Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment is offering National Overseas Scholarship For Scheduled Caste Students 2019-20. The aim of this scholarship is to offer financial assistance to the students who are planning for Higher education in abroad. This scheme is only for the students who are from SC, Denotified Nomadic and Semi Nomadic Tribe, Landless Agricultural Laborer and Traditional Artisan categories. These category students are given financial support for pursuing a Masters’ Degree or PhD in Abroad.
Note: To get every detail related to this scholarship read our complete article below.
National Overseas Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To get the proper scholarship you need to fulfil the eligibility criteria. Check out the mentioned points below.
- Applicants must have scored minimum 55% marks in last qualifying examination.
- Applied candidate must be below the age of 35 years of age as son 1st April 2019.
- Annual Family income should be not less than INR 6 lakh P/A.
Note – Scheme is only for the students who are from the following categories:
- Schedule caste
- Denotified Nomadic Tribes
- Landless Agricultural Laborers
- Traditional Artisans
Rewards of National Overseas Scholarship for SC Students
If you are selected for this scholarship then you will receive the following benefits :
For studies in USA –Annual Maintenance amount of USD 15,400 will be given under the courses covered ion this scheme.
For Studies in UK- Annual maintenance allowance of GBP 9,900 will be given.
How to Apply for National Overseas Scholarship for Scheduled Caste Students
To apply for this scheme you must follow the steps:
- Visit The Official Website www.nosmsje.gov.in
- Enter username and password and login them and start the application.
- Candidate can provide their personal details, address, Abroad university details etc.
- Provide educational and employment details, visa details etc
- Submitted your form.
- Caste Certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Scanned Signature
- Current address proof
- Qualifying mark sheet/degree
- Valid Documents regarding admission
- Income Certificate of all family members contributing to the household
- Employers NOC certificate
Terms and Condition for National Overseas Scholarship for Minorities
This scheme follows certain terms and conditions on which students are chosen. Read the points mentioned below so that you can come to know more details about this scholarship.
- Total of 100 awards will be given as per fund availability.
- 30% award will be given to women candidate.
- Vacant seats of the previous year will be varied forward.
- The scholarship will be given to the students who are pursuing the following course:
- Engineering and Management
- Pure Science and Applied Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences and Medicine
- Commerce, Accounting & Finance
- Humanities & Social Sciences
Check out More