Single girl child scholarship is especially for those girl students who are single for their parents and belongs to an economically weaker class.
What Is Single Girl Child Scholarship?
In a democratic and developing country like India, we are still very behind many countries in the field of education especially when it comes to girls’ education. Every year a large number of female students drop out of schools, colleges, and universities. To make the situation better the Government of India has taken many steps one of them is single girl child scholarship which is provided especially for that girl who is the single child of their parents.
Register For Free Assistance Or Whatsapp @9667853261
As we all are aware that due to gender-based discriminations the level of education is still very poor in India, the number of girls is still very low against boys in some states. It is very important to educate girls in this new age of economic crisis, so, they don’t get dependent on anyone. The days of plenty and prosperity are gone now, today it’s very difficult for the middle-class people to bear the expenses in just husband’s salary. If a girl is educated she can support her husband financially after marriage. An educated woman can earn her living if some unfortunate things happen in the family. In such circumstances, education of women needs to be used and effective means for their empowerment and education will prepare them to have a control over their lives.
List Of Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme 2018
These Scholarships helps the single girl child who can have a promising and bright future with the financial help from govt. Here we are telling you about the Scholarship schemes which has been offering by govt. or any other govt. aided govt. bodies for meritorious single girls’ children.
CBSE board as known as Central Board of Secondary Education has announced a Merit Scholarship Scheme only for Single Girl Children. The main purpose of this scholarship scheme is to help meritorious girl students, who are the only child of their parents. The Scholarship Scheme is for only those students who have passed their 10th class examination from CBSE board with minimum or greater than 60% marks/ 6.2 CGPA /grades and studying in class 11th or 12th in same or any other CBSE recognized school. By offering this scholarship CBSE has aimed to acknowledge the efforts of meritorious girl students and encourage their parents’ to promote further education among girls.
Looking More Scholarships:
Who Is Eligible For CBSE Merit Scholarship For Single Girl Child
Any student who fulfills all the criteria mentioned below is eligible to apply for Scholarship scheme for CBSE Merit Scholarship for Single Girl Child
- Any single girl student who has passed the class 10th examination from CBSE recognized school.
- Any single girl who is the only child of her parents.
- All children born together are Single Girl Child of their parents.
- Any girl student who has secured minimum or greater than 60% marks/ 6.2 CGPA /grades in 10th class examination from CBSE board
- Any girls who are continuing her studies for Class 11th and 12th in the same or any other CBSE recognized school.
- The tuition fee of that school should not be more than Rs.1500 PM and the total increase should not be more than 10% of the total fee in tuition fee for the next two years.
- NRI applicants of the CBSE board, the tuition fee of the school should not be more than Rs.6000 PM.
CBSE Merit Single Girl Child Scholarship Reward
All the “Single Girl Students” who have secured minimum or greater than 60% or 6.2 CGPA / grades in the CBSE Class X exams, will receive the scholarship amount/ reward/ allowance as mentioned below:-
- Rs. 500/- per month for a maximum period of two years through demand drafts or ECS.
How To Apply For CBSE Merit Scholarship For Single Girl Child
After confirming about the above eligibility criteria a student can apply for the scholarship by following the steps given below
- Click here to apply in CBSE Scholarship.
- To apply you have to details mentioned in your class X grade sheet such as roll number, certificate number etc.
- After filling in the required details you may submit the form.
- The applicant also needs to print the Undertaking from the Guidelines Document.
The applicant required to fill in the details in undertaking from, paste photograph and get the form attested from the school.
- As per the given format in the Guidelines Documents applicant needs to make an Affidavit.
As a next step applicant has to scan Affidavit and Undertaking form and upload both the documents in the application.
- After clicking the Print Confirmation and entering the roll number and registration number the confirmation page would be generated.
- The duly filled and signed confirmation page has to be at the official address- Scholarship Unit, CBSE, Shiksha Kendra, 2 Community Centre, Delhi – 110092.
Mandatory Note or Policies
- Only original affidavit (No photocopy) duly attested by the SDM/ First Class Judicial Magistrate/Notary/Executive Magistrate in the format given on the CBSE website will be accepted.
- The application form should be attested from the principal of the school from where the student is studying after the passing class 10th exam.
- In the process to renew the scholarship the successful completion of class 11th is a must with an aggregate score of 50% or more.
- If a student wants to leave or change the chosen course or school before completion, the student has to take a prior approval from the CBSE board.
- The student has to be regular in attendance in the process to renew of scholarship.
- The student must write down the registration number in the process to upload the documents and for future communications.
- The decision of the Chairman of the Board will be final and binding.
- For any query or clarification student may write to email@example.com
Last Date To Apply – 15th October 2018.
Official site’s application Link
The Girl Child Scholarship Scheme has launched by Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF). G.C.S.S scholarship is yearly based for those girls who belongs to economically weaker category. Students Who are in between 2-10 class, can participate in this scholarship. Under the scholarship 300 needy girls will be chosen to provide the help of Rs. 5000/- each for their education for a full year. The successful students will be chosen from nominations received from schools in India. The nominated girl should have scored at least 60% aggregate marks in the previous class. The total monthly income of the nominated girl’s parents should be less than Rs.15000/-.
