Mechanical Engineering is one of the oldest engineerings and considered as a “mother” branch of engineering. This stream provides a broad application base generating decent employment opportunities. The students who are interested to pursue their mechanical engineering from Dehradun can take the help of this to write up where we have provided the list of Mechanical Engineering Colleges in Dehradun and related information. Read the complete article below and get information about the admission procedure, colleges, placement and much more.
For Mechanical Engineering Admission Counselling Call @9717134336
List Of Mechanical Engineering Colleges In Dehradun 2019
If you are interested in taking graduation in mechanical engineering, then you have to start after 10+2. This stream is basically is the concepts applied in designing state of the art manufacturing units, different kinds of aircraft, aerospace parts and many industrial types of machinery. Those students who are interested to make a form career in the stream can also go master’s degree course after UG. The list of Mechanical Engineering Colleges are as follows select your best college here
Mechanical Engineering Colleges In Dehradun Admission Procedure
- Admission to Mechanical Engineering in Dehradun is done strictly on the basis of merit of marks secured in the qualifying examination.
- Some colleges provide direct admission in the case of ITI diploma holders and for those students who have taken admission through management quota.
- The fees of management quota will be higher than normal admission fees.
- Applicant’s JEE Main 2019 scorecard (for B.Tech) will also be taken into consideration.
- For admission to M.Tech in Mechanical engineering, candidates must have valid score of GATE. Few institutions can also take an interview for admission to PG courses.
- Admission will be followed by the counselling round.
- The processing of the application forms will start from the month of May till July every year. One must submit their application before the last date.
Documents Required For The Admission To Mechanical Engineering Colleges In Dehradun
- A copy of 10th and 12th mark sheet or qualifying examination.
- Graduation mark sheet if taking admission to PG course
- Domicile (if required )
- Affidavit (if there is a gap)
- Scorecard of JEE Main
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Other documents as per university/college norms
Eligibility Criteria of Mechanical Engineering Colleges In Dehradun
- Students must have secured a minimum of 50 % marks.
- Must have qualified 10+2 (B.Tech) and graduate in a relevant discipline (for M.Tech) from a science stream.
- Must have PCM as their subjects.
- A valid score of JEE Main or GATE.
Note – Some colleges may conduct their own entrance examination. Students who have given JEE Main or GATE (Pg) are exempted from entrance test of a particular college.
Courses Offered By Mechanical Engineering Colleges In Dehradun
Mechanical Engineering is a vast field that offers many sub-disciplines of learning. The course is offered at UG, PG and Diploma level. This branch is evergreen and demand for mechanical engineers will never fade. Students should start from the first step by picking up the best colleges as per their subjects.
Some of the related Mechanical Engineering disciplines are:
- Production Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
Mechanical Engineering Colleges In Dehradun Fees Structure
- The fees of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering Colleges in Dehradun is different from course to course
- Fees once paid will be refunded only in special circumstances. It is advised to read fees policy before making any kind of payment.
- The fee structure from college to college i.e. private and government colleges.
- The basic fee starts from INR 50,000 P/A and goes till INR 2 lakh P/A.
- Different kinds of scholarships are provided by the government and private institutions.
- Students can check for a scholarship at the time of admission.
Syllabus Of Mechanical Engineering Colleges In Dehradun
The syllabus of mechanical engineering is taught in many varied from colleges to colleges. However, the core subjects remain the same. The syllabus as follows:
- Strength of Materials
- Manufacturing Process
- Fluid Mechanics
- Machine Design
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Theory of Machines
- IC Engines
- CAD/ CAM
- Automobile Engineering
- Power Plant Engineering
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Materials science and testing Lab
- Machine Design
- Thermodynamics Lab
- Heat and Mass Transfer Lab
- IC Engine Lab
- Computer-Aided Design
- Materials Science
- Discrete Mathematics
- Fluid Machinery
- Non-Conventional Energy Resources
- Advanced Welding Technology
- Mechanical System Design
Placement Of Mechanical Engineering Colleges In Dehradun
Placement at Mechanical Engineering Colleges in Dehradun is decent. Some colleges provide 100 % placement with good salary package. Most of the colleges in Dehradun have training and placement cell which is responsible for taking care of the students in terms of placement and industrial exposure. The initial salary of a Mechanical engineer is INR 10,000 to INR 25,000 per month. The salary increases with the industrial experience and goes till INR 30 lakh per annum.
Some top recruiting companies of mechanical engineering are:
- L & T Sobha Developers Ltd.
- Maytas Infra Ltd
- Shimizu Corp
- Alactriti Infosystems
- Ashok Leyland’s