Scope of Computer Science in India
• Computer Science is one of the popular and fastest growing career options for most of the undergraduate and post-graduate students of India. Due to its highly paid job oriented sector, individuals attract towards this lucrative field.
• Computer Science is a stream that solely deals with the designing, implementing and management of hardware and software. A Computer Science professional is known as Computer Engineer who is responsible for computation and designing of systems.
• A Computer Engineer is not only a keen learner of different software aspect of technology but also have in-depth knowledge of programing language, operating system, and database.
• With the increase in digitalization over the years, Information Technology and Computer Science have seen rapid growth in the country. There is high-end demands for the Computer Science professionals and various IT companies are employing a huge number of professionals.
• A Computer Science graduate can either work in a public sector organization or high-end MNC IT companies. IT sector in India is currently in booming phase, so there are plenty of jobs for freshers as well as experienced personnel.
After finishing your degree in Computer Science and Engineering, you can kickstart your career in various fields such as Telecommunications, Database Management, MNC’s, Computer hardware and software maintenance, Website Designing, Gaming Industries and embedded systems.
Computer Science is a broad field and one can work with private as well as public sector with loads of opportunities. Some reputed companies/organizations where Computer Science professionals can work are TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Accenture, HCL, IBM, Google, Adobe, Oracle, Yahoo and Tech Mahindra.
To become a successful Computer Science professional, you have to develop some essential and basic skills and abilities which are as follows:
• Critical thinking
• Modern quantitative abilities
• Analytical skills
• Problem solving ability
• Operating systems knowledge
• Knowledge of programing languages
• Statistical analysis
• Team work
• Communication skills
To pursue a career in Computer Science, an individual has to fulfill the below mentioned basic education criteria:
• For undergraduate courses, you have to first complete your 10+2 in Science stream with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Computer Science. Also, you have to score good marks to take admissions in best colleges.
• After completing your 12th standard with the above-mentioned conditions, you are eligible to take admissions in undergraduate courses like B.Tech, B.E etc.
• For post-graduate courses like M.Tech, M.E. you have to finish your B.Tech in Computer Science.
• Apart from engineering, you can also make your career in Computer Science by opting BCA, BSc, MCA, and MSc.
There is a number of roles and job profiles from which you can start your career in Computer Science. Here we have lined up some popular job profiles in Computer Science:
• System Analyst: The main responsibility of a System Analyst is to do research and development related to the existing problems and comes out with solutions. They usually work as a bridge between software development and business development teams.
• Network Engineers: Network Engineers are those Computer Science professionals, who use to involve in the designing, troubleshooting and implementation of computer networks and systems.
• System Designer: System Designers are involved in physical and logical designing of the system. They are responsible for designing structure and characteristics of a system such as input, output, files and database.
• Software Developers: As the name suggests, Software Developers are those professionals, who are into the software development process and their functions include designing, coding, programing and project management.
• Hardware Engineers: Hardware Engineers are involved in designing, development, testing and installation of system hardware such as circuit boards, chips, keyboards, printers, speakers etc.
As I also said earlier that Computer Science is one of the few sectors where youngsters are attracting due to high pay packages in comparison to other sectors.
• A fresh Computer Science graduate can start their career with a salary ranges from15000 to 25000.
• After gaining a minimum of 2 years of experience, they will get upto 40000 to 50000.
• Candidates can also get opportunities in overseas where they get lucrative monetary benefits along with incentives.
• Apart from industries, one can also work as a teacher/professor in school/college/universities and earn upto 40000 plus as a salary with experience.