Are you planning for higher education from Dehradun? Are you seeking government colleges in Dehradun? Then we are here to guide you. In this article, we have mentioned the list of Government colleges Dehradun, their admission procedure, placements status, fess structure and much more. Read the complete article below.
The government colleges in Dehradun have the goodwill of disseminating quality education. Many colleges are approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), University Grants Commission (UGC) and Bar Council India (BCI). These institutions are offering a variety of courses in the stream of LAW, Engineering, Information Technology, Applied Sciences, Business Management, and many others. They have decent infrastructure and provide a proper learning environment. The fees of government colleges are nominal and offer good placements to its students.
For Admission Help Connect @09717134336
List Of Government Colleges in Dehradun 2019
To make search easy for you we listed government colleges of Dehradun with a link so that students can go through the colleges’ website and can select their college accordingly.
|D.A.V. Post Graduate College, Dehradun||DAV College Road, Karanpur, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001||Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University|
|Doon University, Dehradun||Motharawala Road, Kedarpur, PO Ajabpur, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India- 248012||UGC|
|Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun||Post Office, Girls Polytechnic Campus, Chakrata Road, Chandanwadi, Sudhowala, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248007||UGC|
|Central Academy for State Forest Service, Dehradun||Chakarata Rd, Forest Research Institute, Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248006||UGC|
|Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun||Wildlife Institute Rd, Chandrabani, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248002||Saurashtra University, Rajkot|
|Uttaranchal Ayurvedic College, Dehradun||17, Old Mussoorie Road, Rajpur, Dehradun, Uttarakhand,(India)||Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University|
|Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University, Dehradun||Camp Office: 123, Ganga Vihar, Behind Roadways Workshop, Haridwar Road, Dehradun -248001||UGC|
|Government Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Dehradun||Patel Nagar, Saharanpur Road Dehradun, Uttrakhand-248001||Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun|
|Government Polytechnic, Sahiya||Village- Navy, Udpalta Road, PO. Sahiya, Dehradun Uttarakhand – 248196||Uttarakhand Board of Technical Education, Roorkee|
|Gayatri College of Biomedical Sciences, Dehradun||Ballupur Chowk, G.M.S. Road Dehradun, Uttarakhand||UGC|
Government Colleges in Dehradun Fee Structure 2019
The main advantage of taking admission in Government College is that their fees structure is nominal. The fee structure varies from course to course. The fee starts from 30K P/A and goes till 1 lac P/A(very college to college). In case a student withdraws his/her admission fee so in this case, some government colleges refund fees after deducting non-refundable admission fee of a particular amount. Some colleges also follow that if the admission is withdrawn after 30th June, the fee will not be refunded. It is suggested that students pay only when they are sure of taking admission to avoid any confusion and monetary loss.
Government Colleges In Dehradun Courses 2019
Government colleges offer many UG, PG and PhD level courses in the field of science, education, engineering, law, humanities, management, legal studies etc. The universities give students a choice to pick any course with specialization as per their interest. One can choose a course like B.B.A, BA, B.Tech, LLB etc.
Below is the list of few UG courses offered in government universities/colleges. These courses are taken after 10+2 and are offered in various disciplines. Students can seek for government colleges as per their course requirement.
- B.Pharma(Lateral Entry)
- B.com (Hons.)
- B.A. Journalism and Mass Communication
- Bachelors In Hotel Management
- Must have completed 12th from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 45% to 50% marks.
- The interview round will be conducted by a few universities before admission.
The list of PG courses is as follows. These PG courses are also offered in many disciplines so students can select their disciplines while going through the course section of the official website.
- Must have completed graduation in a relevant discipline from recognized university/institution.
- Must have secured minimum 50% marks and 45% for Sc/St category.
- Admission will be strictly on the basis merit of the entrance and the passing examination followed by counselling.
- For MBA –Candidates must have valid score of CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT.
- Candidates of final year can also apply.
Some institutions provide diploma/Diploma lateral entry programmes in engineering, pharmacy, hotel management and in many other streams. The lists of a few diploma courses are as follows:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Candidates must have scored 50 to 45 % marks in 10+2 with PCM as the subjects.
- Candidates who have passed 10th with two-year ITI Certificate will be given direct admission.
- The preference will be given to the candidates who have cleared Joint Engineering Examination Polytechnic (JEEP) or other eligibility tests.
Government Colleges in Dehradun Admission Procedure
- Admission in Government Colleges in Dehradun is done on the basis of merit.
- The registration process generally starts from May and goes till June.
- For admission to B.Tech course, the candidates must have valid score of JEE Main.
- For some undergraduate courses, the admissions will be done on the merit of the previously qualified exam.
- Some government universities conduct their own entrance examination.
- The selection for all the courses will be done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination as well as entrance exam followed by the interview and counselling (vary from course to course)
How to Apply?
After selecting your college and course students can apply through online or offline methods that depend on the colleges processing modes. Some colleges offer online registration, some offline by downloading the form from the official website and in some colleges application form need to be collected in person or from selected centres. Some modes to apply for government colleges in Dehradun are as follows:
Online Application Process-
- Candidates can visit the official website of the particular college.
- Sign up as a new student.
- Fill all the details and click on submit button.
- You will be redirected to the online registration page.
- Fill all the mandatory details.
- Pay application fee via online or direct deposit to mentioned college bank
- Payment can also be made through Credit/debit/internet banking.
- Take a print out of the filled application and keep it for further process.
Offline Application Process-
- Download the application form.
- Fill all the mandatory details.
- Submit the form with attached DD along with important documents to the respective college address.
Note – Registration process vary courses to course.
- A copy of 10th and 12th Mark sheets.
- Valid JEE Main score (for B.tech admission)
- A copy of a graduation mark sheet(if applying for PG)
- Affidavit for a gap (if any)
- A copy of Aadhaar Card
- Category certificate(if required)
- Domicile of Uttarakhand (for reserved seats)
- Other documents as per university guidelines
The government institutions of Dehradun offers quality placement and has a separate training and placement cell which is responsible for conducting many workshops, industrial visits and summer internship that prepares students for the professional world. The university has a good term with the top recruiters who visit campus every year. Some top-notch companies visited for placements are Infosys, Dell, Ashok Leyland, Tech Mahindra Ltd, Axis Bank and many more.