PM Scholarship is initiative of the Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Ministry of Defence, Government of India. It has been introduced in the year 2006-07 with the aim to help the students to pursue their dreams. Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) was announced by the Hon’ble Prime Ministers of India. The scholarship is meant for the dependent wards and widows of Ex-Servicemen/Ex-Coast Guard personnel.
As per the Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi latest announcement, the scholarship will available for the wards of State Police officials, martyred during Naxal/terror attacks. In addition to this, PM Modi is offering a scholarship to 12th class students so that they can complete their education without facing any financial problem. The scholarship aims to support and encourage the professional and technical higher education among the students.
PM Scholarship 2017-18 Application Form/http www desw gov in scholarship
PM Scholarship 2018-19 application form can be filled via online mode. Check below the guidelines regarding the application process:
- Visit this link http://www.ksb.gov.in/
- Browse the PMSS and start filling the registration details.
- Students must read all the instructions carefully before filling the form.
- After filling the details, click on the submit button.
- Register yourself and get your email verified.
- Candidates can complete the verification process by clicking on the link received in registered email ID.
Step-3: Upload Documents & Submit Form
- After successful verification, Login your account.
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Complete the application.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme Important Dates
- Here, students can get details regarding the important dates of Prime Minister Scholarship scheme:
- Last date of application for ex-servicemen: 15th November 2019
- Application deadline for RPF/RPSF: 15th October 2019
- Last date of application for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles: 31st October 2019
- Deadline for renewal of application: throughout the year excluding January to April
Note: All the above dates are tentative. It may change on the orders of the scholarship provider.
Reward Of PM Scholarship:
- Selected Girls will get INR 3000/ per month and Boys will get INR 2500/.
- Those selected for PM Modi latest scholarship for class 10th and class 12th will get a cash prize of INR 25,000/-.
Eligibility Criteria for PM Scholarship 2017-18:
The eligibility conditions need to be fulfilled by the candidates to apply for PM Scholarship 2018-19 is as follows:
Eligibility for Class 12th Passed Students:
PM Modi has made the latest announcement in the year 2019 regarding the scholarship for class 10th and 12th students. Below are the eligibility conditions for PM scholarship scheme for 10th pass students:
- Wards of Ex-Servicemen/Widows of Ex. servicemen (Army, Navy, Coasts Guards, Air force and other military martyrs) are eligible to apply.
- A candidate must have passed class 10th/12th or diploma from a recognized educational board.
- The applicable age limit is 18 to 25 years.
- The eligible courses under this scheme are BE, B.Tech, BBA.BCA, BDS, MBBS, B.Ed, B.Pharma etc.
- Applicants must pursue a regular course from a recognized institution of India.
- The annual family income of the applicant must not exceed INR 6 lacs.
- Narendra Modi scholarship scheme for 12th students is available only after clearing entrance tests like NEST, AIYSEE, etc.
- This scholarship is open for the ward/widow of Ex-Coast Guard or Ex-Servicemen (ESM) personnel and wards of State Police officials were martyred during Naxal/terror attacks.
- The prerequisite qualification to apply for this scholarship is class 10th and 12th passed.
- It is necessary for the candidates to pass the qualifying examination with minimum 60% marks.
- Candidates must be pursuing the first year of the professional course (excluding lateral entry and integrated courses).
- Wards of civilians including paramilitary personnel are not eligible to apply.
