MOP Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai
MOP Vaishnav College for Women is commonly known as MOPVC, located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It has been established in the year 1992. The college is affiliated to University of Madras, Chennai. It was granted an autonomous Institute by University of Madras and University Grants Commission. It was the fourth and only arts and science college in the University of madras which is accredited with 4 stars by NAAC.
The college offers the 15 Undergradute and seven 7 Post Graduate courses in various discipline such as Management, Computer Application, Commerce, Science, Visual Communication and Humanities and Social Science. The offered courses are MBA, BBA, B.Com, B.Com (Hons), BCA, BA, BSC, MA, M.Sc in Information Technology, M.Sc in Food Technology and Management and others.
The campus of college is spread over green lush land and providing the world class infrastructure facilities inside the college campus. There are well equipped and furnished classrooms, Seminar Hall, Auditorium, Wifi Connectivity, Smart Classrooms, and Air conditioned Theatre, Virtual library, AC Audio Visual Presentation Lab, Hi Technology computers. Multimedia Lab, State of Arts Audio Studio, Video Lab, Shooting Floor, Micro Processor and Digital Electronic Lab, Medical Facility, Sports facility, Community Radio Station, Baking Technology Lab, Campus Television station , well stocked library with around 28,000 books etc.
MOPVC conducts various activities and programs like Essay writing, Market Promotion Strategy, Theme Animation, Mock Interviews, Paper Presentation, Mock Court, Specify in and out etc.
There is a placement cell which focuses on the overall development of students and invites the company for recruitment. The cell conducts activities like resume writing, Internship, Corporate culture, interview skills, GD Sessions, Portfolio development etc so that students can prepare themselves for the campus placement.
The main recruiting companies of MOPVC are HCL, TCS, Wipro, Times of India, Ramco, World Bank, Ford India, Google, Deloitte, Price Waterhouse Coopers and many more.
MOP Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai Admission
- BCA, B.SC in Computer Science and BBA admission, 10+2 with Mathematics or Business Mathematics as main subject from recognized Board
- B.Sc Mathematics, 10+2 in science stream with mathematics as compulsory subject from recognized Board.
- B.Sc in Food Science, 10+2 in any discipline from recognized Board.
- For B.Com and B.Com Hons, Students must have completed 10+2 in commerce stream with Commerce/ Business Studies/ Mathematics/ Business Mathematics from recognized board
- BA, must have completed 10+2 in any discipline from recognized board with minimum 45% marks.
- Admission to all the undergraduate courses will be done on the merit basis of qualifying examination (10+2 examination).
- For MA, bachelor’s degree in any discipline with minimum 50% marks from recognized University.
- M.Sc in Information Technology, students must have completed BCA/ B.sc in Information Technology/ Computer Science or any other equivalent qualification in relevant discipline from recognized University.
- For M.Sc in Food Technology and Management, B.Sc degree in Nutrition and Dietetics/ Biochemistry/ Home Science/ Microbiology/ Zoology/ Life science/ Plant Biology and Plant biotechnology/ Food Service management and Dietetics/ clinical nutrition and Dietetics or equivalent qualification in relevant discipline from recognized University.
- To be eligible for M.Com, students must have completed B.Com with minimum 50% marks from recognized University.
- For Admission to MBA, bachelor’s degree in any discipline from recognized University. They have to appear in Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET). Admission will be done on the basis of score obtained in TANCET.
MOP Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai Fee Structure
- MOPVC fee structure is neither high nor too low. It is much feasible as being a private college.
- There are scholarship scheme available to the meritorious and deserving students.
- The fee structure of every course is different and it changes every year.
B.com (accounting And Finance)
- Course Duration
- Course Type
- Study Mode