BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test) is one of the most popular engineering entrance examination conducted by Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani. BITSAT is organized annually for the students, who want to take admissions in integrated degree programs.There are 3 campuses of BITS, i.e. each in Pilani, Hyderabad, and Goa. Students qualified in BITSAT are eligible to get admissions in these three campuses on the basis of merit. Every year, lakhs of students appear in exam and compete for the 2000 seats from all over India.
BITSAT is a National Level Examination, therefore organized in around 51 cities across India. There is also an overseas center in Dubai for NRI’s and other outside students.The official notification of BITSAT 2019 has been released by BITS, Pilani. As per the information, BITSAT 2019 exam will be held in between 16th May to 31st May 2019. In this post, you will get all the detailed information related to BITSAT 2019 exam which includes BITSAT 2019 eligibility criteria, BITSAT 2019 important dates, BITSAT exam pattern, BITSAT 2019 syllabus, BITSAT 2019 application form.
Aspirants of BITSAT 2019 have to fulfill the below mentioned BITSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- Age Limit:
• Candidates, who are appearing in BITSAT 2019, must have a minimum age of 21 years as on 1st August 2018. Upper age limit for BITSAT 2019 is 32 years.
• There will be upper age limit relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC categories.
- Education Qualification:
• Candidates should have completed 10+2/equivalent examination from a recognized board with at least 75% marks.
• Candidates should have the core subjects of either PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Math) or PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology).
• Students, who have passed their 10+2 in 2016 are also eligible to appear in BITSAT 2019.
Here is the list of BITSAT 2019 important dates:
The online application process of BITSAT 2019 starts: 5th January 2019
The online application process of BITSAT 2019 ends: 20th March 2019
Editing allowed in the application till 22nd – 25th March 2019
Exam Center allotment date: 27th March 2019
Slot Booking Dates: 23rd March – 5th April 2019
Hall Ticket release dates: 28th March to 8th April 2019
BITSAT 2019 exam date : 16th May – 31st May 2019
The date for the application for admissions with 10+2 marks and preference: 1st May – 18th June 2019
Merit List and Waiting List release date: 20th June 2019
BITSAT 2019 Admit Card will be out on 12th April 2019. You can download the Admit Card till 10th May 2019 from the official website of BITSAT. Admit Card contains all the details regarding the candidate and exam. You will not be allowed to sit for the exam if you will not carry the Admit Card on exam day.
BITSAT 2019 Application Form:
BITSAT 2019 Application form is available on the official website of BITSAT. Candidates, who wish to apply for BITSAT 2019 exam, must fill the online application form. You can fill BITSAT 2019 Application form till 13th March 2019.
• First of all, candidates need to open the official website of BITSAT ,i.e. www.bitsadmission.com
• Now select ‘Apply for BITSAT Exam 2019’ link.
• Read out the given instructions carefully.
• Now click on ‘Apply Online’ Tab.
• Enter all the relevant details regarding the candidate like name, address, qualification details, mobile number, email id, exam center city etc. and proceed further.
• Upload your latest passport size color photograph and signature.
• Now pay the application fee of the exam through online mode via Debit/Credit Card/Net banking.
• Now submit the application form and note down the application number for future use.
• Also, take out the print out of submitted application form.
BITSAT 2019 Application Fee details are as follows:
• BITSAT 2019 Application Fee for female candidates is Rs 1700.
• Rest of the candidates have to pay Rs 2200.
• For Dubai center, Application Fee would be Rs 3000.
• There is online mode of fee payment through Debit/Credit Card and Net Banking.
• You can also pay the Application Fee offline at the cash counters of ICICI banks.
• BITSAT 2019 is a computer-based exam.
• BITSAT 2019 question paper comprises of 150 questions.
• Each question carries 3 marks.
• Exam duration of BITSAT 2019 is 3 hours.
• There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for every wrong answer.
• BITSAT Exam Pattern is totally based on NCERT’s 11th and 12th standard.
• There are 4 sections to be included in question paper which includes English and Logical, Maths, Chemistry and Physics.
Section-wise detail of BITSAT 2019 exam pattern is as follows:
No. of Questions
English and Logical Reasoning
15 and 10
BITSAT 2019 syllabus details on the basis of each section is as follows:
- English Proficiency:
• Verbal Ability
• Verbal Reasoning
• Words Formation
• Theme Detection
• Fill in the Blanks
• Subject Verb Agreement
• Jumbled Sentences
• Idioms and Phrases
• Comprehension Passage
• Atomic Structure
• Hydrogen and s-block elements
• Chemical Kinetics
• Theoretical Principles of Experimental States of Matter
• Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen
• Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbon
• Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
• Biological, Industrial and Environmental Chemistry
• Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
• Magnetic Effects of Currents
• Heat and Thermodynamic
• Electronics Device
• Mechanism of Solids and Fluids
• Rotational Motion
• Work and Energy
• Units and Measurements
- Logical Reasoning:
• Alpha Numeric Sequence Puzzle
• Linear and Matrix arrangement
• Binary Logic
• Verbal Reasoning
• Non-verbal Reasoning
• Alphabet Test
• Eligibility Test
• Blood Relations
• Series Completion
• Logical Venn Diagrams
• Arithmetical Reasoning
• Number and Letter Series
Upcoming Entrance Exam
Related Entrance Exam
- Application Date
13th April 2019
- Exam Date
- Result Date