Are you seeking for agriculture courses after 12th? In this blog, you will get everything you need to know about agriculture courses like scope, career, which course gives better job opportunities to us, colleges offering different agriculture programs.
India is a land of agriculture that produces a variety of crops. This is because most of the land in our country is fertile. As per the report in 2018, agriculture employed 50% of the Indian workforce and contributed around 17 to 18% to the country’s GDP. There are many advanced technologies coming up with new methods of farming and cultivation. This change is leading to the study of different agriculture courses in wider form.
Job Oriented Agriculture Courses After 12th
- B.Sc in Agriculture
- B.Sc in Genetic Plant Breeding
- BSc in Agriculture Economics and Farm Management
- B.Sc in Animal Husbandry
- BSc in Forestry
- bsc Soil and water management
- B.Sc in Horticulture
- BSc Agriculture and Food Business
- B.Sc in Fisheries
- bsc in Crop Physiology
Top Colleges Offering Agriculture Courses
- Doon Business School (DBS), Dehradun
- Noida International University, Noida
- Shobhit University, Meerut
- Dev Bhoomi Group of Institutions, Dehradun
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University – [TNAU]- Coimbatore
What Is Agriculture Course?
Agriculture Course is all about learning different ways of farming and trying to produce a standard quality of food. Students will learn about horticulture management, business and industries that buy and produce farms products, manufacture farm machinery, banking activities and doing research for improving the quality of farm products.
Agriculture is a method or way or can say the science of farming and cultivation of plants, animals, fungi, medicinal plants, and other products. The process of farming in a scientific way is called “Scientific Agriculture” Agriculture is multi-subjects’ stream that includes a variety of scientific, technical and business subject.
After graduation, professionals can get jobs in the private and government sectors. In fact, there are many government posts in which candidates can become gazette officer and can work as “Agricultural Officer.”Agriculture is one of the largest industries which have become a good source of job opportunities. To begin a career in this field you need to know the base of Agriculture. Want to know more? Read our sections below.
Types Of Agriculture Courses After 12th
Students after knowing the basic of agriculture stream must choose their course carefully. The agriculture courses are available in India in the following pattern:
- UG Degree Courses
- Diploma Courses
- PG Diploma
- Masters Degree Courses
- PG Certificate
- PhD Programs
One can take UG courses after 12th and then further proceed to the master’s degree course. Students can also go for certificate/ diploma courses if they want to start their career early. Certificate /diploma/UG agriculture courses are for the students who have done 12th in science or any stream. For B.sc. in agriculture, science is required and for agriculture management field students of any discipline can apply. Some top bachelors degree courses students can pick after 12th are:
Some Specializations students can choose in the field of Agriculture:
- Agriculture Economics
- Plant Breeding
- Weed Sciences
- Agriculture Genetics
- Agriculture Entomology
- Soil science and Agrochemistry
Agriculture Courses After 12th Science
- B.E or B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering
- B.Tech in Agriculture Information Technology
- B.E. or B.Tech in Dairy Technology
- BBA in Agriculture
- B.E. or B.Tech in Agriculture and Dairy Technology
- B.Tech or B.E in Agricultural and Food Engineering
- B.Sc. in Dairy Science
- B.Sc. in Plant Science
- BSc in Agriculture Biotechnology
- B.SC. in Poultry Science
Agriculture Courses After 12th Commerce/Arts
A diploma can be done after completing 10th or 12th. Diploma course can be 3 years of duration but it varies depending on a type of course. Diploma course can be for 1 year of duration.
- Certificate in Horticulture
- Beekeeping Certificate
- Certificate in Floriculture
- Fish Farming Certificate
- Certificate in Aquaculture
- Fruit Production Certificate
Certificate courses can be done after 12th and even after 10th. The duration of the course is 1 to 2 years
List Of Top Agriculture Colleges In India 2019
Once you are decided with a course you want to pick the next step is to pick the right college. To make students search easy we have listed top agriculture colleges.
