If you are class 12th passed out or has done graduation in engineering then our experts are at your help. We understand that education cannot be compromised so we have made this blog for the candidates who are seeking engineering colleges in India and want to make a career in the field of science and technology. In this write up we have given the list of top 10 engineering colleges in India with their admission criteria, eligibility placement etc. Read the complete information below.
Top 10 Engineering Colleges In India Lists 2019
In this article, we have mentioned the updated list of top 10 engineering colleges of India 2019. These colleges have a legacy in providing the best engineering education and assure a bright future. They have the best placements records and they have tied up with major companies. The courses provided in this college are authentic and are approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) which is the governing body of all the technical courses in India.
|Course Name||Fee Structure||Affiliation||Address|
|University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)||P.O. Bidholi Via-Prem Nagar, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India- 248007|
|Graphic Era University, Dehradun||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)||566/6, Bell Road, Clement Town, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India- 248002|
|Shobhit University, Meerut||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)||NH-58, Modipuram, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh 250110, India|
|Uttaranchal University (UU), Dehradun||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)||Arcadia Grant, P.O. Chandanwari, Premnagar, Dehradun, Uttarakhand-248007 India|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)||Vidya Vihar, Pilani, Pilani Road, BITS Pilani, Rajasthan 333031|
|Jaypee Institute of Information Technology (JIIT), Noida||Click Here||University Grants Commission||A-10, Sector-62, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301|
|Bennett University, Greater Noida||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)||Plot Nos 8-11, TechZone II, Greater Noida 201310, Uttar Pradesh, India.|
|Delhi Technological University, Delhi||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)||Shahbad Daulatpur, Main Bawana Road, Delhi-110042, India|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Madras||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)||IIT P.O. , Opposite to C.L.R.I and beside The Adyar Cancer Institute, on Sardar Patel Road, Chennai ( Tamil Nadu)|
|International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)||26/C, Hosur Rd, Electronics City Phase 1, Electronic City, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560100|
Why Sort Top 10 Engineering colleges in India
- Highly Experienced and qualified Faculties.
- Equipped with Modern infrastructure.
- Industrial exposure in the form of Internship, workshop, seminar etc.
- Extracurricular activities for holistic growth
- International tie-ups.
- Additional beneficiary courses with major subjects.
What is Engineering Course
The term engineering came from a Latin word Ingenium which mean “Cleverness and Igneaire mean to create. In India engineering is most opted career by the graduate and undergraduates. After successful completion, of course, one is termed as Engineer and had got various job options as per their specialization. If you are an undergraduate you can start your career by doing B.Tech. After graduation course, one can either look for employment opportunities or can pursue M.Tech or MBA in India. Engineering has many fields and few specialized filed is mentioned below:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Applied electronics and instrumentation
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Data Base engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Genetic Engineering
- Textile Engineering
- Mining Engineering g
- Aeronautical Engineering
Duration of Engineering Course
Applicants can choose any disciplines as per their choice and can get UG, PG degree or even diploma in the same. The duration of the UG course is 4 years, PG course will be of 2 years and certificate /diploma courses are of 6 to 1 year.
Top 10 Engineering Colleges in India Admission
- Admissions in these top 10 engineering colleges in India are done on the basis of merit in the qualifying exam or other relevant examination.
- Some colleges take admission on the basis of entrance examination conducted by them.
- Admissions are also offered on the valid score of JEE main 2019 or GATE 2019 for M.Tech admission course.
- Registration is done in the month of May, June and admission process goes till August under the lateral entry.
- The admission will be followed by a round of counseling in which original documents are being verified.
- Some also colleges may conduct a short round of an interview.
- Candidates who are willing to take admission in B.Tech must be 10+2 from recognized board/university/college.
- For M.Tech candidates must be graduate (B.Tech) in a relevant subject.
- Candidates must have PCM as the subjects with English as one of a subject.
- Must have valid score JEE Main and GATE for admission to M.Tech.
- For admission through merit 50 to 90%. The percentage criteria will depend on the cut off for a particular course that is different from college to college.
- Admission to M.Tech is on the basis of valid score of GATE followed by an interview round.
- Final year candidates are eligible to apply.
Important Entrance Examination Dates of Top 10 Engineering Colleges in India
|Entrance Exam||Registration date||Exam Date||Result|
|JEE Main 2019||1st – 30th September||6th to 20th Jan 2019||31st Jan|
|GATE 2019||1 to 30th September||2, 3, 9,10th February 2019||16th March 2019|
Top 10 Engineering Colleges in India Fees Structure
The fee structure of top 10 engineering colleges in India is on the basis of:
- Ranking of a college.
- Facilities provided in the college.
- Private or government college.
- Which course one is taking admission in.
Some colleges have seats under management quota where a fee is 7 to 10 lakh. The basic tuition fee of private college starts from 3 Lac to 7 Lac P/A (depend on course to course) and on the other hand, the fee of government colleges starts from 30 K P/A to 1.25 lakh P/A (vary from course to course). Some colleges also provide a scholarship to the students who are from the weak economic background. Further, they provide loan facility from a particular bank for the students who are applying for loans.
Top 10 Engineering Colleges in India Placements
Placements of Top 10 Engineering Colleges in India are very decent and stable. They have a tie-up of with good companies who conduct their placement tests in the campus. These colleges do not take a risk and believe in providing standard employment. For this, they have separate training and placement cell which is responsible for generating employment for the students. Students get placed on a starting package of 4 lakh to 7 lakh P/A. Some top recruiters of these colleges are :
- Tata Group
- Thyssen Krupp
- Bosch India
- Larsen and Turbo
- Pepsi Co