Uttrakhand State is getting popular for its law colleges and the quality education those colleges are disseminating. So, if you are planning for doing masters in Law and seeking LLM Colleges in Uttarakhand then this article will be helpful in sorting out your college. In this write up we have mentioned the list of all the LLM colleges of Uttarakhand and their admission criteria. We have also mentioned their fees structure and placement. Read the complete information below.
List of LLM Colleges in Uttrakhand
LLM Colleges of Uttrakhand are fully equipped with educational facilities. The colleges understand the requirement of the course and have moot courts, well-maintained library etc. Some institutes also organize guest lectures, seminars and projects in which certain cased studies are considered. Offering these activities will help the students in taking a specialization in a more reformed manner. Students can do their own research for LLM colleges by going through the list of colleges given below. They can check the course they are looking for and the education standard of each college.
Admission Process of LLM Colleges in Uttrakhand
Admission in LLB colleges in Uttrakhand is done on the basis of entrance test or marks secured in last qualifying examination.
- Final year students can also apply for entrance test for LLB admission.
- Some colleges also take direct admission followed by interview round.
- Admission is generally done on the basis of the score of entrance test
- Generally, the entrance test has 150 questions which can be in the form of MCQs or subjective or both.
- There may be negative marking which may vary college to college.
- The entrance may cover the following topic :
- Constitutional law
- Legal Awareness
- Current Affairs Legal Aptitude
Note: Some universities /colleges offer distance learning course for the candidates who are unable to take admission in regular course.
- Students have LLB/BL Degree /5 years LLB Degree under 10+2+5 from any recognized university.
- Must have secured minimum 50% marks.
About LLM Course
Masters in Law is 2-year postgraduate course in Law. Basically, this degree allows the law students to take a specialization in sub-disciplines. Candidates possessing LLB degree can apply for LLM. The course is formed to give an overview of trademarks and trademark law which allow graduates to practice in the countries around the world. This can be possible because course includes many international treaties conventions and agreements. The students will be further learn historical, philosophical, legal and even practical topic. The course is divided into 2 semesters with many subjects based on thesis and research. Some specializations for LLM are:
- Family Law
- Taxation Law
- Corporate Law
- Corporate Law and governance
- Human Rights
- Insurance Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Trade and Business Law
- Constitutional law
Syllabus of LLM Colleges in Uttrakhand
The syllabus of LLM is designed in such manner that covers every subject. However, the syllabus varies from university to university and specialization one has opted. Some common subjects are mentioned below which general syllabus of LLM.
- Law and social Transformation
- Legal Research and methodology
- Judicial Process
- Group 1 – Human Rights and Humanitarian Law
- Group 2- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Group 3- Intellectual Property Rights
- Group 4 – International Trade and Law
- Group 5 – Corporate Law
Fees Structure of LLM Colleges in Uttrakhand
- The fees of LLM colleges in Uttrakhand vary from college to college
- Fees once paid will not be refunded.
- The fee structure of private college is generally higher than government colleges.
- An average tuition fee of Govt. colleges is 40k P/A to 1 lakh P/A (vary according to course) on the other hand the average fee of private colleges starts from 1lakh P/A and goes still 3 lakh P/A.
- Some college/ University offer loan facility. They have tie up with particular bank through which students can apply loan on less interest rate.
Placement of LLM Colleges in Uttrakhand
LLM colleges in Uttarakhand have separate training and placement cell which is responsible for generating employment for law graduates. The universities/colleges have a tie up with respected law firms /organizations that visit campus to conduct their placement tests. An average salary package of a LLM graduate can be 12k to 30 k P/M initially. As the experience will grow the salary reach up to 50 to 1Lakh P/M.A pay package depends on the following factors:
- self aptitude
- Performance in the placement test
- Location of the job
Some top Law firms in India are:
- Amarchand and Mangaldas and Suresh A Shroff and Company
- Luthra and Luthra
- Khaitan and Co
- Fox Mandal
- Anand and Anand