Scope of Human Resource Management
- The base for any company is manpower. Without manpower, there can be no company, no business or economy. So without human resources there can be no company or business. Human resources play a vital role in the development and sustainability of a company. With the right set of people, a company can do wonders. The field of Human Resources comes under Human Resources Management. Human Resources Management deals with the recruiting, training, handling and administration of all personnel recruited in the company.
- In big companies particularly, in multi- national companies, the Human Resources team plays a very important role and it is the key point with all divisions of the company. The HR Manager is go-to person in times of dilemma and issues related to labor or union. Sometimes, as there are more than one division in a company, there are more than one HR Manager to look after each division, who report to the head of the HR department.
- The Human Resources department ensures the smoothing working the company and takes care of every aspect relating to the employees of the company. The Human resources team must be very careful while selecting the employees as the reputation of a company lies on the shoulder of the people involved. These include background checking, interviewing of prospective employees, promotional tests, developing the necessary job profile amongst the various works of a HR Manager.
- It can be said the entire functionality of a company runs on the basis of the Human Resources team.
- To take Human Resources as a career, the candidate has to complete their 10+2 in any stream, and then apply for any course.
- For undergraduate courses like any stream can be pursued but preferably a degree in economics, business or accounts enables the candidate in the said field.
- For postgraduate courses, one is required to pursue an MBA degree.
A Human Resources Manager has no dearth of employment. The role of a human resources manager has gone beyond its parameters and now Human Resource graduates are being given role specific jobs such as recruitment manager, employer-employee relations manager, union oriented manager, workmen or employee related compensation manager, or even a manager for strategy. A Human Resources manager is given a role in every department of a company whether it is the audit department or the administrative department, it is very essential to have a human resources manager.
Employment for a Human Resources manager can be sought in the following places:
- Multi National Companies
- Corporate houses
- Financial Institutions
- Private sector Industries
- Government industries
To be human resources manager, one must have few basic skills. They are as follows:
- The person should have excellent communication skills as communication is the key to understanding people.
- He should have good observation power in analyzing the upcoming talent to enable the company to go forward
- Good observation skills are required
- The person should be a team player.
- A human resources manager must be calm, constructive and collected as they have to deal with different types of people and temperaments.
- Must possess excellent administrative skills
- Must be aware of the legalities which are involved with a company
- A human resources manager must be extremely flexible to take various inputs and understand which input would be necessary to solve an issue.
- A human resources manager must be friendly and approachable as he deals with a variety of people on a daily basis and not every person is easy going.
- A human resources manager must be patient while dealing with crisis.
- A human resources manager must be very perceptive and eager
- A human resources manager must have quick instincts and basic knowledge of how to handle personal situations
- To pursue a career in Human Resources, the candidate must have completed their 10+2 in any stream.
- Thereafter must apply for any course during graduation and thereafter pursue a master’s course in Human Resources.
The person who will be engaged in the work of a Human Resource Manager has to do the following work:
- He has to deal mainly with people
- He needs to verify and check the profile of each person joining the company
- A Human resource manager must know how to take care of organizational problems.
- As a manager he must know how to shoulder responsibilities
- He must understand which person will fit the job profile
- A manager must be patient and calm while dealing with crisis of any nature relating to the organization
A human resources manager has a flourishing career. Various job opportunities are there in this field.
- A fresher can get a salary approx. Rs.10,000/- to Rs. 25,000/- per month.
- An experienced human resources manager who has been an intrinsic part of a company can earn in lakhs.
- An individual consultant can charge for various packages as per demands.
Banking & Accounts ,Commerce,Finance-And-Insurance-And-Investment,Management