Scope of Customer Relationship Management, Courses, Jobs & Salary
- The business world runs on two things capital and people. Without capital, there is no business and without people, there is no one to trade with. The customer is the king. There is no one more important than the customer and the customer is required to be taken care of.
- Whenever a new service or product is launched in the market, it is required to be tried and tested with the public at large to see its marketability and once the product is duly tested, one looks into the niche of customers to whom do the said products or services apply to?
- It is in this respect a customer and business relationship is cultured and nurtured.
- The concept and study relating to the establishing and maintaining of proper customer relations is known as Customer Relationship Management or CRM in general.
- The Customer Relationship Management program involves various marketing concepts and technique which are based on statistics, research and marketability. Information in regards to sales to the dealings with the support management team are some of the factors that are taken into consideration. Customer dealings and customer handling by personnel are also quite important in the CRM course.
- Customer Relationship is crucial to build a network of loyal customers who for their long-standing relationship with the business are rewarded with special offers making such customers continue with the brand for a longer period.
- CRM deals with the various teams who revolve around making the customer happy and satisfied so as to retain a customer for a long-term, these teams include the customer support team, sales, and marketing divisions of a company.
- By technological means such as email, instant messages, phones, videos and other interfaces, customer relations has taken a whole new direction.
- The main and key factor to customer relationship is the customer. There is no one above the customer and to keep the customer satisfied one must understand what gets the customer’s attention and as accordingly provide offers which are relatable to the customer.
- To take Customer Relationship Management as a career, the candidate has to complete their 10+2 in any stream, and then apply for any course. For undergraduate courses like any stream can be pursued but preferably a degree in economics, business administration or management or even accounts enables the candidate in the said field.
- For postgraduate courses, one is required to pursue an MBA degree in CRM or Marketing after appearing for All India Entrance Exams like CAT, XAT, MAT,etc.
- One can pursue a post graduation diploma course in Customer Relationship Management.
A Customer Relationship Manager has no dearth of employment. Employment can be sought in the following places:
- Multi National Companies
- Corporate houses
- Financial Institutions
- Private sector Industries
- Government industries
To be a customer relationship manager, one must have few basic skills. They are as follows:
- The person should have excellent communication skills as communication is the key to understanding people.
- He should have good observation power in analyzing the situation
- Good observation skills are required
- The person should be a team player.
- A customer relationship manager must be calm, constructive and collected as they have to deal with different types of people and temperaments.
- Must possess excellent administrative skills
- Must be aware of the legalities which are involved with a company
- A customer relationship manager must be extremely flexible to take various inputs and understand which input would be necessary to solve an issue.
- A customer relationship manager must be friendly and approachable as he deals with a variety of people on a daily basis and not every person is easy going.
- A customer relationship manager must be patient while dealing with crisis.
- A customer relationship manager must be very perceptive and eager
- A customer relationship manager must have quick instincts and basic knowledge of how to handle personal situations
- To pursue a career in Customer Relationship Management the candidate must have completed their 10+2 in any stream. Thereafter must apply for any course during graduation and thereafter pursue a master’s course or diploma or certificate course in Customer Relationship Management.
The person who will be engaged in the work of a Customer Relationship Manager has to do the following work:
- He has to have a good idea of how to do deal with people
- He needs to understand the present market conditions
- A customer relationship manager must know how to take care of problems related to the complaint made by a customer.
- As a manager he must know how to shoulder responsibilities
- A manager must be patient and calm while dealing with crisis of any nature relating to any customer.
- A customer relationship manager has a flourishing career. Various job opportunities are there in this field.
- A fresher can get a salary approx. Rs.10,000/- to Rs. 25,000/- per month.
- An experienced customer relationship manager who has been an intrinsic part of a company can earn in lakhs.
- An individual consultant can charge for various packages as per demands.
Banking & Accounts ,Commerce,Finance-And-Insurance-And-Investment,Management