Career & Course info of Computer Science engineer In India
- Computer Science Engineering is one of the popular and fastest growing career options for most of the undergraduate and post-graduate students of India. Due to its highly paid job oriented sector, individuals attract towards this lucrative field.
- Computer Science engineering is a stream that solely deals with the designing, implementing and management of hardware and software. A Computer Science professional is known as Computer Engineer who is responsible for computation and designing of systems.
- A Computer Science Engineer is not only a keen learner of different software aspect of technology but also have in-depth knowledge of programing language, operating system, and database.
- With the increase in digitalization over the years, Information Technology and Computer Science have seen rapid growth in the country. There is high-end demands for the Computer Science professionals and various IT companies are employing a huge number of professionals.
- A Computer Science graduate can either work in a public sector organization or high-end MNC IT companies. IT sector in India is currently in booming phase, so there are plenty of jobs for freshers as well as experienced personnel.
How to become Computer Science Engineer :
To pursue a career in Computer Science, an individual has to fulfill the below mentioned basic education criteria:
- For undergraduate courses, you have to first complete your 10+2 in Science stream with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Computer Science. Also, you have to score good marks to take admissions in best colleges.
- After completing your 12th standard with the above-mentioned conditions, you are eligible to take admissions in undergraduate courses like B.Tech, B.E etc.
- For post-graduate courses like M.Tech, M.E. you have to finish your B.Tech in Computer Science.
- Apart from engineering, you can also make your career in Computer Science by opting BCA, BSc, MCA, and MSc.
Popular Courses in Computer Science:
B. Tech. - Computer Science and Engineering :
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering is the 4-years duration undergraduate course offered by many prominent engineering institutions.
- It is the full-time residential programme consisting of 8 semesters. In each year, there will be 2 semesters (each semester will last for 6 months).
- The tuition fee for this course will cost approximately Rs 4 to 4.5 lac for a span of 4 years.
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) is the highly demanded specialization of engineering which is pursued by the numerous students every year.
- The course involves the study of programming languages, software development, techniques for software testing, computer networking and algorithms.
Here, we are providing the brief idea about the subjects that will cover in the course curriculum of B.Tech CSE:
• Engineering Mathematics
• Electrical Engineering
• Computer Graphics
• Object-Oriented Programming Using C++
• Java Programming
• Software Engineering
• Computer Networks
• Compiler Design
• Artificial Intelligence
• Operating System
• Distributed Computing Systems
• Date Structure
• Database Management System
In addition to above subjects, there are many more subjects that are included in the study of computer science and engineering. Along with providing the theoretical knowledge, students are regularly engaged in practical sessions as well.
Eligibility Criteria for B. Tech.- Computer Science and Engineering :
It is necessary for the aspiring candidates to hold the minimum qualification of 12th passed from the well-recognized educational board. Aspirants should have mandatorily completed their intermediate with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects.
Admission Procedure for B. Tech. - Computer Science and Engineering :
• Students wishing to pursue B.Tech in computer science and engineering are required to appear the entrance test conducted at national level, state level and University level.
• Engineering seats will also be filled on merit basis of 12th examination.
• Engineering aspirants have to appear for the renowned UG level entrance examination namely JEE Main.
• JEE Main is the national level entrance test through which admission into NITs, CFTIs and other engineering institutions are provided.
• Candidates who want to pursue B.Tech from IITs have to necessarily qualify JEE Advanced. Only JEE Maintop scorers will be eligible for appearing the JEE Advanced examination.
• Other engineering entrance exams are SRMJEEE, VITEEE, UPESEAT, BITSAT, Assam CEE, BCECE, AP EAMCET, TS EAMCET, etc.
• Allotment of seats will be carried out through counseling sessions conducted for the qualifying candidates.
B. Tech. - Computer Science and Information Technology:
- B. Tech. - Computer Science and Information Technology is known as Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Information Technology, which is an undergraduate degree program. Information Technology deals with the use of computers to store, to recover and to transmit information.
- This course is all about the knowledge of various industries which uses computers, networking options, various software programming etc. It includes the study of management, information theory, e-commerce, business information technology, algorithms, software engineering, complexities theory etc.
- Through this course, students will acquire depth knowledge about the computer science and its connection with the engineering. Students who have completed their 10+2 with science stream can apply for this degree program. Once they will obtain this degree, they can find many job opportunities in HCL Technologies, Microsoft, dell, Wipro, Infosys, and in many other I.T companies.
Eligibility Criteria for B. Tech. - Computer Science and Information Technology:
The minimum eligibility for this course requires, passing the higher secondary school certificate (10+2) examination with science subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
B. Tech. - Computer Science :
B. Tech. - Computer Science Course Info:
- It is a 4 years bachelor degree program.
- Includes the study of fundamental and advanced programming of computers.
- It covers topics like Software Engineering, System Software, Computer Architecture, and Organization, Data Structures, Data Algorithms, Operating Systems, Database Management Systems, Computer Fundamentals, C Programming, etc.
- This course will help you to enhance your analytical skills, technical skills and provide you the ability to solve the technical problems.
- Students who have completed their 10+2 with science stream can apply for this degree.
- After being graduated with this degree, you can find many job opportunities in private and public industries, commercial organization etc.
How to get admission in Btech Computer Science course
- You can get into this course, after qualifying an entrance exam conducted by any recognized board or State level examination.
