Scope of Mechanical Engineering in India
- Mechanical Engineering is one of the most popular and traditional branches of Engineering. This branch of Engineering is linked with creating, designing, manufacturing and analyzing of mechanical systems and machinery.
- A Mechanical Engineer builds machines and mechanical devices after applying the basic fundamentals of Science and Mathematics.
- Some of the common functions related to Mechanical Engineering includes Product Design, Research and Development, Manufacturing, System Management and Designing Machines.
- There is a huge demand for Mechanical Engineers at the moment in the country as well as abroad. Mechanical Engineers are mainly required in Manufacturing Industries such as Aviation, Automobiles.
- As per the reports, it will be one of the highest paid career options in the coming years.In this post, you will get all the relevant information related to Mechanical Engineering as a career option for the students.
Sectors where Mechanical Engineers Works:
As a Mechanical Engineer, you can find opportunities in below mentioned sectors:
Skills Required to Become Mechanical Engineer:
Although, there are number of skills required to become a successful Mechanical Engineer but some of the most essential ones are as follows:
• Ability to solve problems with the help of creative mindset and logical approaches.
• Candidate should be highly computer literate with analytical skills.
• Ability to plan and strategize things under strict deadlines and pressure.
• Excellent communication skills to communicate with teams.
• Decision making capabilities.
• Should have an extensive knowledge of current social, health and safety, environment scenarios.
Eligibility Criteria to Become Mechanical Engineer:
Eligibility Criterion to become a Mechanical Engineer is as follow:
• To become Mechanical Engineer, candidates have to hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized Universities.
• However, some Mechanical Engineers can also go for Post Graduate Degree in Engineering/Technology.
• Candidates, who are interested in academics and research, they can pursue Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering.
There are numerous job opportunities in Mechanical Engineering. Some of the most popular Job profiles in Mechanical Engineering are as follows:
• Material Engineer: Material Engineers are responsible for the development, processing and analysis of number of products such as aircraft wings, computer chips, biomedical devices etc.
• Drafters: Drafters are those professionals who have the skills to transform designs and architects into technical drawings.
• Statisticians and Mathematicians: These people use their Mathematicians and Statisticians skills to resolve the problems related to various fields like healthcare, engineering, business etc.
• Nuclear Engineers: Nuclear Engineers use to do research and develop systems which are used to get benefits from radiation and nuclear energy.
• Petroleum Engineers: Petroleum Engineers are responsible for development of methods which are useful to extract petroleum from Earth’s surface.
• Sales Engineers: Sales Engineers are indulged into selling of technological and scientific products and services to businesses.
• A fresh graduate from Mechanical Engineering can start their career with the salary ranges between Rs 10000 to 25000 per month.
• Salary slabs are different as per companies and experience.
• Experienced candidates can go upto Rs 30 to 40 lakhs per annum.
• There is no upper limit of remuneration in the field of Mechanical Engineering.