JEE Advanced is the second stage of JEE mains, conducts by the seven zonal IITs with guidance from the Joint Admission Board (JAB) to offer admission to the qualifier candidates in IITs and ISM into undergraduate courses inEngineering, Architecture, Science, or Pharmaceutics. Only 2.24 Lakh ranks holder(Including all categories) in JEE main are eligible to appear for this exam. This year IIT Kanpur is responsible for conducting JEE advance. In addition, it will take place on May 20th, 2019.
The registration procedure will start tentatively from 2nd Week of April 2019 and candidate need to submit the form before the first Week of May 2019. Moreover, it consists two papers i.e. paper 1 and paper 2 but both will be held online mode (Computer Based Exam).
It is essential for the candidate to keep track of all the important date as it helps them to be aware of all the exam’s events. Following is the description of all the important dates:
- The registration for JEE Advanced 2019 will be start from April 2019.
- Closing date of registration will be tentatively May 2nd Week, 2019.
- Paper 1 will be start from 09 AM – 12 Noon and paper 2 will be start from 02 PM- 05 PM on May 20th , 2019
- Display of ORS Responses Online will be June 1st Week, 2019
- Review Petition of scanned responses will be on June 1st Week 2019.
- Online display of answer key will be on June 1st Week, 2019
- Reporting of queries against Answer Keys will be June 1st Week, 2019
- Declaration of result will be on June 2nd Week, 2019, 10 AM
- Architecture Aptitude Test will be on June 2nd Week, 2019.
- Declaration of Results of AAT will be June 3rd Week, 2019
- Seat Allotment Process will start from June 3rd Week- July 2nd Week 2019
- Type of Exam National Level Exam
Candidate who is among the top 2, 24,000 ranks in the JEE main 2018 are eligible to apply for JEE advanced but the percentage required for each category is different such as
General category - 50.5%
- OBC-NCL candidates – 27%,
- SC candidates – 15%,
- ST candidates – 7.5%,
- Pwd candidates - 3%.
Note: Moreover, both the Indian and foreign candidate are eligible to apply for JEE advanced if they will meet the following eligibility criteria.
Age Limit: Candidates must born on or after October 1, 1992( 5 year relaxation for SC, ST and Pwd candidate)
No. of Attempts: At most 2 attempts and that too only for 2 consecutive years
Qualification: Candidate must have cleared 12th class boards with all the subjects for the first time in either 2018 or 2019
Earlier admissions in IITs/ISM:
- Candidates who have paid seat acceptance fee but did not report at the reporting ccenterduring the seat allocation process in 2018 can apply for JEE Advanced 2019.
- Candidates who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2016 are also eligible.
- Candidates who have been admitted in an IIT/ISM in the past are not eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2019.
- Also, candidates who have accepted the IIT/ISM seat by reporting at a reporting centre in the past or whose admission at IITs or ISM was cancelled are not eligible
Following are the steps to participate for the JEE Advanced:
Step1- Candidates have to open the official website of JEE advanced that is www.jeeadv.ac.in/ and enter the JEE main 2019 roll number and date of birth.
Step 2- Candidate has to check the JEE main cutoff marks and if he/she score equals or above it then he/she eligible to fill the JEE advanced application form
Step 3- While filling the application form, candidates is required to submit few important certificate and documents such as a recent color photograph, birth certificate, 10th or 12th class mark sheet, scanned copy of signature and, categorical certificate( for OBC-NCL) Scanned copy of left-hand thumb impression
Step 4- All scanned certificates should be in JPG/JPEG format
Step 5- At the time of registration, candidate has to fill the exam city from the given options and the medium of exam as per their preference
Step 6- After filling the application form, candidate has to create a new password for JEE advanced 2018
Step 7- Once the candidate will fill the application form, he/she have to pay the registration fee.
Step 8-The application fees will be 1300 for SC, ST, PWD or female candidates and 2600 for other category candidates.
Step 9-Once candidate will complete fee procedure, they can download there admit card through the official site of JEE advanced by providing their roll numbers and date of birth on a specific date.
Following is the pattern of JEE advanced:
- There will be two papers in JEE advanced i.e. paper 1 and paper 2
- Both the paper will be based on offline mode
- Both papers will be divided into three section namely, physic, chemistry and mathematics
- The question paper will be either in English or in Hindi as per the option selected by candidates at the time of registering for the exam. All questions will be based on multiple choice questions
- Candidates will be provided with Optical Response Sheet (ORS) to record their answers
- The paper will contain 90 question, 4 marks for each question
- Candidate will get 4 marks for each correct answer and There will be negative marking in some parts of the question paper.It is essential for a candidate to appear for both papers as ranking will be based on both papers.
Upcoming Entrance Exam
Related Entrance Exam
- Application Date
13th April 2019
- Exam Date
- Result Date