- Indian Coast Guard is the youngest defense service, established in the year 1978 for protecting the Indian maritime safety. It has the capability of doing both air and surface operations.
- The Indian Coast Guard works closely with the police forces, department of fisheries, Indian navy and revenue department to help prevent state defined illegal activities like, poaching, smuggling etc.
- The Indian coast guard has an excellent career opportunity to those, who have love for water sporting activities and have a desire to experience exotic maritime beauty.
- Being a part of Indian coast guard, you will face many things such as hard work, professionalism, risk and adventure and the opportunity to move around and visit different places within India and abroad.
- Indian coast guard is not just an employment opportunity; it is the place where you can play a vital role for protecting the nation.
- Should have love for water sports.
- Should not have sea sickness
- Should be dedicated by nature and loyal to the service
- Should be ready to move when demanded
- Should be healthy and very pleasant in communication
- There is ample scope for adventure in Indian Cost Guard. You will visit many exotic places while protecting the interests of the country. The pay scale of government personnel (including the retired ones) is appropriately revised by the central government every 10 years. The food and other services are excellent. Also at the time of special duties or when sent to so called difficult terrains, or during festive seasons you will be provided special bonus.
- The promotional aven
Both men and women can join Indian coast guard after completing their 10+2, graduation and engineering. There are two type of entry in the Indian coast guard namely officer entry and sailor entry. Each entry has numerous job posts, following is the brief description of all the posts.
Under the officer entry there are few branches such as general duty branch, technical branch and engineer branch. Following are the name of post in all three branches:
- Assistant Commandant (GD)
- Assistant Commandant (GD)-SSA
- Assistant Commandant (GD-P/N)
- Assistant Commandant (GD-P-CPL) SSA
- Assistant Commandant (Tech)
- Assistant Commandant (Law)
- Sailor entry
In the sailor entry
there are also many branches such as general duty branch, technical branch and engineer branch. Following are the post of all three branches:
- Uttam Yantrik
- Pradhan Yantrik
- Sahayak Engineer
- Uttam Sahayak Engineer
- Pradhan Sahayak Engineer
In counterpart to civilian jobs, the services in armed sector are very better in terms of job conditions and pay scale. The pay would include Dearness allowance, Kit Maintenance allowance and Transport allowance. At the time of retirement you will be provided decent retirement funds. Below is the salary structure of different posts:
- Assistant Commandant 15600-39100 with Grade Pay Rs 5400/-
- Deputy Commandant 15600-39100 with Grade Pay Rs 6600/-
- Commandant (Junior Grade) 15600-39100 with Grade Pay Rs 7600/-
- Commandant 37400-67000 with Grade Pay Rs 8700/-
- Deputy Inspector General 37400-67000 with Grade Pay Rs 8900/-
- Inspector General 37400-67000 with Grade Pay Rs 10000/-
- Director General 37400-67000 with Grade Pay Rs 12000/-