In this article, we want to tell you that apart from Engineering you have plenty of career options after 12th Science PCM other than engineering. Remember these options are for students who had completed their 12th in Science stream with PCM combination.
Career Options After 12th Science PCM Other Than Engineering
After completing 12th every student of science PCM wants to aspire Engineering as a career. Even parents also see these fields as a safe zone and push their children to become an engineer.
There is no doubt in India that every parent wants to make their child either a Doctor or Engineer. Students who have completed their 12th with Science stream especially keep under pressure to give many competitive exams like JEE or NEET to become Engineer and Doctor as their parents want.
But very few of them know that Science+PCM can give you plenty of options for a good career. There is a lack of awareness in students as well as in parents that students of science have much more and lucrative career options.
As we all know most of the students with a PCM combination in class 12th will go for engineering hence, the competition and struggle get tougher every year.
Top 5 Career Options After 12th Science PCM Except Engineering
Whether it’s the architectural marvel such as Burj Khalifa or modern buildings like residential complexes, malls, restaurants etc. they need architects with intensive planning and impeccable designing ability. If you have keen observational skills, a knack for efficient use of space, and an eye-for-detail you could easily make a career in Architecture. Some fields/profiles related to architecture you may go into are Urban Design, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design, Industrial Design, etc.
Top Architecture Courses
- B. Arch
- M. Arch
- Diploma in Architectural Assistantship
- Ph.D in Architecture
- Diploma in Architecture Engineering
- Master of Landscape Architecture
- Ph.D in Landscape Architecture
- B. Arch Interior Design
- M. Arch – Urban Design
- M.Architecture (Interior Architecture)
Top Architecture Colleges 2018
- Graphic Era Hill University, Dehradun
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun
- DIT University, Dehradun
- Ansal Technical Campus, Lucknow
- Punjab Agricultural University (PAU), Ludhiana
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Desh Bhagat University, Mandi Gobindgarh
You May Also Like:
A perfect mix of science, technology and travel aviation is a career for you would like to fly high. You can become a Commercial Pilot and work with international or regional airlines or can go in other fields/profiles such as Aircraft Maintenance Engineering and work with domestic airlines, airport authorities and aircraft manufacturing firms etc.
Top Aviation Courses 2018
- B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
- Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
- B.Sc Aeronautical Engineering
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering – Mechanical Stream (Aeroplane & Power plants)
- Diploma in Airport Management Services
- B.Sc. – Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- Certificate in Airport Ground Staff Services
- Bachelors in Hospitality Management – Culinary Specialization
- Diploma in Cabin Crew
Top Aviation Colleges 2018
- PTC Aviation Academy, Chennai
- IIFA Lancaster Degree College, Bangalore
- Chandigarh University
- Angelblues Aviation and Tourism Academy, Kochi
- Lovely Professional University
- Asia Pacific Flight Training Academy, Hyderabad
- Akbar Academy, Mumbai
- Institute of Logistics and Aviation Management
3) Ethical Hacking
As per its name, Ethical Hacking is an exciting and off-beat career becoming popular very fast. Ethical Hackers supposed to find faults in the system’s defenses, fight malicious counterparts and stop them attempt to breach the security of a computer system. As an ethical hacker, you can work as a Network Security Engineer, Penetration Tester, and Security Consultant etc.
Top Ethical Colleges 2018
- Indian School of Ethical Hacking (ISOEH), Kolkata
- Institute of Ethical Hacking and Forensics, Odisha
- Arizona Infotech, Pune
- Quest Institute of Knowledge (QUIK), Mumbai
- Ankit Fadia Certified Ethical Hacker
4) Defence/ Merchant Navy
If you have the zeal to serve the nation Defense would be the perfect career option for you. Support operations to maintain peach & do humanitarian work are their main work. Depending upon your choice you may select and after undergoing their entry and training procedures join between the Army, Navy, and Air-Force. You may also opt for a career in Merchant Navy, differ from the Indian Navy the Merchant Navy works to help international trade, by transporting cargo, goods, and commercial items across the countries.
5) Forensic Science
Forensic Science is maybe a new but growing sector in India. It collects evidence, document scientifically and analyzes them in their lab. If you wish to pursue a career in this field, you must have to be detail-oriented with great observational and investigative skills. You may work as a Forensic Toxicologist, Crime Scene Investigator, Forensic Ballistics Expert, Polygraph Examiner, Digital Forensics Expert etc.
Courses After 12th Science Other Than Engineering
A student of science stream with a combination of PCM has a large number of courses after 12th science other than engineering. As many students get confused and didn’t get proper guidance we have researched and picked-up some beneficial courses which will lead you towards a successful career. They can opt for many other courses which are available for them and choose their career as they want.
Students of Mathematics group have numerous options of B.Sc. with career prospective streams, which is a 3-year bachelor degree program. Some of them are…
- B.Sc. in Computer Science
- B.Sc. in Biotechnology
- BSc. in Aviation
- B.Sc. in Electronics and Communication
- BSc in Animation and Multimedia
Bachelor of Architecture is a 5-year long academic course which is very popular among PCM students who doesn’t get admission in engineering for any reason.
Top B.Arch Colleges 2018
- Dev Bhoomi Group of Institutions, Dehradun
- Sunder Deep College of Architechture (SDCA), Ghaziabad
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS University), Mumbai
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh State Technical Campus, Firojpur
- AP Goyal Shimla University (AGU), Shimla
- Chitkara University, Patiala
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT), Bhopal
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRUA), Raebareli
Commercial Pilot Training
Students who have completed 12th with Science+PCM combination are eligible to pursue Commercial Pilot training. To take admission, the student has to pass an aptitude test and personal interview. The duration of this course depends upon the ability of the student.
Top Colleges Offering CPL
- Adventure Flight Education, Mumbai
- Indian Aviation Academy, Andheri West, Mumbai
- Sha Shib Flying Academy (SSFA), Madhya Pradesh
- Asia Pacific Flight Training Academy (APFTA), Hyderabad
- The Bombay Flying Club (BFC), Mumbai
- Ahmedabad Aviation & Aeronautics Ltd. (AAA), Ahmedabad
- Madhya Pradesh Flying Club (MPFC), Indore
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRUA), Raebareli
Bachelor of Pharmacy is another popular course among PCM students. However, people generally consider this course related to the medical field, PCM students are also eligible to pursue it.
If you have a creative quotient and passion to pursue it as a career, 4-year long Bachelor of Design course can give you various options such as…
- B.Des. Leather Design
- B.Des. Textile Design
- B.Des. Interior Design
- B.Des. Accessory Design
Maybe some people say that the Bachelor of Business Administration has no relevance with science stream. Though PCM students can opt for this 3-year course and after that, they can pursue M.B.A. (2-year) in any of the fields of their choice such as H.R, Marketing, Sales etc.
DIPLOMA COURSES AFTER 12TH SCIENCE OTHER THAN ENGINEERING
Apart from taking a Degree in Engineering, Students of PCM also have an option to pursue a 3-year Diploma in Engineering. Such as…
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma- Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics Engineering
A student can also opt for many other job-oriented diploma courses. The duration of a diploma course can be between 6 months- 1 year. Some examples of job-oriented diploma courses are…
- Diploma in Animation and Multimedia
- Diploma in Event Management
- Diploma- Jewellery Designing
- Diploma in Retail Management
- Diploma- Filmmaking, Video Production, and Editing
After completing a degree or diploma course of your choice you may go for higher studies in the respective stream to get more experience and become a professional.
Tell us if you have questions or how do you feel about the courses we’ve mentioned above? Leave a comment and our experts will be happy to help you!