Updated On - February 19th 2020, Updated By - swati singh
Game Designer Career in India 2020-21, Details, Jobs & Average salary
Game Designing is one of the most upcoming Courses for the students who wanted to make a Game Designer Career in India in animation. The gaming industry is rapidly growing at a pace of 50% per annum. There is a very wide and bright future in game design in India.
- Due to less PC penetration, the game industry did not grow the way industry grow in the world. Nasscom estimates that India’s gaming industry will reach approx 1 billion. Now Smartphone penetration leading the way,
- We all know that India’s one-third population age is below 35. This age group is the main target audience for the gaming industry. This makes India’s world-leading market for the gaming industry.
- India is on 18th rank in the global gaming industry, making a revenue of $422 Million every year.
- If you wanted to make a career in the gaming industry, you can choose it with full confidence.
Game Designer Courses In India
There are various institutes which offer diploma, degree & certificate courses to become a game designer. A few popular courses are mention below…….
Diploma courses in Game Designing
Diploma-Professional-Certification Courses in Animation
Diploma in Game Design and Integration
Advanced Diploma in Game Art & 3D Game Content Creation
Professional Diploma in Game Art
Diploma in Production Gaming
|Game Art And Design||1 Year|
Degree Courses In Game Designing
|Bachelor of Fine Arts (Design Arts)||3 to 4 years|
|BSc in Animation Game Design and Development||2 to 3 years|
|Bachelor of Science in Gaming||2 to 4 years|
|Bachelors in Media Animation & Design (BMAD)||2 - 3 Years|
Certificate Courses In Game Designing
|Programs Game Art||9 to 15 months|
|Certificate Course in Window Game Programming ( Web and Mobile)||3 - 6 Months|
|Certificate course in Game Art & Design||9 to 15 months|
The success of Gaming companies in mobile Gaming industries has led a lot of individuals in Game designing and Game Programming career. Multinational companies are setting shops and institutions thus, opportunities are opening. To specialize in Gaming, it is a good idea to pursue an Advance degree or diploma courses in Gaming, such as:
|Master of Design (Communication Design)||2 Years|
|Advanced Diploma in Game Art & 3D Game Content Creation||1 year|
|Professional Certificate course in Games Art||9 to 12 Months|
|Master of Design (Communication Design)||1 to 2 Years|
Best Way to Start :
After 10+2, students in all streams can pursue the courses in gaming without requiring entrance exam they can join diploma & degree courses. In gaming the popular streams are:
Top Colleges To Become A Game Designer In India
- The Indian Institute of Digital Art & Animation (IIDAA), Kolkata
- Maeer's MIT Institute of Design, Pune
- Backstage Pass Institute of Gaming and Technology (BPIGT), Hyderabad
- Creative Mentors Animation College (CMAC), Hyderabad
- Global Institute of Gaming & Animation (GIGA), Chennai
- ANITECH College of Technology and Management (ANITECH), Bangalore
- Image Institute of Multimedia Animation and Graphic Effects (IIMAGE), Himayat
- Asian Institute of Gaming and Animation (AIGM), Bangalore
- iPixio Design College (IDC), Bangalore
- Seamedu School of Pro-Expressionism (SSPE), Pune
- Anibrain School of Media Design (ASMD), Pune
- Zee Institute of Creative Art (ZICA), Mumbai
- Haldia Institute of Management (HIM), Haldia
Career Scope in Game Designing Course
The gaming industry is about switching to new technologies, such as software design, programming, art or animation, and working methods, so an ability to manage to learn and keep up to date with technological developments is essential for personal computers, games consoles, social/online games, tablets, Smartphones, and other hand-held devices.
You work as:
- Game Designer
- Game programmer
- Audio engineer;
- artist, including concept artist, animator, and 3D modeler
- Special 3d effects Artist
- Software Engineer
- Sr. Software Engineer / Developer / Programmer
- Software Developer, Games
- Video Game Programmer
- Video Game Designer
- Game Quality assurance tester
- The exact work you carry out will vary depending on your specialist area but it may include:
- Conducting design reviews
- Designing game mechanics
- Creating prototypes for staff and management
- Working on 2D or 3D animation software, such as Maya
- Working on audio features of the game
- Game programming languages such as C++
- Quality testing games in a systematic manner
- Typical starting salaries for artists/animators and programmers in games development are around 3 lakh to 7 lakh INR. The salary depends on a number of factors such as their talent and company profile but usually, it is exceptionally high!
- Game designer earns about 5 lakh INR, Software engineer about 7 lakh INR, 3D Artist about 3 lakh INR, game programmer about 5 lakh INR, Game Tester 2.5 lakh INR, Sr. Software Programmer about 6 lakh INR.
Employment Areas after completing Game Designing Course:
After getting through the course in which you have major, you can work as:
- Teaching in educational institutions
- Marketing and advertising agencies
- Mobile phone companies
- Designing & Programming companies
To be a successful Game Designer or Programmer, skills that count are:
- Technological affinity: 3D Max/ Maya/ XSI, Lightwave 3D, Cinema 4D, etc and computer graphics, data structures
- Knowledge of the game designing software
- Communication and presentation skills
- Understanding game mechanics
- Sense of color, design, visualization
- Skills in cinematography or story writing
- Commercial awareness
- Best Drawing Skills
- Understanding the New age generation
- Skillset for blend the Talent, Technology, and Creativity
- Sound and updated knowledge of People tastes
- Enthusiasm for the games industry
Online Distance Learning
- The good thing about Distance learning and Online course is that they are low cost when comparing to the fee structure of Conventional institutions.
Frequently Asked Question
Ques 1- How to Become a Game Developer in India?
Ans- To become a Game developer, the student should have a bachelor's degree in relevant specialization or background. There are many related programmes available to get a Certificate degree in Computer science, Computer engineering. You can get it online or on the campus.
Interested In Doing Game Designer Courses Through Distance Mode?
Here is the list of universities offering Game Designer courses in distance mode-