If you want to know about animation and the best animation courses after 12th, then you have to go through this entire article.
What Is Animation?
“The animation is basically a visual technique which makes the illusion of motion by displaying a collection of images in rapid sequence.”
Though we have seen many amazing animated movies of Hollywood, Japan or any other foreign country, most of the Indians got familiar with this genre after the success of Indian animated movies like Bal Hanuman and Bal Ganesha etc. From films to TV to commercial ads animation is everywhere which leads to a huge demand for good and skilled animators in the market.
ANIMATION COURSES AFTER 12TH
As a matured individual, we have taken several decisions in our life. Out of those, choosing a right career option is one of the most important decisions for the students after finishing their 12th. There are a number of career choices available for the students to choose and they can go with their likes and preferences. In this post, we will discuss animation as a career option or animation course after 12th.
LIST OF ANIMATION COURSES IN INDIA AFTER 12TH 2019
There are lots of animation courses after 12th available in India which you can choose according to your convenience and interest. Animation is becoming very popular in India and now students are thinking about it as a serious profession.
List Of Animation Degree Courses After 12th 2019
So, it is clear from the above mention list that Bachelor’s Degree courses cover all details of animation, Digital Filmmaking, Visual Effects (VFX) 2D and 3D Animation. The duration of Animation courses is same as other graduation courses i.e. of 3 years.
Animation Degree Courses Eligibility
- The student should clear 10+2 in any stream –science, commerce or Arts from recognized board.
- Applicants gain minimum marks at least 50%.
List Of Animation Certificate Courses After 12th 2019
Certificate courses are for those students who don’t have much time to study but want to have some knowledge about animation so that they can work in this field. Certificate courses are not as brief as Bachelor or Diploma courses but still, some companies hire students who have just done certificate course.
- Certificate in Digital Photography
- Certificate in 2d and 3d Animation
- Certificate in Game Design
- Certificate in Mobile Gaming
- Certificate in Graphic Designing and Digital Art
- Certificate in Advanced Web Designing & Animation
- Certificate in Visual Effects
- Certificate in Graphics and 3D Animation
- Certificate Graphics and 2D Animation
- Certificate Program in 3D Design
- Certificate in 3 D Animation
- Certificate in 2 D Animation
- Certificate in Advance Rigging and Animation
- Certificate in Digital Art & VFX
- Certificate in Advanced Gaming
- Certificate Course in Game Development
Animation Certificate Courses Eligibility
- The students who have completed 10th standard are also eligible for certificate courses.
- The duration of this course is very less ranges from 3-6 months depending on the institutes.
You May Also Like:
List Of Animation Diploma Courses After 12th 2019
Diploma courses are also beneficial for students who are not able to do the graduation course. The duration of the diploma is for 1year. But the course time depends upon the institute which varies from one institute to another. Even some institute also provides six months diploma. We have various animation diploma courses available in India:
- Diploma 3D Animation
- Diploma in 3D Animation & VFX
- Diploma in VFX (Visual Effects)
- Diploma – Graphic Design
- Diploma Game Development
- Diploma in Animation and VFX
- Diploma in Animation
- Diploma in Multimedia and Animation
- Diploma in Visual Effect &3D Animation
- Diploma in Web Designing and Programming
- Diploma in Graphics, Web Designing and 2D Animation (DGWA)
- Advanced Program in Digital Media & Design
- Diploma In Graphic Design and Motion Graphics
- Diploma in Game Art and Design
- Diploma in Game Engineering
- Advance Diploma in Game Development
- Diploma in VFX & Cine Effects
- Diploma in Game Programming
- Diploma course in 3D Stereoscopic Film Making Course
- Diploma in Game Arts Professional
- Diploma in 3D Animation, Game Design, and Development
Animation Diploma Courses Eligibility
- The eligibility to take admission on this course is the minimum education required is 12th or equivalent.
- A graduate student preferably an art student to pursue post-graduation.
- The institutions like IDC, IIT, NID only offers admission to the graduate of architecture, technology, and engineering students.
- Arts students can apply for PG diploma in these educational hubs.
ANIMATION POST GRADUATION COURSES IN INDIA 2019
If you want to become a pro after completing your graduation you may go for an advanced course as per your selected field in Graduation. P.G courses are usually 2 year long and minimum marks depend upon the institution.
- M.sc in Animation and Multimedia
- M.Sc Animation
- Advance Diploma in Visual Effects: 3D Computer Graphics
- M. Sc. in Multimedia
- PGD – Graphic Designing
- M.A. Animation and Multimedia
- M.A. – Graphic Design
- M.Sc – Creative Design and CAD/CAM
- Ph.D – Animation and Multimedia
- M.Sc. Animation and Design
- M. Sc. in Graphics, Animation and Gaming
- PG Diploma In Web Designing
- PG Diploma in Multimedia Technology
- PG Diploma in 3D Animation and Visual Effects
- M.Sc in Animation and Game
- M.Sc in Animation and VFX
- M.Sc. in Game Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Game Design
- Post Graduate Diploma in Animation
- P.G Diploma in Game Art and Design
- P.G Diploma in Game Development
- M.Sc in Multimedia Technology
Animation PG Courses Eligibility
- First of all, a graduate degree or certificate is important to join any master course.