|College Name||Get Detailed Fee||Affiliation|
|Himalayan Institute of Technology, Dehradun||Click Here||Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Pauri Garhwal|
|Vivekananda Global University (VGU), Jaipur||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|DIMS, Dehradun||Click Here||Sri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University|
|Uttaranchal University (UU), Dehradun||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Abhilashi University -Mandi (HP)||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|SBSPG Dehradun||Click Here||Uttarakhand Technical University and H.N.B Garhwal University, Srinagar|
|Quantum University, Roorkee||Click Here||UGC|
|Khalsa College, Amritsar||Click Here||Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar|
|College Of Veterinary And Animal Sciences – [RAJUVAS], Udaipur||Click Here||UGC|
|Chandigarh University, Chandigarh||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University, Guntur||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Himgiri Zee University (HZU), Dehradun||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Alpine Group of Institutes, Dehradun||Click Here||HNB Garhwal University, Srinagar and Uttarakhand Board of Technical Education, Roorkee|
|Uttaranchal PG College of Bio-Medical Sciences and Hospital, Dehradun||Click Here||Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Srinagar|
|Himachal Pradesh Agriculture University, Palampur||Click Here||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE), Mumbai||Click Here||University Grants Commission, Indian Council of Agricultural Research|
|Dolphin (PG) Institute of Biomedical and Natural Sciences, Dehradun||Click Here||H.N.B. Garhwal Central University, Srinagar, Garhwal (Uttarakhand)|
Agricultural Courses After 12th Admission Process
- Admission to agricultural colleges is done on the basis of:
- Entrance Test, Counseling and Admission
- Qualifying examination Merit
- ICAR entrance examination is for agricultural courses, EAMCET is conducted for admission to agriculture colleges in Andhra Pradesh, and Similarly KEAM is for agricultural colleges in Kerala.
- Some colleges also conduct its own entrance examination.
- Some colleges also offer direct admission under seats of management quota.
How To Apply In Agricultural Courses
- Visit the official website of a respective website.
- Fill the form online or offline (as per option is given by a college)
- Attach all the documents required.
- Submit online or at college address.
- Students can make application payment after filling all the mandatory details.
Note – This is a general application process we have mentioned. The application process is different for every college.
- Marks sheets/certificate of 10th and 12th
- Caste certificate (if applicable).
- Character certificate of the last institution.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Affidavit for a gap (if any)
- Domicile (according to the college )
- Passport size photograph.
- Other documents as per university norms.
- Candidates must be 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Minimum marks must be 50% and a minimum of 45%.
- % relaxation will be given to students belonging to reserved category.
- Candidate must be having PCB/PCB or any discipline (depend on a course one choosing)
- in 10+2 and graduate in a relevant discipline to take admission in PG course.
Fees Structure of Agriculture courses after 12th
The fees structure of agriculture courses depends on:
- Government and Private Institutions
- Course to Courses
- Ranking of the colleges
- Other facilities provided by a college
Many colleges offer a scholarship to meritorious students. They also provide loan facilities so that students can attain hassle-free education. Generally, agriculture course fee starts from 20k to 4 lakh P/A. The fees of private college are higher than the fee of Government College. Students can pay their fee on instalments or yearly or semester wise depending on college payments methods.
Career & Scope Of Agricultural Courses
As mentioned after doing graduation professionals can find jobs in both the private and government sectors. Since this stream is growing the demand for agriculture professionals are going high. The graduates of agriculture field are becoming part of government projects, agriculture departments, extension services, research organization, commercial farming and many more. The graduates will also find opportunities in:
- Horticulture poultry
- Food Sciences
- Animal Sciences etc.
Some can start their own business like:
- Agriculture Product Shops
- Agribase Industry
- Firms etc.
Some professionals can work as supervisors, distributors, researcher and engineers.
Job Titles After Doing Agriculture Courses
- Crop Specialists
- Fertilizer sales representative
- Food Microbiologists
- Plant Geneticist
- Soil Surveyor
- Farm Manager
- Rice Breeder
- Seed Technologist
- Marketing Executive
- Marketing Executive
The salary is rewarding for smart and hardworking candidates. The initial salary goes from 20k to 30k P/A. With the growth in experience candidates get 1 lakh to 2 lakh per month.
Professionals Get To Work In Sectors Like:
- Agro-Industry Sector
- Estates and Tea Gardens
- Management Sectors
- Agri Bio Tech Organization
- Financial Sector with agriculture as the main focus.
Some Top Recruiters Of This Field Are:
- DU Pont
- Rallies India Limited
- National Agro Industries
- Raasi Seeds
- ABT Industries
Some Top Government Recruiters Are:
- Food Corporation of India
- Agricultural Finance Corporation
- Indian Council of Agriculture Research
- North Eastern Region Agricultural Marketing Corporation
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research