Mass Communication Courses After 12th
Mass communication course is basically a study or process in which an individual, group or organization has transferred any message to the other group of people, individual or organization through a proper channel or medium. Due to the rapid advancement of communication technologies, Mass communication sector is ready to offer numerous job opportunities. In this blog, the student can find top mass communication courses after 12th. We will give details about Job oriented Mass media courses, scope, career, Top Offering colleges, and Jobs.
What Is Mass Communication Course?
Top Mass Communication Courses After 12th
There are numerous Mass communication Courses after 12th. They are divided into degree courses, diploma courses, and certificate courses. When it comes to making a stable career, degree and diploma courses offer better chances to get suitable jobs in the sector. Students can pick any of the mass media courses after 12th that are listed below:
- B.A in Journalism and Mass Communication
- B.A in Mass Communication
- BMC -Bachelor of Mass Communication
- B.A. (Hons.) Mass Communication (B.A.M.C.)
- Bachelors of Mass Media
- Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication + Bachelor of Mass Communication
- B.Sc. in Mass Communication, Journalism, and Advertising
- BA (Hons.) in Media and Communication
- B.A. – Mass Communication and Video Production
- BA in Media Studies
- BBA in Communication and Journalism
- Diploma In Mass Communication
Eligibility for Mass Communication Courses after 12th
To pursue Mass communication Course after 12th, one must be eligible to get admission into various colleges. Students are eligible to apply for the various undergraduate program if he /she
- Completed 10+2 from a recognized University.
- Scored 55% aggregate marks in class 12th.
- Should have English as one of the subjects among the best four subjects.
- Should have cleared entrance exam organized by various colleges.
Top Colleges Offering Mass Communication Course In India
- Doon Business School, Dehradun
- Sai Institute of Paramedical & Allied Science, Dehradun
- Dev Bhoomi Group of Institutions, Dehradun
- Uttaranchal University, Dehradun
- BFIT Group of Institutions, Dehradun
- Noida International University, Noida
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Institute of Mass Communication and Media Technology, Kurukshetra
- Chaudhary Devi Lal University, Sirsa
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh College of Management and Technology, Faridabad
- DAV College for Girls, Yamunanagar
- International Institute of Management, Media and IT, Delhi
- Jagannath Institute of Management Sciences, Rohini, Delhi
- Sadhna Academy for Media Studies, Noida
- Amazon Institute of Hotel Tourism and Management, Dehradun
Admission Procedure in Mass Communication Course
Admission procedure in mass media courses varies at different colleges and University levels. Find some top colleges admission procedure below –
- Admission Procedure to Mass Communication in op colleges is done on the basis of merit list. The merit list prepared to take a 10+2 percentage as a base.
- Many universities and colleges conduct entrance exam for admission in Mass communication courses.
- Delhi University conducts Common Entrance Test in Journalism (CET) for an undergraduate course.
- Symbiosis College conducts SET and similarly, Amrita University conducts a personal interview.
Top Mass Communication Courses After Graduation
After proceeding mass communication undergraduate course, one can proceed for a post-graduation course. Candidate having non-mass communication background can also apply for Pg courses. They can seek specialization courses in Mass Communication offered by many prestigious institutions. A student can select their courses as per their interest and can make firm career choice for the near future. One can pursue the following mentioned mass communication courses after their graduation.
- M.A. Mass Communication
- Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication
- Ph.D in Mass Communication
- Master of Mass Communication ( MMC)
- M. Sc. in Mass Communication
- Master in Mass communication + PGD in Mass Communication
- M.Sc. Mass Communication, Advertising & Journalism
- Post Graduate Diploma Program in Communication + Masters in Mass Communication
- PGDM – Advertising and Mass Communication
Note: It is to be noted that few colleges conduct their own examination for admission to various post graduate and PG diploma courses. Candidates need to clear the entrance examination to get their names on the merit list.
Top Colleges Offering Mass Communication PG Course
- Quantum University Roorkee
- BFIT Group of Institutions, Dehradun
- Doon Business School, Dehradun
- Doon Group of Colleges, Dehradun
- Sai Institute of Paramedical & Allied Sciences, Dehradun
- Omkarananda Institute of Management and Technology (OIMT), Rishikesh
- Dibrugarh University (DU), Dibrugarh
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication (SIMC), Pune
- BBK DAV College for Women, Amritsar
- Chaudhary Ranbir Singh University, Jind
- Shah Satnam Ji PG Boys College, Sirsa
- Pratap University, Rajasthan
Mass Communication Scope and Career
In the world of digitalization, most demanding jobs are available in the media field. After completing a course in mass communication and media, there is a great demand in the various fields like a news channel, T.V shows, magazines, news portals, publishing houses, and many others.
In the last 5 years, we have seen some drastic changes in the Mass Comm Sector. It has become a part of the day-to-day life of common people. You enjoy your favorite shows, movies, sport, read newspapers, radio shows etc. All these are an integral part of mass and media. But before getting into detail, let me provide you with some basic knowledge about mass communication, in case if you do not know much about this term.