- The marks which are required depends upon the college which you are selecting it differs from college to college.
- As some institutes require some special course for their eligibility.
- Minimum 50% marks are required.
How To Take Admission In Animation Courses After 12th
The admission procedure in Animation courses is very simple. Animation colleges in India offer a variety of courses at various levels – certificates, diplomas, bachelors and masters degrees.
- First, you have to complete class 12th so that you can eligible for admission.
- The basic procedure remains the same although some process varies from institute to institute.
- If you are interested in studying animation then first you have to shortlist the college.
- Some institutes conduct Entrance test in order to check the student skills for the specific course.
- Some colleges also want students to present their creative portfolio as a part of the application course.
- A portfolio is basically a collection of your art that can display your creativity.
Animation Course Fees 2019
The animation fees depend upon the course you have selected.
- For 3D animation, the fees range from 65000 to 2.5 lakh. It includes all from pre-production to post-production.
- For VFX the fees start from 50000 to 250000, under this you can make flying cars and flying superheroes. Who is very popular in Hollywood and now also in Bollywood.
- For Graphic Design and multimedia, fees are 30000 – 1.4 lakh. Here you can learn how to use symbols words, letter for proper communication. You can have a good career in media also.
TOP ANIMATION COLLEGES IN INDIA 2019
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore
- Unity Veda College of Media and Animation, Lucknow
- Himalayan Institute of Technology, Dehradun
- Raffles Millennium International, New Delhi
- Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore
- Birla Institute of Technology, Jaipur
- Birla Institute of Technology, Noida
- Apeejay Institute of Design, New Delhi
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Amity University, Lucknow
- Amity University, Gurgaon
- Sharda University, Greater Noida
- National Institute of Film and Fine Arts (N.I.F.F.A.), Kolkata
- St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata
- National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad
- Loyola Academy Degree & PG College, Hyderabad
- Arena Animation, Mumbai
- Arena Animation, Pune
- D Y Patil Whistling Woods International School of Film & Media (DYP-WWI), Pune
- MAAC, Mumbai
- Raffles Millennium International, Mumbai
- Arena Animation, Chandigarh
- Raffles Millennium International, Bangalore
- Arena Animation, Chennai
- Zee Institute of Creative Art, Kolkata
- Delhi Film Institute, New Delhi
- St Xavier’s College, Ranchi
- Arena Animation, Jaipur
- Animaster Academy – Corporate Centre for Excellence, Bangalore
- Animaster Academy – Corporate Centre for Excellence, Lucknow
- Arena Animation, Trivandrum
- Arena Animation, Jayanagar
TOP ANIMATION GOVERNMENT COLLEGES IN INDIA 2019
- Biju Patnaik Film & Television Institute of Orissa
- Central Board of Research and Technology (CBRT), New Delhi
- Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute Of Digital Art & Animation, Kolkata
- Indira Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya, Chhattisgarh
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Kurukshetra University, Haryana
- L.S. Raheja School of Art, Mumbai
What Is The Career In Animation Courses After 12th?
From last one decade Animation has arisen as a popular career choice among students. The success of animation movies and cartoons has contributed to the growth of this field in India and gained attention that’s why this industry has developed very fast. Film production houses, Animation studios, and companies are spending a lot of money on their projects and they need skilled professionals to improve the quality of animation. Hence, the demand for skilled, creative and qualified professionals is getting higher in India every year.
After completing their course Animators can start their own company or start working as a freelancer.
Earlier stop motion tricks have been used to make animation, but now we also use techniques like 2D handwriting, 2D computer generated, 3D computer generated.
We can observe that lots of techniques have been used to make animations like 2D &3D which is called CGI. CGI has been used in movies, cartoons, animated pictures, advertisement, TV shows, and website.
TOP JOB ORIENTED ANIMATION COURSE AFTER 12TH
Diploma in 3D Animation
Diploma in 3D Animation is one year course divided into 2 semesters. This course enhances your skills in animation, which is basically used to design & conceptualize cartoon & game characters. Its also used for graphics presentation, visual arts. This course sharp your skills & knowledge for computer animation. The course fee of diploma in 3D animation is approx Rs 2-3 lakh.
Admission Procedure in Diploma 3D Animation
Students can join this course after passing their 10+2 in any stream with minimum 50 % marks. Admission on diploma courses mostly offered on first come first serve basis but there are some top animation colleges which make merit on the basis of marks obtained in the last qualifying exam. They also do group discussion & round of personal interview in order to test the analytical skills of aspirants before giving the admission.
