• If you are a kind of person, who is highly passionate about data and numbers, Data Analytics is one of the best career options for you.
• It is a big challenging task that needs a high level of smart and intended efforts in order to put the things in a streamlined way.
• There is a huge demand for the Data Analytics professionals in India. According to a recent Big Data salary report, India’s analytics industry, at the moment, is around $2 billion and it is expected to grow at the rate of 24% in coming years.
• Data Analytics is the science of inspecting raw data in order to find new ways and conclusions related to the information they contain with the aid of specialized software and systems.
• Data Analytics techniques and technologies are generally used in commercial industries to allow organizations to manage their business decisions. Scientists and researchers are also used Data Analytics to approve or disapprove their scientific models and theories.
Eligibility Criteria to became Data Analytics
• You should first complete your 10+2 in any stream as there is not any specific stream requirement for this career option.
• In Graduation, you can either go with BA, B.com, BStats, BE, BSc and B.Tech. Preferably, your subjects in graduation should be among Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Econometrics, Finance, HR, IT and Marketing.
• For Post-Graduation, you could pursue MA, M.Sc. MStats or M.Tech.
• Apart from these basic education requirements, you should also proficient in some essential tools and software such as Apache Hadoop, No SQL, Machine Learning, SQL, Statistical and Quant Analysis, Programming languages like Java, C, and Python.
Popular Courses to became Data Analytics:
• Post-Graduation Program in Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
• Bachelors of Business Analytics and Intelligence
• Postgraduate Diploma in Business Analytics
• Certificate Program in Predictive Business Analytics
• Executive Program in Business Analytics
• Postgraduate Program in Business Analytics.
• Business Intelligence and Big Data
• PG Diploma Program in Data Analytics
Colleges/Universities offering Courses related to Data Analytics:
Here is the list of some popular colleges/Universities, who provide courses related to Data Analytics:
• Great Lakes Institute of Management
• IIM (Indian Institute of Management) – Bangalore
• IIM – Calcutta
• ISI – Kolkata
• IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) – Kharagpur
• Bridge School of Management, Gurgaon
• Praxis Business School, Kolkata
• Narsee Monjee School of Management (NMIMS), Bangalore
• IIM Kozhikode
Job Profiles of Data Analytics
In terms of job profiles in Data Analytics, there are numerous options from which one can choose as per their likes and preferences. Some of them are as follows:
• Data Analytics Consultant
• Data Analytics Architect
• Data Engineer
• Analytics Associate
• Business Intelligence and Analytics Consultant
• Metrics and Analytics Specialist
• Data Scientist
You can either join as the above-mentioned roles either in public or private sector. Some biggest Tech giants around the world like IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, Opera, GoodData, Domo and much more are taking services of Data Analytics professional over the years and there are huge opportunities are coming in the years.
Skills required to become data analytics :
Some basic but essential skills required to be a successful Data Analyst are as follows:
• Problem-solving skills
• Analytical thinking
• Team player
• Good Communications and listening skills
• Able to work for long duration
• Decision-making skills
• Quick learner
Data Analytics Salary in India:
• An average salary of A Data Analyst is around 5 lakh per annum. This may differ according to the city. In Mumbai, Data Analytics is being paid Rs 12 lakh per year, while in Delhi NCR, it is around 9.5 lakh per annum.
• The average package of a Data Analytics Specialist in India is approx. 4 lakh per annum. People acquiring more experience in this profile can go to the highest levels.
• As a Data Analytics Consultant, on an average, you can earn around 8.8 lakh per annum.
• If you have master’s degree, you can earn around 14 lakh per annum as Data Analytics Manager.