B.SC - Agriculture Admission 2018
- B. Sc. in Agriculture abbreviated as B.Sc. (Agr.) is an undergraduate course in the field of agriculture. The duration of this course is 4 years. Like other professional courses,
- B.Sc in Agriculture is also considered as a professional degree. It is a full-time course offered by many agricultural Universities/institutions of India.
- The course fee varies from college to college. The fee for this course in private colleges lies between 70,000 to 90,000 annually. Fee in Government College is less as compared to private college.
- This course is pursued with the aim to acquire sufficient knowledge and learn modern methods, techniques in agriculture to help farmers perform their work efficiently and thus improve agriculture productivity.
The course will consist of the study of many subjects. Some of them are listed below:
- Elementary Agriculture
- Agricultural Economics
- Rural Sociology and Educational Psychology
- Introductory Entomology
- Agro Meteorology
- Principles of Agronomy
- Irrigation Water Management
- Principles of Floriculture & Landscaping
- Organic Farming
- Introductory Plant Pathology
The last semester of the program will consist of internship (Rural Agricultural Work Experience).
The eligibility for B.Sc in Agriculture is 10+2 studied in science stream with PCB or PCM subjects. Students who have studied intermediate in agriculture stream are also eligible to apply. The requirement of minimum marks in qualifying exam varies from institution to institution.
Admission Procedure :
- Students are admitted in Bachelor of Science in Agriculture either on merit basis of qualifying examination (12th) or on the basis of entrance test conducted by respective institutions.
- Filling of application form is the initial step for taking admission in any college.
- Some renowned agricultural entrance exams like ICAR AIEEA, TS EAMCET, AP EAMCET are also conducted for providing admission in B.Sc. Agriculture.
- To know the exact admission procedure of the desired college, the students are advised to go to the official web portal of the respective college.
- Right after the completion of B.Sc in agriculture, students will be able to find the well-paying job in this field.
- After completion of B.Sc in agriculture, if candidate find this field interesting and want to go further in this field, then he/she has the choice to pursue M.Sc and then Ph.D in this field.
- B.Sc. agriculture graduates can find jobs in both private and public sectors. The degree holders of this course can apply for the post of Agricultural officer (Agronomist) offered by the government of India.
- The government sectors in which candidates can work are Food Corporation of India, State Farms Corporation of India, National Dairy Development Board, NABARD and other banks, National Seeds Corporation Limited, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, etc.
- In private sector companies, the jobs are offered by fertilizer manufacturing firms, agricultural product marketing firms, food processing units, agriculture marketing, agriculture machinery industries, etc.
Here, we are listing some agro based product companies which offer jobs to graduates in agriculture:
- ABT Industries
- Raasi Seeds
- Advanta Limited
- National Agro Industries
- DuPont India
The salary basically depends upon the experience and area of working. The average starting salary of candidate ranges between 2 to 4 lac per annum.