- UPES-DAT All Design Courses Scholarship 2019
- Vidhyaa Scholarship for Higher Education
- UPESEAT B.Tech Scholarship UPES 2019
- NIU Scholarship cum Admission Test (NSAT) 2019
- Chief Minister Medhavi Student Scheme 2018, Madhya Pradesh
- Dr. Reddy's Foundation Sashakt Scholarship 2019
- Maidh Trust Scholarship 2019
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2019
- Central Sector Scheme Of Scholarships For College And University Students 2018-19
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2018-19 - Last Date & Application Form
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) has been introduced by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India with an objective to encourage the higher technical and professional education of dependent wards & widows of CAPFs & AR personnel and dependent wards of Ex/Serving RPF/RPSF personnel and widows.
There are 2 different schemes available under PMSS, one is Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF and another is Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles. Aspirants after fulfilling their eligibility can apply for the respective scheme. Out of the total scholarships, 50% of the scholarships are reserved for girl’s candidates. This initiative is basically taken to help the candidates to fulfil their dreams of higher studies.
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF:
This scheme is available for the wards or widow of Ex/Serving RPF/RPSF personnel who are below the rank of gazetted officer. The aim of this scheme is to financially support and encourage these candidates for pursuing technical and professional education.
Number Of Scholarships:
There is a total of 150 scholarships available under PMSS RPF/RPSF. Out of 150 scholarships, 75 scholarships are earmarked for female candidates.
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF Reward:
The amount of scholarship provides to students selected for Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF are:
- Male candidates: INR 2000/- per month
- Female candidates: INR 2250/- per month
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF Duration:
The duration of scholarship is 1 to 5 years, depending upon the duration of course.
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF Eligibility:
Students wishing to apply for PMSS RPF/RPSF have to fulfil the following conditions:
- An applicant must be the ward or widow of Ex/Serving RPF/RPSF personnel having rank less than the gazetted officer.
- A candidate must be pursuing the technical or professional course from government-approved authorities such as AICTE, MCI, UGC, NCTE, etc.
- It is necessary for the applicants to secure minimum 60% marks in the qualifying examination in order to apply for this scheme.
Note: Two wards per family can be eligible for this scheme.
How to apply For Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF::
The application process of PMSS involves the following steps:
- Students can apply through online mode.
- The application form will be filled through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
- The online application link for applying is https://scholarships.gov.in
- Candidates applying the first time have to click on “New User? Register”.
- Enter your name, state of domicile, gender, mobile number, DOB, email ID, scholarship category, bank details, etc.
- After clicking on register, you will get an OTP in your registered mobile number.
- Enter OTP and fill the scholarship form.
- Applicants must fill all the details carefully and correctly.
- One candidate can submit only one application form as multiple applications will lead to rejection.
- Candidates must note down the generated application ID and password for further use.
Documents Required For Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF:
- Qualifying examination mark sheet
- Service certificate of serving personnel issued by respective offices (for category IV)
- Scanned Copy of PPO/Discharge Certificate/book (for categories I, II, III)
- Bank Account Details
Note: For renewal of scholarship, students need to login by entering their registered application ID and upload a certificate from the College/Institute stating the percentage of mark obtained as well as stating that the student is pursuing the course.
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF Important Dates:
The filling of online application form starts from the month of September. A period of one month is provided for the submission of application form. Students can submit the form until the month of October.
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF Selection Process:
The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the following preferences:
- Category- I: Candidates who are wards and widows of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel died in harness due to encounter with terrorists or with criminals on duty.
- Category-II: Candidates who are the wards and widows of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel died in the tenure of their service comes under this category.
- Category-III: Under this category, the wards of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel who have retired.
- Category-IV: Wards of RPF/RPSF personnel falls under this category.
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) And Assam Rifles:
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for CAPFs and Assam Rifles has been introduced under the aegis of National defence Fund from the academic year 2006-07. This scheme is exclusively meant to encourage the higher education of the dependent wards & widows of Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles (CAPFs & AR) Personnel.
Number Of Scholarships:
Total 2000 students will be selected under this scheme. There are equal numbers of scholarships available for males and females candidates (i.e. 1000:1000).
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assam Rifles Reward:
- The value of the scholarship is as follows:
- For Female candidates: INR 2250/- per month
- For Male candidates: INR 2000/- per month
Note: Scholars will receive the amount of scholarship on annual basis i.e. INR 27000/- to each girl & INR 24000/- to each boy. In the case of integrated ME/M.Tech/M. Pharma courses, the scholarship will be provided for the initial three or 4 years as the case may be.
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) And Assam Rifles Eligibility:
In order to be eligible for PMSS CAPFs and Assam Rifles, an applicant must be
- Wards/widows of retired and serving CAPFs & AR Personnel who is below officer rank.
- Wards or widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel died in harness/election duty or wards of personnel disabled due to causes attributable to Government service and Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards.
- Pursuing a first-year professional degree course in the field of dental, medicine, engineering, BBA, BCA, B.Pharma, MCA, MBA, B.Sc Nursing, B.Sc Agriculture, etc.
- However, the Wards admitted in 2nd year of technical/professional Bachelor Degree Course (BE/B.Tech etc) through lateral entry after completion of diploma programme are also eligible to apply.
- Scored at least 60% marks in minimum educational qualification (12th/diploma or graduation).
Note: Candidates applying for renewal of scholarship have to score minimum 50% marks in each subsequent academic year of professional courses, failing of which will lead to the cancellation of scholarship.
How to apply for Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) And Assam Rifles:
- The application process of PMSS for CAPFS and Assam Rifles is the same as the application process of RPF/RPSF.
- The online application forms are available in the national scholarship portal (NSP).
- Visit this link to fill the form https://scholarships.gov.in
- Students must read all the instructions carefully before filling the form.
Documents Required For Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) And Assam Rifles:
- Service certificate issued by H.O.O (for serving personnel)
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination
- PPO/Discharge Certificate/Book (for category A to F)
- Disability Certificate (for category B & D)
- Death Certificate (for category A & C)
- Certificate of Gallantry award (for category E)
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) And Assam Rifles Important Dates:
The registration window opens in the month of September. Aspirants will get a period of one month to submit the application form. Students can submit the form by the end of October.
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) And Assam Rifles Selection Procedure:
The allotment of scholarships will be done in the following order of preferences:
- Category- A: Candidates who are wards and widows of CAPFs & AR personnel killed in action.
- Category-B: Candidates who are the wards of ex-CAPFs & AR personnel disabled in action.
- Category-C: Wards/Widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel died in casualties during conduct of action.
- Category-D: Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel died during service.
- Category-E: Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel receive Gallantry Awards
- Category-F: Candidates who are wards of Ex- CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR)
- Category-G: Wards of serving CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR) falls under this category
To get more information regarding Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme (PMSS), students can visit the official website viz. https://scholarships.gov.in/