ANM Nursing course is gaining popularity for its positive prospects. With new diseases are being identified the need of nurses to assist doctors are high on demand. ANM course gives you probabilities to be a part of the medical team and assist under some well-known doctors. The career in nursing requires loads of patience and alertness. If you think you are meant for this stream and want to be part of rush and hush hospital life then start your career with this course. In this article, we have mentioned all the ANM course details with its admission process, top colleges, career prospects and much more. Read the complete information below.
ANM Nursing Course Details
Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery course abbreviated as ANM is 2 to 1 and the half years of duration. It is the undergraduate course certificate level course in which students are trained to assist past or live medical cases. They further learn to operate and taking care of equipment, setting up operation theatre, providing medicine to the patient and checking their health recovery. The course deals with the hardcore medical stream covering medicine and healthcare components.
ANM Nursing Course Highlights
|Examination mode||Semester wise|
|Eligibility Criteria||12th Pass Students|
|Admission Procedure||Entrance Exam/Merit|
ANM Course Subjects
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Biological Science
- Behavioral Science
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- First Aid
The course makes students capable of exploring employment possibilities in medical colleges, Nursing Home, Self Clinic, Medical Content writing, healthcare etc. The first academic phase is the year-long process. The second phase covers 6 months of hardship on an internship which mandatory. After completion of the course, candidates have to register themselves with the State Nurse registration council so that they are legalized to practice their profession as a nurse.
Top Colleges Offering ANM Nursing Course
After knowing about the course the second step is to search for a good college. We always suggest that students must go for top colleges that have authenticity and are registered with the Nursing Council of India so that students can get better opportunities. Below mentioned is the list of top 10 colleges offering ANM course in India. Students can go through the table and pick the college for their choice.
- Rajiv Gandhi Paramedical Institute, Delhi
- DITPMS, Delhi
- Sai Institute Of Nursing -Dehradun
- Noida International University – [NIU]
- Care College of Nursing, Haridwar
- Combined (P.G.) Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Dehradun
- Om Paramedical and Technical Education, Delhi
- Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Moradabad
- Parul University, Vadodara
- Kailash Institute of Nursing & Paramedical Sciences, Greater Noida
- Adarsh College of Nursing, Patiala
- Yashraj Colleges of Nursing, Kanpur
- Dharampal Singh Degree College, Baghpat
- Salokaya College Of Nursing, Delhi
ANM Nursing Course Admission Process
ANM course Admission process is simple and is done through the counselling of state /national level entrance examination or examination conducted by colleges itself. It is done directly in few colleges through management quota or on the merit based on the qualifying marks. Aspirants must check course eligibility criteria of a particular course.
ANM Nursing Course Eligibility Criteria
- 12th from a recognized board.
- Students must have PCB as the subjects.
- Students must have scored a minimum 50% marks and 45% marks SC/ST/OBC candidates.
ANM Nursing Course Fees
ANM nursing course fees depend on conditions like:
- Whether the college is government or private college
- Ranking of the college
- Facilities provided by the college or any other additional educational activity or course provided.
An average ANM course fees start from 45000 P/A or it varies from college to college including security fee and other admission charges.
Scope And Career In ANM Nursing Course
As mentioned ANM course is Diploma course and offers you with a variety of job opportunities. The requirement of good and skilled nurses are high on demand. Being a diploma course ANM has strong career possibilities which allow candidates to work across private and government industries, nursing homes and in defence. Candidates can also achieve more reform career possibilities by doing B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic) which degree course in Nursing and then higher education like PhD or M.Phil. ANM professionals can work as Clinical Nurse Specialists, Legal Nurse Consultant, Forensic Nurse, Madam In- Charge and Helper, Teacher and Junior Lecturer, Travelling nurse and many other posts. They are also being hired by some top recruiters such as :
- Indian Red Cross
- Indian Nursing Council
- State Nursing Council
- Kailash Hospital
- Max Hospital
- Fortis Hospital
Jobs After Completing ANM Course
- Clinical Nurse Specialist – Clinical Nurse is specialists in a particular genre like gerontology, cardiovascular health or public policy. They are appointed to assist specialized doctors and also take care of the management of clinics, medical centers, health centers etc. The salary of clinical nurse specialists is around 2 to 4 lakh/A.
- Professor /Lecturer– After ANM course candidates work on the designation of a professor. They can teach in any medical college who is offering an ANM course and also can express their knowledge in the form of scholarly articles, research and instruct in the area of specialization. Salary of a professor is between 2 lakh to 4 lakh P/A.
- Forensic Nurse – Forensic nurses do not perform duties that are significantly related to basic medical cases. They play an assorted role like taking care of a victim of assaults, child and adult abuse, domestic abuse, neglect and sexual crimes. The nurses gather secure evidence to make the case more clear. Their salary goes from 3 lakh to 4 lakh P/A.
- Travelling Nurse – Traveling nurse help the sick or patients who are homebound. These nurses travel hospitals, homes, clinics and schools to treat patients. They also help in medical offices in staff deficiencies. The salary of a travelling nurse is 4 lakh to 7 lakh P/A.
- Legal Nurse Consultant – Legal nurse consultant is a registered nurse attendant offer medical data to legal entities to the experts about a particular case. They are responsible for arranging medical care, surveying medical records and preparing reports of diseases/sufferings. The salary of a particular course is 1 lakh to 4 lakh P/A.
Other Job Titles after ANM Course
- Receptionist & Entry Operator
- Brand Representative & Hyper
- Sale purchase Assistant
- Emergency Room Nurse & Midwife Nurse
Some Recruiting areas for ANM Nurses
- Rural Health Centers
- Government Hospitals
- Old Age homes
- Government health schemes
- Community health centre
- Government dispensaries
What Next After ANM Nursing Course?
If you are thinking of higher studies after ANM course then you can pick up the more valuable course. You can go for courses like:
- GNM(General Nursing and Midwifery)
- M.Sc Nursing
- PG Diploma in Nursing
- PG Certificate in Nursing
Theses degree/ certificate level courses will open a wide variety of strong career opportunities. Higher degree boosts your career platform and can provide job opportunities for international organizations.
Note – A basic salary of ANM professionals start from 2 lakh P/A and reaches even 10 lakh P/A. The salary increases with the increase in experience. The more experience the more strong employment chances. We advise every ANM student to pursue their internship seriously as for a good job one need to have strong practical skills.
ANM Nursing Course Syllabus
Candidates can check the ANM Nursing Course syllabus so that they are prior aware of the subjects of this particular course.
- Community Health Nursing
- Health Promotion
- Primary Healthcare Nursing
- Nursing I (Prevention of Diseases and restoration)
- Child Health Nursing
- Health Centre Management