We all know that Paramedical Courses In Kerala have recently become a charm as a profession and have brought a lot of changes as it acts as a support in different medical fields. We have been writing many articles on paramedical sectors in this article, we will be focusing on different kinds of top paramedical scope, colleges and much more. This blog is helpful for those who are seeking admission to paramedical courses in Kerala.
What is a Paramedical Course After 10th/12th/Graduation?
The science that deals with pre-hospital emergency services are called Paramedical science. This basically is a study of how to provide medical support to the patient at the time of emergency. The person who is working in the paramedical field is termed as Paramedic.
This field has become high in demand and many paramedical courses have been introduced at degree and diploma levels. The paramedical course is usually related to the health sector and does not require deep learning as MBBS, BDS or BAMS. These courses are generally related to nursing, medicine, and pharmacy.
Top Paramedical Courses In Kerala 2019
The below mentioned are types of paramedical courses in Kerala that are available in the State of Kerala. The courses are divided into three parts:
Paramedical Courses in Kerala Admission 2018-19
To get paramedical Courses, Kerala Admission, candidates must keep the following points in mind:
- Visit the university/college website.
- Download the form or apply online as per college norms.
- Some universities/colleges accept an offline form with DD
- Candidates should keep an eye on the application dates of a particular college.
- The admission process begins in the month of July or August every year.
- Admission is strictly done on the basis of the merit of entrance exam and marks secured in the qualifying examination.
- After qualifying eligibility criteria and merit list status, candidates have to appear for the counselling round where seats will be allotted along with documents verification.
Paramedical Courses in Kerala At Graduate/Diploma Level Admission
A person can pursue any paramedical course after 12th.To applies for a particular course, one should have cleared 10+2 in PCB subjects. Listed below are some popular paramedical courses offered by many universities/colleges of Kerala:
Eligibility Criteria of Graduate /Diploma Courses
- One must have passed +2 from science stream with bio as a subject.
- Applicants must have secure minimum 50 % marks.
- Some colleges in Kerala accepts a valid score of medical entrance exam.
Paramedical Courses in Kerala at Postgraduate/PG Diploma level Admission
Students after doing graduation look forward to Post graduation courses in paramedical. They can opt for PG or PG diploma courses in the stream in which they have completed the graduation. It is necessary to choose a relevant course and as it adds more specialization in a particular discipline. The courses are as follows:
Eligibility Criteria of PG/PG Diploma Courses
The eligibility criteria for the courses mentioned above are:
- Candidate should be graduate in a relevant field.
- Candidate must have scored minimum 50 % in passing an examination.
- Few colleges in Kerala consider a valid score of medical entrance exam.
Best Paramedical Colleges In Kerala 2019 Online Registration
Below mentioned is the list of top Paramedical colleges in Kerala. These colleges provide various paramedical courses at UG, PG and diploma level giving job security and building a strong career of the students. The list as follows:
What are the Career Opportunities in Paramedical Field?
As we know that paramedical is the field of science that deals with an emergency in hospitals and is in great demand. This is an interesting course in which person is being trained to give emergency medical treatment or assist medical professionals. The courses are being introduced in nursing, radiography, emergency first aid, and physiotherapy and deictic.
The Paramedical Courses in Kerala have picked up the pace and are becoming popular among the youngsters. The courses are generally categorized in Bachelors/ Diploma Certificate / Certificate courses and PG courses. It is offered in many streams like X-Ray Technology, Occupational Technology, Physiotherapy, Anesthesia Technology, Optometry, ECG Assistant, CT Scan Technician, Hospital Management and many more.
Job Opportunities In The Paramedical For Kerala Students
The duration of the paramedical courses is of 6 months to 4 years. There is a lot of travel involved in this job as its primary aim is to reach people who are in medical need. People who are employed in this field work for more than 45 hours a week. Generally, shifts go up to 12 hours and that includes night shift also.
After doing a paramedical course one can be a nurse, physiotherapist radio technician, and pharmacist. A person can get a job in government and private hospitals, trauma centres and clinics. There are various opportunities in the field of aviation as requirements of paramedics are high. As per the interest of the person, one can become any of the following:
1) Occupational Therapist – The person on this designation rehabilitates the physically handicapped and mentally retarded person. It is a kind of treatment that is followed by different activities like handicrafts, manual, recreation, industrial art, and daily activities
Salary – 10k to 50k according to the experience
2) Speech Therapist – This job is concerned with the treatment of loss of hearing and speaking. A person related to this job cure communication disabilities through physiological help and supportive speech therapy.
Salary – 10k to 50k according to the experience
3) Prosthetic and Orthotic Engineering – This involves making artificial structures which can be used in the place of missing or non-operating body parts.
Salary – 12K to 70K depending on the experience.
4) Nurse – The job of a nurse is to assist doctors and give medical service to the patient. The duty of a nurse is to render services like checking temperature, pulse recording, giving medication through injections, changing a dressing, taking care of the health of a patient and preparing patients for surgery etc.
Salary – 10k to 50k depending on the organization
5) Pharmacist – A pharmacist job is related to the production of pharmaceutical products, development methods of production and quality control. They also deliver medicines as prescribed by the doctors. They generally work in drug manufacturing companies, research organizations in private as well as government.