Courses Eligible for Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme
Candidates who will be selected for the scholarship are eligible for pursuing the following courses:
|B.E./B.Tech, BHTM, BTTM, BHM, B.Plan, BAAC, BHMCT, BFA, B.Design, BPA, BVA in Visual Arts, BID, B.Arch, B.El.Ed.||4 years|
|BSc (Nautical Technology, Forestry & Agriculture, Crop Physiology) B.F.Sc., B.Sc.in CA & BM|
|BDS, B.Pharma, Ayurvedacharya, B.Sc. BPT, BPO (Prosthetics & Orthotics), B.Sc. MLT, BOT, B.Optometry, B.Sc. Nursing|
|MBA, MFT, MFM, MIB, MMS, Masters in HRD, Masters in Marketing Management, MSW, BEd, BPEd, BEd||2 years|
|BSc Marketing, B.Voc. (Food Processing), BSc (Food Processing Technology. Applied Life Sciences, BSc in Agri-Culture, Horticulture, Dairy Technology)||3 years|
|B.Sc HHA, BBA, BBS, BMS, BBM, BFT, BFD, B.Voc, B.Jd&M, BSc (Fashion/ Textile/ Apparel/ Designing), LLB, BSc (Software Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science, Cyber Forensic, Media Technology, Mass Media, Multimedia, Animation etc.), B.Stat(Statistics), BCA, BJMC||3 years|
|MBBS, BAMS, BUMS, BHMS, BSMS, BNYS, BVSc&AH||4.5 years|
|BSc (Rehabilitation Science, Operation theatre, Anaesthesia Technology, Physician Assistant, Medical, Bio-Medical, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Forensic Science, Public Health/ All nutrition programme, Medical Tech in Radiography, Speech & Hearing, Public Health/ All nutrition programme, Ophthalmic etc.), BASLP, GNM (General Nursing & Midwifery), BPES||3 years|
|BBA + MBA, BCA + MCA, BA + LLB, B.Sc. + LLB, B.Com + LLB, BA + Bed, BCom + Bed, BSc + Bed, BA + MBA, BCom + MBA, BSc + MBA, BSc (MLT) + MBA, BE + ME, BTech + MTech, BTech + LLB, BEd + MEd||5 Years|
Documents Required for PM Scholarship:
Candidates need to upload some necessary documents while applying for PM Scholarship 2019.
- Aadhar card of the applicant
- 10th class certificate
- Bonafide certificate duly filled and signed by the Principal/ Vice-Chancellor/ Dean/
- Registrar/ Director/ Vice Principal/ Associate Dean/ Dy Registrar/ Dy Director of the college/institute
- The first page of passbook
- 12th/graduation mark sheet (as applicable)
- Certificate of Ex-Servicemen/Ex-Coast Guard
documents details (Category-wise):
- Category- A: Wards and widows of CAPFs & AR personnel killed in action.
- Category-B: Wards of ex-CAPFs & AR personnel disabled in action.
- Category-C: Wards/Widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel died in casualties during the conduct of the action.
- Category-D: Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel died during service.
- Category-E: Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel receive Gallantry Awards
- Category-F: Wards of Ex- CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR)
- Category-G: Wards of serving CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR) falls under this category
PM Scholarship Scheme Selection Procedure:
- Candidates who are wards and widows of ex-servicemen, coast guard, CAPFs & AR personnel killed in action will be preferred first.
- Candidates who are the wards of ex-servicemen, coast guard, ex-CAPFs & AR personnel disabled in action come in second preference.
- Third preference will be provided to the wards/Widows of deceased ex-servicemen, coast guard, CAPFs & AR personnel died in casualties during the conduct of the action.
- Wards of ex-servicemen, coast guard, Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel died during service will be preferred next.
- Thereafter, Wards of ex-servicemen, coast guard, Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel receive Gallantry Awards will get preference.
- Candidates who are wards of ex-servicemen, coast guard, Ex- CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR) will be preferred second last.
- Last preference will be provided to the wards of serving ex-servicemen, coast guard, CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR).
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme Renewal Process:
Eligible candidates can apply for renewal after completion of each academic year of the course. Hence, only those candidates having minimum 50% marks in each semester or academic year can apply for the renewal of the scholarship.
Question-1: Is there any offline mode to apply for PM Scholarship?
Answer-1: No. There is only online to apply for this scholarship.
Question-2: Can I avail PM Scholarship for pursuing studies abroad?
Answer-2: PM Scholarship is offered for pursuing studies in India only.
Question-3: I am the recipient of some other scholarship. May I eligible to apply for PM Scholarship?
Question-4: I am the ward of Para-military personnel. Can I apply for Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme?
Answer-4: No, the scholarship is only available for the wards and widows of Ex-servicemen served the Coastguards, Air Force, Army or Navy.
Question-5: Do I need to appear any exam for the selection of PM Scholarship?
Answer-5: No exam will be conducted for PM Scholarship. Candidates can get details about the selection criteria from the above section.
For more details regarding PM Scholarship 2018-19, students may visit the official link viz. http://www.ksb.gov.in