A person can even do freelancing and can be self-employed. Your job profile will be depending on your overall experience and the company with whom you are working. One can take heights in mass communication career if a person has good communication skills. If we analyze career stability in mass communication, there is a great opportunity knocking for the freshers also.
Mass Communication Jobs in 2019
Electronic media has taken over the mass communication field and has given various lucrative job options. Many job profiles are available in this field. One can become any of the following:
4) Sound Engineer
5) Technical Writer
7) Producer/Associate Producer
9) Transmission technician
11) Printing Technician
Further, a person can get a good job in
- TV Channels/ Production houses
- Radio Channel
- Film Production
Mass Communication Salary In India
The salary in mass communication field depends on skills and experience one has exposed to. A person can start a career in reporting with an initial salary of 10k to 20k. Also, he/she can be an anchor or a content writer. Salary in this field could be 20k to 40k depending on the organization in which one is working. With the expertise and experience in a particular field, one can even earn a six-figure income.
Top Placement Companies In Mass Communication Course
As per the educationists, media industry is flourishing in India. More than five news channels, advertising, and PR firms are coming up every year. This has expanded the scenario of employment in the field of mass communication. Below is the list of top ten recruiters in the field of mass communication:
- Star Network
- CNN IBN
- TV Today
- Zee Network
After recruitment in the news channel one can be any of the following:
- TV Anchor
- News Editor
- Senior Journalist
- Junior Journalist
- Screen Writer
- Editor in Chief
- Camera Man
- Assistant Director
- Screen Writer
- Video Jockey
Not just in news channels, media also has wonderful career options in advertising, writing, publishing, public relations etc.
Entrance Exam For Mass Communication Course After 12th
- Asian College of Journalism entrance exam
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication Entrance Exam
- International School of Business and Media entrance exam.
- Jamia Milia Islamia entrance exam.
- Symbiosis Entrance Test
- Xavier Institute of Communication Entrance Exam
- Mudra Institute of Communication Entrance Exam
- Andhra University Common Entrance Test
- Symbiosis National Aptitude Test
Asian College of Journalism (ACJ) entrance exam 2018
Students interested in doing their post-graduate diploma programs from Asian college of journalism can apply for this entrance exam. This exam happens every year in the month of May and registration starts in April. Students completed their bachelor degree with minimum 50 % marks can participate in the entrance exams.
ACJ entrance exam pattern is divided into two parts, first parts focus to test the English skills & second parts test the current affairs and general knowledge of the students.
To get more details, students can reach to the official website i.e http://www.asianmedia.org.in/ and fill the application form online.
Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) Entrance Exam
Aspirants who are interested in taking admission in postgraduate diploma courses in mass communication (Hindi, English, Odia, Urdu), PG Diploma in Radio & TV journalism, PG Diploma course in advertising & public relations can attempt for the above entrance exam, in order to take admission in IIMC. This exam happens every year in the month of May & registration starts in April.
Candidates who have completed their UG course or pursuing can participate in this entrance exam. There is no set pattern of IIMC exam, basically, this exam tries to judge language ability, analytical, general awareness, writing skills etc.
Students interested in applying for this exam can reach out to the official site http://www.iimc.nic.in/ & can get more details about the exam.
Jamia Milia Islamia Entrance Exam
To give admission in engineering, management, Architecture & planning, Travel, animation, Mass Communication, Humanities, Commerce & teaching courses, Jamia Milia Islamia University conducts its own entrance exam. Candidate interested in the above exams can register online for the entrance exam. Registration for the above exams starts in Feb every year & most of the exams happen in the month of April. Students require more info about the exam can reach on the official website jmi.ac.in/admissions.
AISFM Entrance Exam
Students interested in taking admission in UG & PG courses of Mass Communication, animation, graphic design, photography, Business management & media & entertainment courses can participate on the above exam. AISFM entrance is being conducted by Annapurna International School of Film & Media. Registration for the above exam can be done online, which starts in the month of Feb & exams being conducted in the month of May. For applying online students can reach www.aisfm.edu.in.
Manorama School Of Communication Entrance Exam
Mascom Entrance exam is the gateway for the students who look forward to taking admission in courses like PG diploma in print Journalism & PG diploma in broadcast journalism in Manorama school of communication. Online Registration for this exams starts in Feb every year & exam being conducted in April. To further info for the exam students can reach out to www.manoramajschool.com
Some Other Best Colleges For Mass Media Courses After 12th
There are many colleges in India offering mass communication courses. It is very important to make right college /university choice when it comes to career security. Below is the list of top colleges that offer mass communication program.
- Asian College of Journalism
- Xavier Institute of Communication
- Amity University
- Aizaz Rizvi College of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication
- Amrita University
- National Institute of Mass Communication
- Manorama School of Mass Communication
- Madras Christian College
- School of Journal and New Media Studies-IGNOU