Updated On - February 15th 2021, Updated By - Poonam Tiwari
Inspire Scholarship Scheme 2020-21, Eligibility & Rewards, Application Form, Last Date
Inspire Scholarship Scheme 2020-21 is offered for providing higher education by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. This scheme is currently running under Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) for meritorious students pursuing bachelor's and master's courses in Natural and Basic Sciences. Total 10,000 scholarships are offered every year under which each selected student will get INR 80,000 annually for pursuing subjects of Natural and Basic sciences. So willing to apply? Read our whole article below.
Inspire Scholarship 2020-21 Rewards
As mentioned students will be getting maximum benefits of INR 80,000 P/ A for studies. Students can avail of maximum benefits for five years or till the time he/ she is not done with a course whichever is earlier. Inspire Scheme will offer its students the following benefits –
Cash to the selected students – Cash INR 60,000
INR 20,000 for summertime attachment fees paid to the candidates taking summer time research project. Candidates have to take a summer research project under the guidance of a researcher who is active with their research in a recognized center of India.
Inspire Scholarship Scheme 2020-21 Important Dates
- Online applications – 1st November 2020
- Application closing date-31st December 2020
- Selected scholars merit – April/ May
Note – These are tentative dates and are subject to change.
Inspire Scholarship Scheme 2020-21 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have passed 12th in 2020 and must be studying B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Natural Science.
- Must be between 17 to 22 years of age.
- Candidates must come under 1% of successful students with strong academic background.
- They must have enrolled themselves in Natural and Basic Sciences doing B.Sc, BS, and integrated M.Sc./ MS level in the same year when they have passed 12th.
- Applicants must be top 10,000 rankers in Joint Entrance Examination of IIT, AIEEE( top 20,000 rankers), and would have cleared CBSE –Medical (AIPTM) and must be studying natural/ basic sciences.
- Students studying at Indian Institute of Science and Research (IISER), National Institute of Science, Education, and Research (NISER), Department of Atomic Energy Centre for basic sciences (DAE-CBS) at the University of Mumbai for the courses like B.Sc and M.Sc degree.
- Subjects that come under Scholarship for Higher Education are –
- Marine Biology
- Ocean Sciences
How To Apply For Inspire Scholarship Scheme 2021?
The application to inspire Scholarship for Higher Education is done online. You can apply by following certain instructions –
- Click Here to register yourself as a new user through the official portal.
- After that, you need to click on “New User”.
- Enter your name, gender, date of birth, email, password, eligibility criteria along with a verification code for a hassle-free registration.
- You will receive a user ID and password on your email Id. You click that link and can activate your account.
- You can keep all the documents ready to attach while filling the application form.
- To make further processing you need to log in using ID and password.
- Fill in further details like personal, your course enrollment information about B.Sc or M.Sc integrated, your competitive details, etc.
- Applicants also need to upload all the documents online.
- To check all the details, you need to click on “PRINT PREVIEW”. Check all your details and then submit your application.
- After submitting your application, take a printout of the submitted application for further processing.
Check Some Other Top Scholarship For Indian Students 2020-21
List Of Documents That You Need To Upload
- Your passport size photograph – JPEG format 50kb size
- Community/ Caste certificate if belongs to OBC/ SC/ ST category – PDF format with a size not more than 1 MB
- Eligibility/ advisory note by state/ central board – PDF Format with not size more than 1 MB
- Class 12th mark sheet – PDF format with size not more than 1 MB
- Certificate showing rank in JEE Main /JEE Advanced/NEET/KVPY/JBNSTS/NTSE/International Olympic medalists (if you fall under this category)-PDF format with a size of 1 MB
- Your endorsement form signed by your college principal/ director of the institute/ registrar of the university- PDF format with 1 MB size
- First age for your passbook from SBI bank - PDF format with 1 MB size
Inspire ScholarshipScheme 2020-21 Renewal Process
- If you are applying for renewal you need to have at least 60% marks or a 7.0 /10 scale every year or two-semester.
- If a candidate fails to score the mentioned marks, their scholarship will be canceled. The scholarship will be resumed in the next academic year if the performance is satisfactory.
Terms and Conditions
- Inspire Scholarship 2021 is Awarded for 5 years.
- The form will be rejected if submitted unfilled.
- Students that are not supported like Engineering, Medicine, Military Science, Defence Studies, Agriculture, Psychology, seed technology, anthropology, home science, geography, economics, education(B.Sc, B.Ed) dual degree. Biotechnology, computer science, computer applications, bioinformatics, instrumentation, information technology, physical education, long-distance courses at open universities, and other professional courses.
- Must have a bank account in SBI (only in the name of the applicant).
- It is should be mentioned by the head of the institute about the performance on the report for the current academic year.
- The scholarship will be disseminated only after checking the performance of the student in the current year.
- Candidates getting any other scholarship are not eligible to apply.
Note – The selection process usually takes four months to choose deserving applicants.
Other Inspire Scholarships
Besides giving a scholarship for higher education, there are two other endowments that is running under INSPIRE –
- INSPIRE Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent for Science - It aims at encouraging talented students who are young and willing to showcase talent in science. They are given awards and internships under this program.
- INSPIRE Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC) – It inspires young scientists to strengthen the research and development base. It is subdivided into two elements which include –
INSPIRE Fellowship and INSPIRE Faculty Award.