Students can participate till 31st Oct 2018 in this scholarship
For more information about SOF Scholarship Click Here
Adobe India Women in Technology Scholarship 2019 invites all the smart and intelligent candidates to apply for this scholarship. The scholarship is for all the female candidates of India who are completing their undergraduate course from a recognized university. The scholarship aims at bringing together some extraordinary minds and nurturing the creativity in technology. The application process has been started from 1st September 2018. The candidates can apply by Clicking on the Below link. The selected candidates will be offering a summer internship 2019 in Adobe and many more career opportunities. It is to be noted that candidates whose close relative working in Adobe are not eligible to apply.
Last Date – 30th September 2018.
Get More Details Click here
Savitribai Phule Scholarship for B.C. Girl, Maharashtra 2017-18 invites all the eligible girl candidates to apply for the scholarship. The scholarship is only for girl candidates from class 8th to 10. It is granted by Social Justice and Special Assistance Department, Government of Maharashtra. There is no family income limit under this scholarship. The main aim of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to the girl students who are not able to afford there education. The students can apply directly from their respective schools with valid documents.
Deadline to apply
The last date to apply for the scholarship is 31st December 2018.
For More Information Click here
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship
To promote education in girl child the Indian government has declared that to get an elementary education is a basic human right of every child whether it’s a girl or boy. The Union Government of India has also taken many steps to increase the ratio of education in every state by providing them with free education, especially for girls.
As a responsible education institution, University Grant Commission has launched a Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child in order to achieve and promote higher education in girls. The main purpose to launch this scholarship scheme is to support the higher education of single girl child and to promote the benefits of a small family. Especially those girls who are the only girl child in their family UGC aims to reduce the direct costs of girl education.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Reward or Amount
All the successful candidates will receive the scholarship amount/ reward/ allowance as mentioned below:-
- All the successful candidates will get a sum of Rs.36,200 per annum for a duration of two years that is a full duration of a Post-Graduation course.
- Any additional grants/ allowance/ charges such as hostel fee or medical fee etc. will not be payable under this scholarship scheme.
Who Is Eligible For Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship
Any student who fulfils all the criteria mentioned below is eligible to apply for Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship
- Any girl student who is only and single girl child of her family.
- Any girl student who doesn’t have any brother or has a twin sister is also eligible for this scholarship scheme.
- Any single girl student whose age is up to or less than 30 years at the time of admission in the first year of her PG course can only apply.
- Any single girl student who has taken admission in the first year of a regular or a full- time Masters’ Degree programme.
- Any single girl student who has taken admission in any university/ college/ institution recognized from UGC is eligible to apply.
How To Apply For Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship
After confirming about the above eligibility criteria a student can apply for the scholarship by following the steps given below
- The National Scholarship Portal will publish the advertisement for inviting applications in leading newspaper / Employment News and on UGC website once in a year.
- Any short notifications will also be uploaded on the UGC website.
- All the candidates fulfil the eligibility criteria of the scholarship scheme can apply online on the given official website below.
- The candidate has to upload some documents at the online portal of UGC at time of applying for this scholarship which will include-
- An affidavit on a stamp paper of Rs.50 and attested by the First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer/ SDM.
- Attested copy of joining report being allotted from the concerned College / University
Students should print and retain a copy of the application, to check results, award letter and stay updated with a progress report.
- The applicant can see the application status online at UGC website after registration gets completed.
- As per the instructions and guidelines provided by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India Aadhaar Card is mandatory for identification of the student.
- Once a student gets applied to the concerned institution where the student is studying have to verify the online application.
- Any application which will be found incomplete will be rejected immediately.
- Only those applications which are verified online will be considered for the scholarship award.
- The selection will be done by an expert committee.
- The number of scholarships is available in a year are 3000 which is limited and fixed.
- Every year 3 thousand fresh scholarships will be awarded to students.
- The successful candidate would be provided with the scholarship from the date of joining the course.
Mandatory Note & Policies
- The successful students can avail of other scholarship as well as this scholarship.
- No tuition fee will be charged by the institution from girl students who have taken admission in the first year of PG degree course.
- Students who have taken admission in any Post-Graduation Course through Distance learning mode shall not be eligible for this scholarship scheme.
- If the girl student has a real brother she will not be considered eligible for this scholarship under this scheme.
- All the successful students will get the scholarship amount through DBT mode (direct in a bank account) on annual basis.
- If a student wants to renew her scholarship for the second year, of course, good conduct and attendance are compulsory.
- If a student wants to renew her scholarship for the second year, of course, an annual progress report has to be granted by the administrative head of the concerned Institution
- If a student gets failed to get promoted to the next class the scholarship would forfeit.
- If a student changes the course of study, the scholarship would forfeit from the date of such a change.
- The Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme will be implemented and monitored by the UGC and the decision of UGC will be final and binding.
The last date to apply online for Scholarship for Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship is the fourth week of August 2018.