- To get admission into this course in any IITs and NITs, you have to crack an entrance exam JEE.
- There are many other universities, who conduct their own examination to offer admission.
- In order to attempt this examination, you have to meet the eligibility criteria as prescribed by universities.
Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering :
- It is a 3-year diploma program.
- It covers the study of Algorithms, System Programming, Operating System, Data Structures, Computer Architecture & Organization, Image Processing, Microprocessor, Graphics, Computer Maintenance, etc.
- Through this course, students will be skilled at analyzing, designing, developing, installing and maintaining of systems.
- Students who have completed their high school or intermediate with PCME can apply for this diploma program.
- On the completion of this diploma program, you can be hired as an engineer, computer engineer, network administrator and system administrator.
- After completion of this diploma, they can find many career opportunities as Junior Engineer, Technical Assistant, and Computer Operator etc.
- To pursue this diploma program, you must have cleared your 10th standard or 12th standard with PCME.
- You must have cleared the respective qualification with valid marks
Diploma in Computer Engineering:
- Diploma - Computer Engineering stands for Diploma in Computer Engineering, which is a diploma program of Computer Engineering.
- This course is all about the basic knowledge of Engineering, mathematical techniques, scientific computing and knowledge of English.
- It includes the training in some areas such as Software development and testing, hardware, networking, embedded systems, VLSI systems, computer architecture, integrated system and computation.
- Through this course, students can enhance their technical and functional business skills.
- Moreover, students who have completed their High School with subject’s science, math’s, English can apply for this diploma program.
- Once they will obtain this diploma, they can find many jobs in the financial services sector, telecommunication companies, computer industry etc.
- At the same time, they can prepare for further higher studies.
- Students must be passed High School or Intermediate with subjects of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English.
- 12th pass students can take direct admission in the 2nd year, after passing the entrance exam.
M. Tech. - Computer Science and Engineering :
Course Info :
- It is a 2-year master degree program.
- This course includes the combined study of electrical engineering and computer science.
- Under this course, the student will learn various important aspects of computers science such as Computer Graphics, Vision and Multimedia, Computer Networks and Distributed Systems, Algorithms and Complexity, Formal Methods in Software, Software Systems etc.
- they will also study JAVA, C++, Android development, Programming Logic & C etc.
- Students who hold Bachelor degree of B.E or B. Tech can only apply for this Master degree program.
- Once they will gain this degree, they can find many job profiles like Application Software Engineer, Technical Assistant, Network Administrator, Computer Engineer and more
How to get into course
- To get admission into this course, the student needs to crack an entrance exam based on State/National/University Joint Entrance Examination and personal interview.
- There are many renowned institutes like Manipal University, SRM University etc., who have set their own entrance exams.
- In order to appear for an entrance examination, you have to satisfy the eligibility criteria as stated by the Institute.
Eligibility Criteria for MTech Computer Science and Engineering :
- To pursue this degree program, the student must have completed their bachelor’s degree either in science or engineering in computer engineering or any others relevant file of engineering.
- They must have completed the qualifying examination with an aggregate of 50% marks.
Top Colleges/Universities for Computer Science and Engineering :
Here we are listing some popular Colleges/Universities offering courses in Computer Science:
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur
Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi
Computer Science Engineer Job Profile :
There are number of roles and job profiles from which you can start your career in Computer Science. Here we have lined up some popular job profiles in Computer Science:
The main responsibility of a System Analyst is to do research and development related to the existing problems and comes out with solutions. They usually work as a bridge between software development and business development teams.
Network Engineers are those Computer Science professionals, who use to involve in the designing, troubleshooting and implementation of computer networks and systems.
System Designers are involved in physical and logical designing of the system. They are responsible for designing structure and characteristics of the system such as input, output, files and database.
As the name suggests, Software Developers are those professionals, who are into the software development process and their functions include designing, coding, programming and project management.
Hardware Engineers are involved in designing, development, testing and installation of system hardware such as circuit boards, chips, keyboards, printers, speakers etc.
Skills Required for Computer Engineer :
To become a successful Computer Science professional, you have to develop some essential and basic skills and abilities which are as follows:
- Critical thinking
- Modern quantitative abilities
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Operating systems knowledge
- Knowledge of programming languages
- Statistical analysis
- Team work
- Communication skills
Computer Science Engineer Job Prospects In India :
After finishing your degree in Computer Science and Engineering, you can kick-start your career in various fields such as Telecommunications, Database Management, MNC’s, Computer hardware and software maintenance, Website Designing, Gaming Industries and embedded systems. Computer Science is a broad field and one can work with private as well as the public sector with loads of opportunities. Some reputed companies/organizations where Computer Science professionals can work are TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Accenture, HCL, IBM, Google, Adobe, Oracle, Yahoo and Tech Mahindra.
Computer Science Engineer Salary in India :
As I also said earlier that Computer Science is one of the few sectors where youngsters are attracting due to high pay packages in comparison to other sectors.
- A fresh Computer Science graduate can start their career with a salary ranges from15000 to 25000.
- After gaining a minimum of 2 years of experience, they will get up to 40000 to 50000.
- Candidates can also get opportunities in overseas where they get lucrative monetary benefits along with incentives.
- Apart from industries, one can also work as a teacher/professor in school/college/universities and earn up to 40000 plus as a salary with experience.