Petroleum Engineering is a field of engineering related to the activities in the production of hydrocarbon which can be crude oil and natural oil. Careers in petroleum engineering are taking place as this includes many important steps of processing/extracting oil. The extracting of different resources in the form of oil also affects the country‘s economy as this crude oil has international price depending on the country to country availability. In few years Petroleum Engineering courses are opted by the students and many Petroleum Engineering colleges in Dehradun are offering these courses with international learning exposure.
In this article of ours, we bring you details regarding Petroleum Engineering Colleges in Dehradun, their admission process, fees structure, employment possibilities, entrance exams details related to Petroleum Engineering and much more. Read the complete article and get all the information.
Dehradun Petroleum Colleges Fees
The fees of Dehradun Petroleum Colleges varies from courses to courses. The fees structure depends on the specialization one is opting. The fees of Petroleum Engineering Government and private college vary as per facilities availability. Petroleum Engineering B.tech courses fees start from INR 2 lakh and go till 4 lakh (vary college to college). Whereas M.Tech courses fees start from INR 3 lakh and goers till 7 lakh P/A (vary college to college).
|Quantum University||Dehradun||1,41,000 PA|
|University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES)||Dehradun||3,92,500 PA|
|Uttaranchal University||Dehradun||1,52,500 PA|
|DIT University||Dehradun||1,97,500 PA|
|Graphic Era University||Dehradun||2,33,800 PA|
|Roorkee College of Engineering||Roorkee||1,66,900 PA|
|School of Engineering, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies||Dehradun||3,92,500 PA|
|School of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies||Dehradun||3,92,500 PA|
|Quantum School of Technology||Dehradun||1,41,000 PA|
|Glocal University Dehradun||Dehradun||4,00,000 PA|
How To Get Admission In Petroleum Engineering Colleges In Dehradun
- Petroleum Engineering Colleges Dehradun admission process begins in the month of June till July.
- Admission will only be given to the candidates who meet eligibility criteria.
- Students must have secured a minimum of 50 % to 60 % marks in the qualifying examination.
- Generally, the admission is done by two methods:
- Direct admission i.e. on the merit in the qualifying examination.
- JEE main 2019/UPES entrance examination.
- It depends on the university/college to grant direct (on the basis of qualifying examination) admission or admission based on the entrance examination.
Steps Involve For Admission Petroleum Engineering Colleges In Dehradun
- Exam Pathway i.e. UPES or JEE main valid score followed by counselling
- Non-Exam Pathway – on the basis of merit up to 80 % in the qualifying examination.
- Counselling process.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission Petroleum Engineering Course
To take admission in Petroleum Engineering Colleges in Dehradun, one must be:
- Must PCM/PCB as the subjects.
- Candidates must have English as one of a subject.
- Candidates must have valid score JEE Main or other entrance exam conducted by the university.
- Must have scored minimum 60 to 80 % marks in 10+2 for merit.
- Some admissions for PG course like M.Tech is on the basis of valid score of GATE followed by the interview.
Note – Candidates can apply by visiting a particular college website. They can find all the information along with courses details and specification. It is advised to register before the deadline of the application form. The registration fee once paid will not be refunded.
* Petroleum Engineering Colleges which conducts their own entrance examination, their admit card will be available online from the official website or will be delivered at candidate’s address.
Petroleum Engineering Colleges In Dehradun
As mentioned earlier petroleum engineering is a field of engineering concerned with the activities of extracting crude oil or natural gases. This course has been designed with many technicalities and professional methods of extracting Petroleum. The students will learn in-depth processing methods of crude oil and much practical exposure will be given to the students for better courses understanding.
Students interested in taking up engineering will be benefited from high school courses like math, biology, chemistry, and physics. Basically, the course starts with the bachelor’s program of 4 years that involves classroom, laboratory and field studies. It also involves studying the engineering principle, geology, and thermodynamics. Most Petroleum Engineering Colleges in Dehradun offers cooperative programs in which students get practical experience during the course. To choose the best petroleum colleges in Dehradun one need to be specific with the course availability. Choose your college after doing proper research. To make your search easy, we have made a list of top Petroleum Engineering Colleges in Dehradun. The list as follows:
Placement In Petroleum Engineering Colleges In Dehradun
After doing the Petroleum Engineering course, one can earn between INR 2.82 lakh to INR 37.3 lakh P/A. This salary stat depends on your type of specialization and experience level. It also depends on your organization where one is working. The areas of working are :
- Oil Petroleum Organization
- Petroleum and companies
- Gas companies
- Petroleum research institutions.