Colleges For MBBS Admission Process
- Admission in Dehradun Medical Colleges to MBBS course will be done on the basis of NEET 2019.
- Admission will be given to those students who will meet the eligibility criteria mentioned under admission guidelines.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 from recognized board.
- Should have PCB and English as the subjects.
- Candidates must have scored minimum 50 % marks.
- Colleges have reserved seats as well i.e. 40 % for SC/ST candidates and 45 % in-case for OBC candidates. This reservation depends on college to college.
- One must be 17 years of age or above as on 31st December 2018.
- To apply candidates can go through the official website or contact the admission authority of the college.
Documents Required For Admission In Dehradun Medical Colleges For MBBS
- Mark sheet of qualifying examinations.
- DOB certificate
- Transfer/Migration certificate
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Affidavit (for a gap if any)
- Passport size photograph.
- Other documents as per university /college norms
Eligibility Criteria of MBBS Course
- 60 % marks in 10+2 with PCB subjects.
- Candidates must have at least 140/200 in PCB.
- A valid score in NEET UG.
- Admission will be followed by interview and counselling.
Dehradun Medical Colleges For MBBS Fees Structure
The fees for MBBS course in Dehradun medical colleges depends on college to college whether private or government. The fees of Government College is approx INR 35,000 P/A and private colleges start from INR 2 lakh P/A. Students must check the fees structure of a colleges and fees policy before making any kind of fees payment. The modes of payment are generally mentioned in the brochure of the college.
About MBBS Course
The MBBS is an undergraduate program of 5.5 years of duration. This course is done after 12th where students are given live exposure to practice medicine in the form of an internship. The course is managed by the Medical Council of India which approves most of the medical colleges in India. In India, MBBS is one of the most chosen course due to which we have seen that students are confused about choosing the right medical college. Students must consider the following points while choosing Dehradun Medical Colleges for MBBS:
- College a proximity
- Does college have hostel facility?
- How is the faculty and learning experience?
- Does college provide any practical exposure?
- What is the approval of the college? Is it approved by MCI or any other organization?
- How is the placement of a college?
- What is the fees structure?
The MBBS course carries basic disciplines like physiology, biochemistry, microbiology, anatomy, pharmacology and pathology. This course is of longer duration of about 5 and the half years where students are trained fully to practice medicine. This course requires a lot of hard working and deep study because it demands sensitivity and expertise in various sub-disciplines. If a student is looking forward to MBBS he/she must fulfil the admission criteria and must possess academic excellence.
Dehradun Medical Colleges Syllabus for MBBS Course
MBBS is divided into 9 semesters with mandatory internship of one year. The syllabus is divided into Pre-clinical, Para-Clinical and clinical phase. The syllabus for MBBS courses is as follows:
Pre Clinical Phase
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Clinical Posting in wards and OPDS
- Community Medicine
- Medicine and Allied Subject (Psychiatry, Dermatology ), Obst.,Gynae, Pediatrics
- Surgery and Allied Subjects (anesthesiology, ENT, Opthalmology, orthopaedics)
- Clinical postings
Placement In Dehradun Medical Colleges For MBBS
After doing MBBS a person can earn up to INR 20k to INR 35K initially. After getting an experience of years, one can reach to INR 8 lakh to INR 10 lakh P/A. The earning in this field depends on:
- Type of organization you are placed in
- Your skills set
- Type of college you have done your MBBS
Some top recruiting Medical companies are:
- Max health
- Dr Lal Pathology Labs
- Wockhardt Hospital
- Care Hospitals