How to Crack Gate Exam 2018? One of biggest question in student mind now a days who want to take admissions in post-graduate courses. So, today we are providing you the answer of this biggest question. In this article we are providing you the expert tips to crack gate 2018 exam easily. These tips are from the students who had already crack the gate exam.
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is one of the highly prestigious entrance exams for the engineering graduates conducted jointly by 7 IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) and IIM (Indian Institute of Science). Candidates, who qualify GATE examination, are eligible to take admission into post-graduate programs in various government and private universities/colleges of India.
Every year, lakhs of candidates appear in this competitive exam but only a few of them are able to crack the exam as competition level is exponentially increasing with every passing year. GATE 2018, which is an online exam will be conducted on 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th February 2018. GATE 2018 aspirants can start to apply online from September, 1st, 2018 onwards. Here, we have compiled some expert tips to crack GATE 2018. These tips will not only guide students but also they can help you to make a concrete plan in order to get good scores in exam.
- Go Through detailed GATE 2018 Syllabus This is certainly the very first thing to be practiced by the GATE aspirants. Firstly, you should know the entire syllabus of GATE. Preparing random subjects will not lead your preparation towards its end. Syllabus provides you the details regarding each and every topic that will come in the exam.
The syllabus of GATE includes many other important information such as Mathematics is not compulsory for all the candidates who are taking XL & GG paper. General Aptitude and Engineering, Mathematics papers are mandatory for all the candidates. These kinds of information plays a significant role in preparation. Therefore, streamline your focus on going through the syllabus.
- Aware About the Exam Pattern: After syllabus, exam pattern plays an integral part to prepare for GATE 2018 exam. Exam pattern helps aspirants to know the section-wise details of the exam. GATE question paper has an objective type and numerical type of questions.There will be negative marking in objective type questions, while there will not any deductions for numerical type questions. Exam pattern also comprises the time duration of each section. Remembering these points will help individuals to grab good marks in the exam.
- Make a Concrete Plan: Planning is always an important task in the preparation of any examination. Making a concrete study plan becomes easy after understanding about exam pattern and syllabus. Now, you know the important topics, therefore you need to create a practicable plan. While creating a plan, you have to consider some important aspects. First of all, figure out the most important topics and try to cover them. Always make regular notes of whatever you are preparing. Assign a separate time for revising the covered topics. Divide your time in a way that all the subjects and topic will cover. Also, regularly track your preparation on weekly basis.
- Prepare Short Notes: Summarizing the entire topics into short notes help candidates to reduce the unnecessary efforts plus valuable time. When you make short notes of each topic in your own language, it decreases the revision time and you also learn easily. With the help of short notes, you do not need to carry heavy books with yourself and revise the topics anywhere as per your ease.
- Arrange Bunch of Best Books:There are 23 papers on different subjects are covered in GATE examination, therefore, candidates need to get into the core of each subject. A best book is the best solution to this concern. A good book comprises all the topics in details as well as in easiest way. Candidates have to select best books which covered entire syllabus. This will save your time in searching various books.
- Solving Sample Papers and Mock Tests: Sample papers along with mock tests are the best ways to test your preparation before the examination. Collect previous years sample papers and start solving them one by one. More sample papers you solve, your accuracy and speed will enhance. Speed and accuracy are the two important aspects in cracking GATE exam. If you prepare these mock tests in real time situations, an average candidate cans also clear this exam.
- Revision: All the above tips will fall in vain if you are not able to revise them before the examination. Your brain has some limitations, it does not remember things for longer duration and people will easily forget what they learned. Therefore, revision can improve your ability to crack the exam. Always include some quality time in your study schedule for revision. Remember, it is the key to get closer to the success.
- Take Care of Your Health: Most of the candidates do not pay much attention to their health, which is really very important. Just imagine, if your health is not good, how can you prepare for the examination? Bad health will affect your focus and ruin your dreams. So, always take care of your health. Follow proper diet, sleep properly and try to away from any injuries. If you get past this hurdle, you will win half the battle even before the exam.
Final Words: So, these are the important traits of getting success in GATE 2018 examination which can help GATE aspirants to not only qualify the exam but also get good scores. So, include these essential tips before making your strategy for the preparation of GATE 2018 examination.