B. Tech. - Electrical Engineering Admission 2018 & Top Colleges
Bachelor of Technology or B.Tech in Electrical Engineering is a 4 years full-time undergraduate programme in the field of engineering. The course follows a semester system with a total of 8 semesters. There are 2 semesters in each academic year. It is mandatory for the students to qualify each semester separately for the successful completion of course.The tuition fee for this course ranges in between INR 4 to 10 lacs.
Electrical Engineering is that branch of engineering which deals with the study and applications of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism. The course provides the strong foundation to students wishing to pursue their career in electrical engineering. Students can check here the semester-wise syllabus break-up of electrical engineering. The subjects included in B.Tech electrical engineering syllabus may vary from college to college.
B.Tech Electrical Engineering syllabus
Here you can find the detail syllabus of B.tech electrical engineering 2018. The subjects of the course may vary from college to college.The program structure includes the following subjects:
|5||Basic Electrical and Electronics|
|7||Electrical and Electronics Lab|
|8||Computer Programming Lab|
|3||Electromagnetic Field Theory|
|4||DC Machines and Transformers|
|5||Analog and Digital Electronics|
|6||Power Generation Engineering|
|7||Electrical Machine Lab|
|1||Linear Integrate Circuit|
|2||Electrical Measurement and Instrumentation|
|3||Synchronous and Asynchronous Machines|
|4||Control System Engineering|
|7||Electrical Measurement and Instrumentation Lab|
|1||Power Transmission and Distribution|
|2||Power Electronics and Drives|
|3||Thermal and Hydraulic Equipment|
|5||Nuclear and Hydro Power Plant|
|7||Control System Engineering Lab|
|1||Power System Protection and Switchgear|
|2||High Voltage Engineering|
|3||Power System Analysis and Stability|
|5||Renewable Energy Technology|
|1||Electrical Machine Design|
|2||Utilization and Industrial Electronics|
|3||Simulation of Electrical Systems|
|4||Project Management and Contract Administration|
|5||Demand Side Management|
|6||Automation in Power System|
|7||Power Plant Maintenance Practice|
|1||Advanced Power Transmission System|
|2||Renewable Energy Technology and Co generation|
|3||Energy Conservation, Audit and regulatory Issues|
|4||HSE for Power Industry|
B.Tech Electrical Engineering Colleges 2018
Following are the top electrical engineering colleges in India
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- Anna University
- VIT University
Admission Procedure for B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
- Students will be selected for admission in btech electrical engineering on the basis of entrance exam conducted at national, state and University level.
- For providing admission into undergraduate engineering courses, most of the colleges consider JEE Main scores which is the national level entrance test conducted by CBSE.
- Those who have the desire for pursuing this course from IITs have to qualify JEE Advanced.
- UPESEAT, VITEEE, BITSAT, SRMJEEE, MU-OET, BCECE, JCECE some other entrance exams conducted for providing admission into this course.
- Selection would be made on the basis of rank obtained in entrance test.
- Seats to the qualified candidates will be allotted during the counselling sessions.
Job Opportunities for Electrical Engineers in India
Electrical engineering provides promising and bright future to the candidates. There is a great scope of electrical engineering in India and foreign countries. The career growth is really good in this field. After electrical engineering, jobs are available in private as well as public sector.
Students who have completed B.Tech in electrical engineering may either opt job or go for higher studies in the same field. Students have the option to further pursue M.Tech after earning B.Tech degree in electrical engineering.
Electrical engineers are employable by various industries such as
- IT industries,
- Telecommunication industries,
- Power generation industries,
- Plant engineering departments,
- Petroleum industry,
- Chemical industry,
- Steel industry,
- electrical equipment
- systems manufacturing
The qualified candidates of electrical engineering are hired as
- Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Design Engineer
- Engineering Associate
- Electrical Sales Engineer
The major companies where electrical engineers can be placed are as follows
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
- Reliance Power Limited
Salary Offered to Electrical Engineers
At a fresher level, an electrical engineer may get annual salary package of around Rs 3 to 4 lacs.The salary will depend upon the factors like job location, experience, job profile and skills possessed by the candidate.