Top Colleges of Diploma 3D Animation
- The Indian Institute Of Digital Art & Animation (IIDAA), Kolkata
- Creative Mentors Animation College (CMAC), Hyderabad
- ANITECH College of Technology and Management (ANITECH), Bangalore
- Wings Creations College of Art media and Design (WCCAMB), Bangalore
- Unity Veda College of Media and Animation – Best Animation Institute, Lucknow
Career Prospects after Diploma in 3D Animation
Diploma in 3D animation is one of the most opted professional course for 12th Students. Once you do this course you can work as the
- Visual effects artist
- game designer
You can get opportunities in Animation Studios, Production houses, Digital agencies, Game Designing Companies. The average salary one can get after doing this course is approx 20-25k. Once you gain experience you can earn up to approx 50-60k per month.
B.Sc in Animation
Bsc Animation is most preferred UG course for the students who wanted to make a career in animation. Its 3-year degree program, divided into 6 semesters. Students get theoretical & practical knowledge of Animation & multimedia. In Bsc animation students learn 2D, 3D Animation, motion graphics, VFX, Digital Art. Average Fee BSC in animation is between 1.50 lakh-4.50 lakh.
Admission procedure Of B.Sc in Animation
Admission procedure: Students, who aspire to take admission in Bsc Animation, should have done 10 +2 with minimum 50 % marks in any stream. If you aspire to get admission in top animation colleges then you need to score good rank in top animation entrance exam, followed by group discussion & personal interview conducted by colleges.
Top Colleges of B.S.C in Animation
- Unity Veda Animation College, Lucknow
- Chitkara University, Patiala
- Bhagwant University (BU), Ajmer
- Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya (DSVV), Haridwar
- Desh Bhagat University, Mandi Gobindgarh
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad
Career Prospects After B.Sc in Animation
After doing Bsc in animation you can search for jobs in a TV production house, Gaming development companies, Advertising & creative agencies and other related corporate.
After doing this course students can get good job opportunities in
- Design/ Creative Firms
- Video Gaming Industry
- TV Channels
- Production houses
- IT software companies
The average salary for a fresher get is Rs 25-30k. Once you gained experience & became expertise you can get earn approx 80-90k per month easily.
SCOPE OF ANIMATION
The scope of Animation is vast. We can study animation either full time or part-time. And this industry is growing day by day than any other sector. A career in animation you can fulfil your dreams and you not only enjoy your day to day work but also receive recognition and appraisal from your clients and bosses.
We have many institutes in India both private and government where you can study and get trained for your work. Many colleges provide training and conduct Job placement during the completion of the course.
In 2015 there are more than 300 animation studios in India which have approximately 15000 animation professionals.
Skills Required For Animation Courses
- Computer Software Skills
- Teamwork Spirit
- Good Observation
- Unique approach
- Capability to get into the character
It is not very important that if you miss any of the qualities or skills which we have mentioned above then you cannot continue your career in animation, we can learn a lot of things through practice and with the help of institutes available in India.
Career And Job Prospects In Animation
Animation is now becoming very popular among people because of the success of animated films, cartoons and advertisements. Students want to explore their creativity and are willing to take the risk. Earlier people are not aware of it, but now by experiencing the animation in every field people show their interest to know more about it. We can say in the past few years it has gained so much attention. Animation has huge potential in India.
Nowadays production houses, animation companies are spending lots of money in this field so that they can improve the quality of animation. Companies are willing to invest more and more for qualified and skilled animators who can create life in the picture.
Making animation is not about drawing or sketching, it brings character to life with the help of software. Actually, there are various steps involved in this work so there is no limitation to the scope, you can choose the kind of work according to your interest.
- Production Designer
- Storyboard Artist
- Layout Artist
- Digital Painter
Candidates may select any of the specializations on the basis of his/her convenience. Animators can work in any of companies or may also work as a freelancer. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Animation Studios
- Media Agencies
- Film Production Houses
- Post Production Houses
- Advertising Agencies
- Web Entities (E-Commerce sites, E-Magazines, Websites etc.)
- Computer and Mobile Game Developers
TOP ANIMATION PLACEMENT COMPANIES IN INDIA
- Jadooworks Pvt Ltd
- Maya Entertainment Ltd
- UTV Toonz
- Pentamedia Graphics
- Walt Disney
- Heart Entertainment Limited
- Silvertoon Studio
- Animation industries
- Crest Animation Studios Ltd
- Padmalaya Telefilms
Salary in Animation
Though it depends on various factors like the profile of the employer, employee skills, aptitude and grades that decides how much salary you can earn. but the general starting salary could be between
Initially, the salary range is less but gradually with the work experience and skills you can earn a good amount from the companies. For junior animators, the salary ranges from 10-20k per month that can go up to 50-60k per month as you gain experience and skills in this field.
Animation Colleges Colleges City Wise