Filter by Similar Courses
- B.E. in Civil Engineering
- B.Sc. - Civil Engineering
- B. Tech. – Civil Engineering (Lateral Entry)
- B.Tech. in Civil Engineering+ M.Tech. (Integrated)
- B.Tech. in Civil Engineering + MBA (Integrated)
- B.Tech. (Hons.) in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech. (Hons.) in Civil Engineering + M.Tech. in Structural Engineering
- B.Tech. (Hons.) in Civil Engineering + M.Tech. in Transportation Engineering
- B.Tech. (Hons.) in Civil Engineering + M.Tech. in Geotechnical Engineering
- B.Tech. (Hons.) in Civil Engineering + M.Tech. in Hydraulic and Water Resources Engineering
B. Tech. in Civil Engineering Admission 2018 & Top Colleges
B.Tech in Civil Engineering is the undergraduate course in the field of engineering. It has the duration of 4 years. It is the fully residential programme which is divided into 8 semesters, each semester lasts for a period of 6 months. The average tuition fee for this course falls in between INR 4 to 10 lacs. Btech Civil Engineering course fee in government colleges is comparatively low to that of private colleges. The fee payment can be done either semester-wise or yearly basis.
B.Tech civil engineering focuses on planning and designing of industrial and residential buildings, hydraulic system, water supply and sanitation system. This course enables the students to equip the necessary skills required to become a civil engineer.The major duties civil engineer is to oversee the design and construction activities of buildings, roads, dams, bridges and canals. The course provides both theoretical and practical learning in the basic areas of civil engineering.
B.Tech civil engineering syllabus 2018 is broad and consists of various subjects. B tech Civil Engineer subjects broadly taught during this course are as follows:
• Design Thinking
• Environmental Studies
• Engineering Mechanics
• Workshop Technology
• Physics-I Lab
• Chemistry-I Lab
• English Communication
• Engineering Graphics
• Basic Electrical and Electronics
• Computer Programming
• Electrical and electronics lab
• Computer ProgrammingLab
• Physics-II Lab
• Differential Equations, Probability and Statistics
• Engineering Economics
• Strength of Materials
• Fluid Mechanics
• Civil Engineering Materials and Building Construction
• Fluid Mechanics Lab
• Civil Engineering Materials and Building Construction Lab
• Numerical Analysis
• Theory of Structure
• Soil Mechanics
• Engineering Geology
• Soil Mechanics Lab
• Surveying Lab
• Dynamics of Behavioural Science in Industries
• Open Elective I
• Concrete Structure Design
• Transportation Engineering I
• Theory of Structure Lab
• Survey Camp
• Transportation Engineering I
• Steel Structure Design
• Environmental Engineering I
• Transportation Engineering II
• Irrigation Engineering and Hydrology
• Structural Drawing
• Minor Project
• Environmental Engineering Lab
• Foundation Engineering
• Project Management and Quantity Surveying
• Solid Wastes and Environmental Pollution
• Departmental Elective I
• Major Project I
• Design of Hydraulic Structure
• Departmental Elective I
• Departmental Elective II
• Departmental Elective III
• Departmental Elective IV
• Major Project II
Students aspiring to take admission into this course can check here the list of top 10 private engineering colleges in India 2018.
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani
- BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Karnataka, Manipal
- PSG College of Technology (PSGCT), Coimbatore
- Ramaiah Institute of Technology (RIT), Bangalore
- RV College of Engineering (RVCE), Bangalore
- SRM University, Chennai – Kattankulathur Campus
- Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering (SSNCE), Chennai
- Thapar University, Patiala
- Thiagarajar College of Engineering (TCE), Madurai
B.Tech Civil Engineering Eligibility
The basic qualification needed for admission into B.Tech in Civil Engineering is intermediate (12th) studied in science stream from any well-recognized educational board. To get admission into this course, students have to secure minimum 45% aggregate marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
B.Tech in Civil Engineering Admission Procedure :
• The admission procedure is different for different colleges.
• Some colleges fill their seats based on the merit of qualifying examination while other provides admission on the basis of entrance test.
• There are many entrance tests which are conducted at national, state and University level for admission into B.Tech in civil engineering.
• Reputed engineering colleges consider JEE Main scores for granting admission.
• VITEEE, SRMJEEE, UPESEAT, BITSAT are few entrance tests conducted for admission into undergraduate engineering courses.
• Those who want to take admission into IITs have to clear and qualify JEE Advanced.
Civil Engineering Jobs:
Graduates of Civil Engineering have the opportunity to work in private as well as government sector. The job opportunities in this field are immense. Some of the employment areas include engineering services, construction companies, oil and petroleum industry, defense forces, railways, development companies, water supply department, banking, military, consultancy firms, development board, municipal bodies, etc.
Candidates can apply for job profiles such as civil engineer, project manager, planning and design executive, site engineer, assistant civil engineer, construction managers, landscape architects, surveyors and environmental engineers.
The degree of B.Tech civil engineering qualifies candidates for master’s degree. Students can choose to pursue master’s of Technology (M.Tech) in the relevant discipline. After acquiring master’s degree, interested candidates can pursue teaching as one of the best career options.
The premier recruiters of civil engineers are listed below:
• Hindustan Construction Company (HCC)
• National Buildings Construction Corporation
Civil Engineer Salary in India:
An entry level candidate may receive the salary package of around INR 3 lacs per annum. These candidates can earn high salary package in both government and the private sector. Experience highly influences the remuneration of a candidate.
- The eligibility criterion to pursue this course is to clear 10+2 examination or equivalent examination in Science with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- To get an admission at IIT’s, the student needs to clear Joint Entrance Exam (JEE).