Filter by Similar Courses
- B. Tech. Mechanical and Automation Engineering
- B.E. - Mechanical Engineering
- B.Sc. - Mechanical Engineering
- B. Tech. – Mechanical Engineering (Lateral Entry)
- B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering + MBA
- B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering + M.Tech. (Integrated)
- B.Tech. (Hons.) in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech - Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Automobile
- B.Tech - Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Automobile (lateral entry)
- Graduate Mechanical Engineer
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Admission & Colleges 2018
Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering or B.Tech Mechanical Engineering is the undergraduate engineering programme having the duration of 4 years. This course is offered under semester pattern. In each academic year, there are 2 semesters. Each semester lasts for a span of 6 months. Aspirants can pursue this programme in full-time mode. Mechanical engineering is one of the most sought specializations of engineering. This branch of engineering deals with the study of designing, manufacturing, and production of mechanical systems. The course curriculum will consist of partly theoretical and partly practical subjects followed by industrial training and project work. Industrial training provides an opportunity to students to work on real-time environment which will enhance the practical skills of students.
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering syllabus
Here you can find the detail syllabus of B.tech mechanical engineering 2018. The subjects of the course may vary from college to college.The program structure includes the following subjects:
• Functional English-I
• Logic Building and Problem Solving
• Functional English-I Lab
• Chemistry Lab
• Logic Building and Problem Solving Lab
• Manufacturing Science Lab
• Functional English-II
• Programming Using C
• Environmental Science
• Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering
• Functional English-II Lab
• Physics-II Lab
• Programming Using C Lab
• Basic EEE Lab
• Applied Thermodynamics
• Engineering Mechanics
• Mechanical Design and Drawing
• Basic Solid Mechanics
• Mechanical Design and Drawing Lab
• Industrial Management
• Kinematics and Mechanism
• Basic Fluid Mechanics and Rate Processes
• Materials and Mechanical Metallurgy
• Advanced Solid Mechanics
• Kinematics and Mechanism Lab
• Materials and Mechanical Metallurgy Lab
• Heat and Mass Transfer
• Dynamics of Machines
• Machine Design-I
• Manufacturing Science-II
• Production Planning and Control
• Non Destructive Testing
• Heat and Mass Transfer Lab
• Theory of Machine and Design Lab
• Manufacturing Science Lab-II
• Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
• Fluid Machinery
• Machine Design-II
• Internal Combustion Engines
• Principles of Management
• Fluid Machinery Lab
• Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Lab
• Machine Design Lab
• Energy Conservation
• Maintenance and Safety Engineering
• CAD/CAM Lab
• Industrial Training
• Automobile Engineering
• Power Plant Engineering
• Project Work
• Automobile Engineering Lab
• Gas Turbines
• Advanced Thermodynamics
• Thermal Turbo Machines
• Engineering Materials
• Computational Fluid Mechanics
• Compressible Flow
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Colleges 2018
Selection of right college is very necessary for pursuing any course. Before taking admission, students must check education quality, ranking, rating, accreditation and placement record of college. Here, we are listing few best mechanical engineering colleges:
• Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
• Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
• Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
• BITS Pilani
• Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
• National Institute of Technology, Warangal
• Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering Eligibility
Before applying, candidates must confirm B.Tech mechanical engineering eligibility conditions. Students can take admission into B.Tech in mechanical engineering after passing 12th examination. It is necessary for students to study intermediate examination in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. Minimum aggregate of 50% marks are required at 10+2 level.
Admission Procedure for B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
• Admission into this course is generally based on entrance exam.
• JEE Main is the popular entrance exam through which students are admitted into NITs and other reputed engineering institutions.
• Students who want to pursue this course from Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) have to appear and qualify JEE Advanced.
• SRMJEEE, BITSAT, VITEEE are other entrance exams for admission into this course.
• If some seats remain vacant then, it is filled on the basis of merit of qualifying examination (12th).
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering Jobs
Scope of Mechanical Engineering is really huge. After completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, candidates can look for exciting career options.
Mechanical Engineering jobs exist in both private and public sector organizations. This field attracts the candidates to work in power generation industries,steel industries, chemical industries, automobile industries, aerospace industries, aviation industry, paper industries, air conditioning and refrigeration industry.
The public sector firms which employ mechanical engineers are BPCL, GAIL, ONGC, IOCL, NTPC, CIL, SAIL, NALCO, etc. Also, these candidates can apply for jobs in nationalized banks, Indian railways, defense, etc.B.Tech degree also qualifies the candidate for Master of Technology (M.Tech) degree. After earning master’s degree, candidates can make their career in teaching. Becoming a college professor is the respectable profession.
The major recruiters of mechanical engineers are as follows:
• Tata Motors
• Maruti Suzuki
• Larsen and Toubro Ltd.
• Tata Steel Ltd.
• Mahindra and Mahindra
• Bajaj Automobiles
Salary Offered after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering:
Degree holders of mechanical engineering can expect an initial salary of around INR 3 lacs per annum. One may earn remunerative and alluring salary package after earning few years of experience.
- To pursue this degree program, you must have completed 10+2 with physics, mathematics, and chemistry as compulsory subjects.
- You have to score an aggregate of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.