JOURNALISM COURSES AFTER 12TH 2019
Once you clear the 12th class exam, there are many directions in which students can make their career. One of the most proffered direction is Journalism. In this blog, we will tell you about the journalism courses after 12th.
What is Journalism?
Journalism is the art of collecting, creating & presenting information to masses with creativity. It is all about creative writing or speaking in the manner in which people can understand the subject & can make an opinion about it.
Scope Of Journalism After 12th
In this modern era, journalism has no boundaries of scope. Now news or information is being consumed from multiple sources i.e Radio, Electronic, social media, twitters, whats app etc. People want to hear & read what they like the most. So creating & delivering the relevant news or articles is the need of hours.
If you are creative, innovative & excellent in expressive then the scope of journalism after 12th is very wider for you. This profession can take you to greater heights.
Technology has opened up many mediums such as mobile, social media, blogs twits, youtube to hear & read about the subject. Now journalism is not limited to politics only as people want to read about many subjects & topics like food, travel, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and many more. So there is need of experts in each field who can detail the subject in a most creative & informative manner.
Journalism is no more limited to the print it has added a wider sense. Now film production, sports commentary, news anchoring, Radio commentaries come under the scope of journalism.
LIST OF JOURNALISM COURSES AFTER 12TH IN INDIA
Students can choose degree, diploma & certificate courses to become a journalist. As journalism is one the vast field, students can also choose specialized courses in print & TV journalism.
Journalism UG Courses In India After 12th
- B.A. (Hons) in Journalism
- B.A. in script writing
- Diploma in Development Journalism
- BA in Convergent Journalism
- B A in Journalism
- BA in Journalism and Communication Studies
- Diploma in Journalism
- B.Sc in Journalism
- Bachelor of Journalism (BJ)
Journalism PG Courses In India
- Post Graduate Diploma in English Journalism
- Post Graduate Diploma Print Journalism
- M.A – Journalism
- Post Graduate Program in Business Journalism
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marathi Journalism
- PG Diploma in Broadcast Journalism
- Post Graduate Diploma in Malayalam Journalism
- Post Graduate Diploma in Odia Journalism
- PGD in Journalism
- Post Graduate Diploma in Radio and TV Journalism
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Journalism
- Master of Philosophy in Journalism
- Post Graduate Diploma in Development Journalism and TV Production
- Post Graduate Diploma in Television Production & Journalism
- M.A in Broadcast Journalism
- Post Graduate in Digital Media & Online Journalism
- Post Graduate in Television And Radio Journalism
- Students who have done their 12th in any stream with minimum 50 % marks, can apply for a bachelor degree in Journalism.
- Apart from above criteria, students should have the excellent command of writing & spoken English.
If you aspire to get admission in top journalism college then you have to qualify the respective exams. Conducted by institutes & universities like Indian Institutes of Mass Communication (IIMC) conducts entrance to take give admission in journalism courses. Delhi University also conducts its entrance for mass media & journalism courses.
TOP JOURNALISM COLLEGES AFTER 12TH IN INDIA
If you aspire to become the best journalist in the country, you should try your best to join the top colleges. There is some renowned college which is world known for producing the best of a journalist in the country. Find below the top journalism colleges after 12th in India.
- Shobhit University, Meerut
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad
- Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University, Kota
- Dr Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore
- Editworks School of Mass Communication, Noida
- J.D.Women’s College
- Chitkara School of Mass Communication, Jhansala
- NIMS University, Jaipur
- Maharaja Agrasen University, Solan
- Kanhaiyalal Munshi Institute of Hindi Studies and Linguistics, Agra
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), New Delhi
- Christ University (CU), Bangalore
- Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Government Arts and Commerce College Indore
- St. Joseph’s Evening College, Bangalore
Admission Procedure In Journalism Courses After 12th
Taking admission in journalism courses after 12th, depends on what kind of colleges you want to choose for your studies. If you look forward to taking admission in top Journalism colleges in India, then you should clear the journalism entrance exams. These entrance exams are being conducted by central universities & top institutes.
There are lots of colleges which given direct admission to the journalism courses after 12th. One has to fulfill the eligibility criteria and apply for the desired courses.
Admission Procedure For UG Journalism Courses
- For taking admission in bachelor & diploma courses students should be 12th pass in any stream with minimum 50 % marks.
- Excellent command of English is a must.
- Students can apply online for the desired course in the selected college.
Admission Procedure For PG Journalism Courses
- To take admission in PG courses students should have the bachelor degree in the similar course stream
- minimum 50 % marks need in required courses.
Journalism Entrance Exam 2019 After 12th
Some of the most renowned journalism entrance exams are the following….
- Asian College of Journalism entrance exam
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication entrance exam
- International School of Business and Media entrance exam
- Jamia Milia Islamia entrance exam
- Manipal Institute of Communication entrance exam
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
- Xavier Institute of Communication entrance exam
- Mudra Institute of Communication entrance exam
- Andhra University Common Entrance Test
- Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP)
Journalism Job Profiles
As we have mentioned above, journalism is one the vast field. It offers many job profile to a person interested in making a career in this field. As your experience grows your profile grows in a similar manner. Journalism job profile is different in print & electronic media.
Journalism Job profiles in Print media
News Correspondent – News correspondent Job is to collect the most happing & impact full news of the day. They Need to compile and file it to the editor.
Associate Editor– Associate editor gives direction to its news correspondents on the story or news they want to cover. They also give direction that what elements news should have.
Sub Editor– Once the story is compiled by correspondents, sub-editor check that story have all necessary information & should not mislead the masses.
Editor– Editor is the senior most person of the edit team, the editor decides that which story will go with how many words,& on which page. The editor also decides the Top Headline of the newspaper.
Feature writer: Feature writers are the senior journalist, who writes the story after doing the in-depth study of the topic. They are the experts of doing in-depth post analysis of the news.
Columnist: As your experience grows you became experts in the certain category like politics, Business, corporate, sports, Foreign issue.So you start writing the columns on the different platform on specific topics
Blogger: These are also kind of journalist who writes blogs on their most interesting topic & stories.
Journalism Job Profiles In Electronic Media
News Correspondent– News correspondent job is similar to an electronic media too, they need to cover story from ground zero and report to the newsroom.
New Anchor: These people have the best communication skills to present the news in the most effective manner.
Production manager: Production manager decides how to use the technology of presenting the news to the viewer.
Sub Editor: Their job is similar to the print media, to understand the news importance.
Editor- Editor decides the Breaking News of the channel & which news to showcase in prime time.
Which Companies Hire After Journalism Courses?
- Digital Media Headhunters
- NDTV Network
- Sudarshan TV Channel Limited
- Hindustan Times Group of Publication
- Media Rep
- Zee TV Network
- Genesis Info-Media
- Business India Group
- Big Entertainment
Salary of Journalist
Salary of journalist completely depends on the experience you have in the related field. In print Fresher Students can get around 15-25k but as electronic media can pay you around 35-50 k. As your experience grows you can start getting around 1-2 lakh per month.