CLAT (Common Admission Test) 2019 is National Level examination organized for the students, who want to pursue law as a career option. It is conducted by 18 National Law Universities (NLUs) on the rotational basis in India. After qualifying CLAT, candidates can take admission in various degree and post-degree programs such as BA LLB (Hons), BSc LLB (Hons), BSW LLB (Hons), BBA LLB (Hons), B Com LLB (Hons) and LLM.
In total, there are 632 LLM and 2352 LLB seats for which thousands of students across the country appear in CLAT. This exam is conducted only in online mode since 2016.
CLAT 2019 exam notification has been released and this time, it will be organized on May 13, 2019.
In this post, we will provide each and every detail regarding CLAT 2019 that include Application form, registration process, Application requirements, exam date, exam centers, CLAT 2019 exam syllabus and CLAT exam eligibility etc.
Here we are sharing CLAT 2019 important dates, which are very crucial for the aspirants who are preparing for CLAT 2019:
• Date of release of notification – 4th week of December 2018
• Online Application starts – 1st December 2019
• Last date of online application submission – 4th week of March 2018
• Admit Card issuing date – 3rd Week of April 2019
• CLAT 2019 exam date–13th May 2019
• Publishing of Answer Key – 3rd week of May 2019
• Result announcement – 4th week of May 2019
• Counselling starts - 1st week of June 2019
• Admission process closes – 1st week of July 2019
• For General/OBC/ PwD and other candidates – Rs 4000
• For SC/ST category candidates – Rs 3500
Note: Application fee should be either pay online via Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking or offline via e-Challan of ICICI Bank.
To apply for CLAT 2019 examination, candidates have to fil lCLAT 2019 Application form through online mode. Here we have provided some important steps to fill CLAT 2019 Application form.
- First of all, to register with CLAT 2019, candidates have to visit the official website of CLAT and open the link for an online application.
- Select the course/program for which you want to apply.
- Candidates need to fill the necessary details like full name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, email ID, mobile number etc.
- After submitting these details, candidates will get an application number along with the registration slip.
- Candidates will receive their login username and password and Application form via email/SMS. Please fill the details carefully as you will not get another chance to correct the details once it is submitted.
- Now, candidates have to fill CLAT 2019 Application form. Fill the necessary details like full address, qualification and ‘NLU Preference Code’.
- Upload your latest scanned colored photograph (up to 100 KB), signature (upto 100 KB) and date of birth certificate (150 KB). Photograph and signature should be in JPEG format, while date of birth certificate should in PDF format.
- Now candidates need to select the exam center. They can select three choice preference and will get the exam center as per the seat availability.
- Submit the Application fee either through online mode via Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking or offline mode via e-Challan. Visit any branch of ICICI Bank and submit the fees.
- After submitting the fees, candidates are advised to keep the Application fee copy for future reference.
Here we are providing you the details regarding CLAT 2019 eligibility:
For Undergraduates Courses:
• There is no age limit (lower or upper) restrictions for the candidates to apply for CLAT 2019 exam.
• Candidates must have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized University with at least a minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates).
• Candidates, who are appearing in their 12th examination can also appear in this exam, but they have to show the proof of passing the qualifying examination during the admission process.
For Post Graduate Courses:
• There is no upper age limit for the candidates appearing in CLAT 2019.
• Candidates have to qualify L.L.B. or five-year integrated L.L.B. (Hons)/any other equivalent examination.
• Candidates should have to score 55% marks to qualify for post-graduate courses. For SC/ST/OBC and PwD, minimum percentage is 50%.
• Candidates, who are appearing in the final year examination, can also take part in CLAT 2019.
Note: Exam Center Candidates have to choose their preferred exam center at the time of filling an application form. The final allotment of exam center will be done by the examination authority only.
Type of Exam
National Level Exam
CLAT 2019 syllabus plays a really important role in preparing for the exam, so we are giving you the topics which you need to cover.
English including Comprehension:
- English vocabulary that consists synonyms, analogies, antonyms and analogies.
- English proficiency that consists fill in the blanks, one word substitution, cloze tests, sentence improvement, idiom and phrases, jumbled sentences, rearrangement of sentences.
- English usage errors including spot the error and correct the sentences, use of correct word and spelling mistakes.
- Under English comprehension section, candidates will be given a paragraph on which various questions will be asked accordingly.
GK and Current Affairs:
- For GK, candidates are advised to focus on current GK along with latest happening around the world.
- You should regularly follow and read popular GK books like Pratiyogita Darpan and Manorma Yearbook.
- Candidates should also read English newspapers on regular basis.
- Fundamental of mathematics
- Ratio and Proportion
- HCM and HCF
- Surds and Indices
- Number System
- Interest Calculations
- Profit and Loss
- Legal Aptitude consists of 5o questions that will be asked form legal principles/facts/propositions.
- Candidates should prepare accordingly.
According to CLAT 2019, exam pattern duration of the exam will be of 2 hours.
• CLAT 2019 is an online exam comprises of 200 questions of multiple choice.
• Marks distribution of CLAT 2019 as per different topics are as follows:
English including Comprehension
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)
Total No. of Questions
Note: Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for every correct answer.
Tips and Tricks How to crack CLAT Exam
- Candidate must practice the sample paper and previous year’s papers, in order to analyse their strength and weakness
- Try to attempt all questions that you know
- At the last moment of exam, just do some questions or revise formulae/scientific names etc. that you have done before
- Get complete knowledge of the CLAT syllabus through its official website or any other sources
- Candidates had to carry a copy of documents on the day of the examination and submit the same to the invigilator at the examination center.
- One day before CLAT, do not study anything new
- Don’t stay awake till late night, try to sleep early before the exam
- Try to reach center at least 45 min before the exam
Upcoming Entrance Exam
Related Entrance Exam
- Application Date
13th April 2019
- Exam Date
- Result Date